Seano

Reaction score
Hey Folks,

Just a question/discussion regarding the prozone analysis tool built into FM16.
I usually don't change things to drastically in regards to how i play if i notice something at half time using the analysis, unless it's some alarming like 100+ interceptions or players out of position. If i notice a trend occuring i usually try and make slight changes to try and improve it, but i've come across a recent trend that i can't seem to understand.
Here's an image of my overall average position and positional heatmap.
I'm quite alarmed by the darkest colour on the map, which is my penalty area around my goalkeeper.
Now, is this just my goalkeepers positional heatmap or a combination of all my players?

You can see from the image above (i'm the dominating team on the left) that i held most of the possession. Now i know possession doesn't mean on the attack but it does say to me that i'm in control of play. Now i play a more-direct approach with a very high tempo with PI's with the keeper to distribute to full-backs and more quickly.

If it is my keeper that is in the hot-zone, i'm confused as to why. Unfortunately, the heatmap doesn't give you the option to select with or without the ball so i don't know if it's down to him holding onto the ball in there for a long time, even though he should be distributing it quickly, or if he's just standing there a lot.

Can anyone offer any insight as to my this is happening and how i can approach it, or should i just ignore it?

EDIT:

Apologies for lack of screenshots, i don't want to show any results or goalscorers as it's linked to a story i'm writing.

But here's a dumb-down of my positions.

Its a flat 4-4-2
----------------------------Target Man --- Poacher---------------------
Winger/DefensiveWinger(s) ----- CM(d)-----BBM(s)------------Winger/Defensive Winger(s)
Full Back (A)------------CD(D)-------------CD(D)------------Full Back(A)
-----------------------------Goalkeeper(d)---------------------------

Last edited:
It could be, but that would mean that most of my possession is held in that area and thats unlikely.

I know what you mean....

Maybe because the ball is sat still there, in your possession for a few seconds, multiple times per game?

Maybe defending corners contributes too?