Using Mark Specific Player to Target Defenders?

addug

Reaction score
Has anyone experimented with using the "Mark specific player" instruction to target defenders with your strikers? I've been experimenting with it in a few games, and scoring a lot of goals but hard to say if it's as a direct result of doing it so far as I comfortably have the best strikeforce in my league.

I play a trequartista and advanced forward, both attack obviously, and will look at the oppositions CBs before the match and look for any obvious weakness relative to my strikers. I'm working on the basis that by having the both of them marking him he won't be able to mark either properly and as such the other CB will be drawn out of position ruining their defensive shape a bit of a mess.

I also play a AMC set to second striker hoping he will then exploit the gap made by the defenders being sucked together, will look at my next few matches to try and see if this does actually work in practice.

Yeah, quite a few of us in the sortorox thread have been using wide sstrikers to mark oppo fullbacks to great effect.

Could you give me the link to it fella? Was pretty chuffed to get the opposition CB subbed off on 70 in my last game. Still on like 80% condition too so assume it was presumably on performance.

Its in the thread section, loads of pages you cant miss it. proob bout 5 down