Using Training to remove Negative Traits

vjcsmoke

Reaction score
Here is what I've found.

If a player has the trait:

Fairly Slow player and Slow off the Mark. You can get rid of it by making him train quickness on individual training. Usually if he gets trained up to 14 pace and 14 acceleration, those 2 negatives will disappear.

Marking is not one of his strong points. You can get rid of it by training his marking.

Would need to learn the language. Usually this disappears after a season or 2 as he learns to speak the language in the country of his new team. And I believe it helps him adjust faster if he has a fellow countryman to speak to on his new team.

Let me know if you guys have found any training that removes negative traits.

I don't know how to get rid of/suspect you can't get rid of --
Doesn't enjoy big matches
Fairly selfish player
Fairly susceptible to injuries

I am guessing that:
Tendency not to get stuck in -- I suspect that training tackling might fix this/make this go away. Someone please confirm if this is true.
Lack of any real strength hinders presence on the pitch -- I suspect training strength attribute up will fix this.
Fairly poor in the air -- I believe training heading should fix this.
Inability to leap off the ground make the player vulnerable in the air -- I believe training jumping reach should fix this.

So please contribute your knowledge on this topic guys! Share what you know about getting good traits and getting rid of bad traits, thanks!

I would say composure/concentration for big matches, teamwork for selfish players and natural fitness for injuries. Might be wrong though!

Here is what I've found.

If a player has the trait:

Fairly Slow player and Slow off the Mark. You can get rid of it by making him train quickness on individual training. Usually if he gets trained up to 14 pace and 14 acceleration, those 2 negatives will disappear.

Marking is not one of his strong points. You can get rid of it by training his marking.

Would need to learn the language. Usually this disappears after a season or 2 as he learns to speak the language in the country of his new team. And I believe it helps him adjust faster if he has a fellow countryman to speak to on his new team.

Let me know if you guys have found any training that removes negative traits.

I don't know how to get rid of/suspect you can't get rid of --
Doesn't enjoy big matches
Fairly selfish player
Fairly susceptible to injuries

I am guessing that:
Tendency not to get stuck in -- I suspect that training tackling might fix this/make this go away. Someone please confirm if this is true.
Lack of any real strength hinders presence on the pitch -- I suspect training strength attribute up will fix this.
Fairly poor in the air -- I believe training heading should fix this.
Inability to leap off the ground make the player vulnerable in the air -- I believe training jumping reach should fix this.

So please contribute your knowledge on this topic guys! Share what you know about getting good traits and getting rid of bad traits, thanks!

Doesn't enjoy big matches - This has to do with the hidden stat "Important matches". Not sure if this can increase through tutoring, although it increases by 2 naturally in younger players.

Fairly selfish player - A player with low teamwork will have this trait in the coach report. Can't be trained so will develop naturally as players get older.

Fairly susceptible to injuries - Pretty sure this is a fixed stat in the game so can't be changed, although the player will have a higher chance of becoming injured depending on how high the stat is.

Tendency not to get stuck in - Pretty sure this is to do will either a players aggression, bravery or both. Not 100% sure.

Lack of any strength hinders presence on the pitch - A player with low strength.

Fairly poor in the air - A player with low heading.

Inability to leap off the ground - A player with low jumping reach.