Vance77

Reaction score
Hi all,

As we all know, whenever the beta is released, we still have to wait until the official release date before we are able to use the FM editor or purchase the in-game editor.

I usually like to make a few changes to the database before I start my save, and for the past two years have managed a way around this by using the older versions' editors to make the changes, and then copying the xml files into the newest game's 'editor data' folder.

It hasn't worked this time and I'm receiving a 'this data file is incompatible' message when srating a new save. Does anyone know if there is a way around this or will I just have to wait until the official release before starting my game?

Many thanks.

have to wait until the official release before starting my game is the answer or at least wait for the end of the beta

That is a shame if there isn't a way around it. I suppose I can get more work done in the meantime.

If anyone does know a way around it though, I'd be very grateful if you could let me know.

Hi all,

As we all know, whenever the beta is released, we still have to wait until the official release date before we are able to use the FM editor or purchase the in-game editor.

I usually like to make a few changes to the database before I start my save, and for the past two years have managed a way around this by using the older versions' editors to make the changes, and then copying the xml files into the newest game's 'editor data' folder.

It hasn't worked this time and I'm receiving a 'this data file is incompatible' message when srating a new save. Does anyone know if there is a way around this or will I just have to wait until the official release before starting my game?

Many thanks.

Surprised you could do it in the first place. I reckon this year you just happened to make changes that weren't compatible whereas other years you were lucky.

Hi all,

Many thanks.

Surprised you could do it in the first place. I reckon this year you just happened to make changes that weren't compatible whereas other years you were lucky.

Possibly. Although I did ask on the SI forum and I believe they've just blocked editor data files from the Beta.

I just kept dragging editor files from the 2014 game and its worked the last two games but not this one.

Yeah, you can't include edited data files in the Beta from what I can see. Given the purpose of the BETA is to test for errors, allowing users to include and edit stuff that could create new and different errors or issues than the actual data doesn't make a ton of sense. It would be potentially creating extra and even unnecessary work for the SI team.

Yeah, you can't include edited data files in the Beta from what I can see. Given the purpose of the BETA is to test for errors, allowing users to include and edit stuff that could create new and different errors or issues than the actual data doesn't make a ton of sense. It would be potentially creating extra and even unnecessary work for the SI team.

Yes I get your point. Oh well, I guess I'll just wait until the editor is released.