Cookie1

Reaction score
Hi everybody. I wanted to ask a question about the three tactical slots. How do you use them? Do you use all 3 slots? Do you use 3 different formations, or do you use the same formation with different roles and playing styles?

Also, can't we have success with only one formation and one playing style? Certain AI managers use the same formation and playing style for the whole season, and still win trophies. So is it possible to do good with just a single formation and style of play?

Also I'd like your opinion about how I should be utilising my three tactical slots.

I use all 3. My main tactic that I use for most games, a tactic that can cover where the first one is weak, in case I encounter a problem formation. My third slot is always a defensive, countering tactic that I'll use either against much stronger opponents or if I really want to change to a defensive setup to hold my lead.

More or less the same. Usually my preferred tactic is quite attacking in nature, so my second is usually a bit more conservative (control or standard mentality) and my third is a counter-attacking tactic. Most of the time all of them are some variation on 4-2-3-1 and 4-3-3, depending on my personnel. I tried a 3-man defense for a countering tactic for a while and was underwhelmed by the results so I went back to what I know. Creature of habit, I guess.