Usmanov eyes Arsenal takeover

Keep it as it is please. As it stands, Arsenal don't win anything and aren't overly difficult to beat. Let's not change that. :)
Your first win over us in a competition that matters for a long time, and your already cocky. Behave. :P

As much as people might want to think, money is NOT evil. The people spending it is. Wenger is a responsible spender and things will not change (too much), he will stay concentrate on youth but he will bring in the experience needed if he is pressured by the owenr.

As a Liverpool fan, i am not going to lecture anyone on having a trophy drought, but the people here saying "if it aint broke, don't fix it" What happened to your pride? don't you want to win anything? successful teams are made up of determined, passionate individuals. As long as you are happy with 3rd place, you will NEVER reach beyond that!

Demand better for your club! Arsenal is a proud club and deserves better than a champions league quarter final or a 4th/3rd place prem league.

Your first win over us in a competition that matters for a long time, and your already cocky. Behave. :P

First win since the previous league game we played, where we also won.

As much as people might want to think, money is NOT evil. The people spending it is. Wenger is a responsible spender and things will not change (too much), he will stay concentrate on youth but he will bring in the experience needed if he is pressured by the owenr.

As a Liverpool fan, i am not going to lecture anyone on having a trophy drought, but the people here saying "if it aint broke, don't fix it" What happened to your pride? don't you want to win anything? successful teams are made up of determined, passionate individuals. As long as you are happy with 3rd place, you will NEVER reach beyond that!

Demand better for your club! Arsenal is a proud club and deserves better than a champions league quarter final or a 4th/3rd place prem league.
Since you're talking about me, I'll say my pride as a good as its ever been. You seem to be misunderstanding the system I'm looking at when I say "if it aint broke, don't fix it". At the moment, nobody encumbers Wenger or restricts him or makes him do anything he doesn't want to do, they allow him to get on with what he wants to do. Now I don't know what will happen if this Usmanov guy takes over or Kroenke takes over but what I do know is things could change. The owners may buckle under pressure from idiotic fans wanting big transfers and force Wenger to spend big, they could get rid of Wenger altogether if we have another trophy-less season, again because of pressure from fans. I know the current owners would not do this, so as I have said, "if it aint broke, dont fix it".

The only way your statement would apply to me is if I thought under the current regime we would never win anything again. You're working on the assumption that for a club to compete you need loads and loads of money. I like to see Arsenal as the beautiful exception. I think its only a matter of time (a small matter of time actually) before we start winning again, I dont think we need to spend big or do anything drastic. So yeah, my pride is fully intact thank you very much.

The only way your statement would apply to me is if I thought under the current regime we would never win anything again. You're working on the assumption that for a club to compete you need loads and loads of money. I like to see Arsenal as the beautiful exception. I think its only a matter of time (a small matter of time actually) before we start winning again, I dont think we need to spend big or do anything drastic. So yeah, my pride is fully intact thank you very much.

Your being oversensitive on the matter and hes right,Arsenal Fans have been complaining about a lack of a major Signing. No one is asking Wenger to completely change his system. guys like Fabregas, nasri and to a lesser degree Song show its working. However are you winning? no you constantly finish 3rd with the same excuse as always "to many injuries"

Well maybe its time you stopped your excuses and maybe its time Arsene broke out of his little shell, he needs to invest in a World Class Hardman in Midfield (one who can actually take an entire season of physical premier league action and not shatter like glass like most of the arsenal midfield) And FFS he needs to buy a new keeper, no he doesnt have time to "develop" those 2 places, he needs them now and the only way hes gonna do that is by spending some money! He can alter his system a little you know, spending 30mil+ on those 2 positions isnt gonna have people calling you the new Man City

I hope it doesn't happen.
The club is ok how it is now.

Your being oversensitive on the matter and hes right,Arsenal Fans have been complaining about a lack of a major Signing. No one is asking Wenger to completely change his system. guys like Fabregas, nasri and to a lesser degree Song show its working. However are you winning? no you constantly finish 3rd with the same excuse as always "to many injuries"

Well maybe its time you stopped your excuses and maybe its time Arsene broke out of his little shell, he needs to invest in a World Class Hardman in Midfield (one who can actually take an entire season of physical premier league action and not shatter like glass like most of the arsenal midfield) And FFS he needs to buy a new keeper, no he doesnt have time to "develop" those 2 places, he needs them now and the only way hes gonna do that is by spending some money! He can alter his system a little you know, spending 30mil+ on those 2 positions isnt gonna have people calling you the new Man City
I'm not being "oversensitive", he's clearly addressing me and he's saying I don't have pride in my club, that's a big thing to me, dunno about you. The "Arsenal Fans" you speak of do not include every arsenal fan. I dont complain about no major signings and I dont use injuries as an excuse.

Also if we did buy the "World Class Hardman in Midfield" you speak of then Song would never get a game, so way to contradict yourself. As a Man Utd fan your one to speak of weak midfields, how many games has Hargreaves played this season? Or last season? He also cost more than our most injury-prone midfielder (Rosicky), or actually any of midfielders lool. So yeah pot calling the kettle black me thinks, let me not even bring Anderson into this. You're acting like there's a huge gulf in class between us and everyone in the top 4, you only beat us by 1 goal at OT in a game that was really could have gone either way. Yes, history shows that we haven't done well against big sides, that doesn't mean that history will continue to repeat itself. If we went on to beat Chelsea on the 27th would you be saying the same thing?

You are all misunderstanding my point, I have no adversion to an injection of money into the club, I just don't want other things to change, such as transfer policies, the administrative side etc.

Back