Utilitarian Semi-Gamebreaker 3-4-2-1(La Catedral)

Bald Fraud

Reaction score
I'm not one of these guys that are gonna write up and format a whole essay on the tactic. But I manage an average team in Athletic Bilbao and won the treble in my 2nd season with a pretty average squad, save 3 or 4 players(Aduriz, Benat, Williams, Martinez) after making this tactic, after coming 4th my first season while trying to make a bunch of tactics that were ok. I won the league by A LOT my 2nd season going up against both Madrids and Barca. I won both legs vs City and Real in the CL and Beat Arsenal 2-0 in the final of the CL, with them barely even having a shot at winning.

View attachment 25145View attachment 25144

I never used OIs and the individual instructions are already set

Only thing you need to do is tweak the mentality, Cautions if you're playing a big team, and positive if you're playing a similar or smaller team. And the Poacher can also be used interchangeably as False 9, you get more possession and bringing others into play with the F9, with the poacher, he always sits on the shoulder of the last defender waiting to make a run

DL Here:
View attachment 25126

Last edited:
I'm not one of these guys that are gonna write up and format a whole essay on the tactic. But I manage an average team in Athletic Bilbao and won the treble in my 2nd season with a pretty average squad, save 3 or 4 players(Aduriz, Benat, Williams, Martinez) after making this tactic, after coming 4th my first season while trying to make a bunch of tactics that were ok. I won the league by A LOT my 2nd season going up against both Madrids and Barca. I won both legs vs City and Real in the CL and Beat Arsenal 2-0 in the final of the CL, with them barely even having a shot at winning.

View attachment 1191781View attachment 1191782

I never used OIs and the individual instructions are already set

Only thing you need to do is tweak the mentality, Cautions if you're playing a big team, and positive if you're playing a similar or smaller team. And the Poacher can also be used interchangeably as False 9, you get more possession and bringing others into play with the F9, with the poacher, he always sits on the shoulder of the last defender waiting to make a run

DL Here:
View attachment 1191778

it can not be loaded, it's from fm 2019

If I play for Osasuna, should I use “positive” in all matches? Or I misunderstand you ...

And if the team lacks possession, I have to change the role of the forward, right?

If I play for Osasuna, should I use “positive” in all matches? Or I misunderstand you ...

No, since you are a small team with less good players you should use Cautious as your base mentality. Go defensive if you play a team like Madrid, Barca and when you play teams your size or worse, you can go to balanced or positive.

But I tried to design it in a way that cautious mentality will work for all club sizes, hence it being utilitarian.

If your striker is getting too isolated, or nothing is happening, yes, you can switch to the False 9 to bring more people into the play.

Let me know how it goes using this tactic please as well.

Last edited:
Two CDM players have different instructions ... Is that necessary?

Two CDM players have different instructions ... Is that necessary?

In my experience it's necessary to keep the shape of the formation and not have them over commit, but you can experiment with the CDM roles and let me know.

At the edges, did you use the player by role or is this role purely symbolic?

At the edges, did you use the player by role or is this role purely symbolic?

Before you start to experiment, play some games with my setup. As like a control experiment so you can test for yourself.

Last edited:
I ask to the fact that I need to use on the flanks of players with a good selection?

View attachment 25111So far, everything is very sad ... I will not make hasty conclusions yet, as my team has not yet learned tactics. 7 matches played. 1-3 shots on goal in matches from my team ...

Last edited:
View attachment 1191815So far, everything is very sad ... I will not make hasty conclusions yet, as my team has not yet learned tactics. 7 matches played. 1-3 shots on goal in matches from my team ...

Had the same things with barely any shots

It's not a high scoring tactic, but it wins games, it's more of a "let's score 1 goal and protect the lead" tactic.

A couple things, what is your team cohesion? And what is the tactical familiarity? As Osasuna, play with a defensive or very defensive mentality, and play with a low tempo. Sorry I forgot to say that, playing with a high tempo requires them to either have good mental stats or for them to have fully learned the tactic and then you can play with the tempo.

And do game management, once you score, go back to a more defensive mentality and congest your half of the field.

Last edited:
If you add TFF throw in exploit, this can be good.

This is just great in Defence! I am mixing tactics right now, so i start my match with Knap tactics and after first half switching to this one because it gives much more control.