Using scout/assistant manager or external programs?

Jesseh

Reaction score
Hello everyone, I want to discuss something with you.

I use FM Genie Scout when signing players to know their rating for a specific role. Often assistant manager/scout rating differ a lot from Genie's. I usually set ratings based on FM role attributes. For example, as a False Nine I would set 100 rating for first touch, passing and technique, and 60 rating for dribbling and finishing (only considering techical attributes on this example).
I also set -50 rating for injury proneness and dirtiness, rating 100 for determination and 50 for professionalism.

Based on those stats I have ratings for every position I use, and often my assistant put different ratings for players based on his opinion. Which one do you think it`s better? How do you setup your teams and plan for squad building? Anyone also using FM Genie Scout with other methodology?

Last edited:
Yes,

Genie Scout and tools like it, take all the good out of the transfer system. That uncertainty of whether a player is worth signing is what makes it all the more rewarding when they come good.

I know but that's not my point, what I'm saying is assistant manager usually picks my team very differently than fm genie scout or even my in-game scout, does he knows more than an attribute-based external program scout? How would you pick your team? Using genie scout, using your own feeling or just quick picking?

Most people pick the players to pick the system/style, not a flat look at the stats. The AM manger in game will pick a side he sees fit, to the best of his ability. Genie scout will take in non of this info, and pick the best players based on the ratings for that position regardless of how the team tactic defines the role. no TI or PI's are taken into account by Genie.

Its great for buying players, but not so much for building a tactic. IMO

Most people pick the players to pick the system/style, not a flat look at the stats. The AM manger in game will pick a side he sees fit, to the best of his ability. Genie scout will take in non of this info, and pick the best players based on the ratings for that position regardless of how the team tactic defines the role. no TI or PI's are taken into account by Genie.

Its great for buying players, but not so much for building a tactic. IMO

Yeah, I usually set the ratings of players to reflect their roles highlighted attributes, usually buying the highest rated players, but most of the time my signings based on this aren`t the assistant manager picks, as he usually picks younger players even if they seems worse than the older ones. I also try to implement PI's into my genie ratings, putting more weight on dribbling if there is the PI Dribble more for example. It seems the AM doesn't care much about PI too, putting a more defensive CM on the slot of the only CM of the two who has get further forward PI.