TheeRash

Reaction score
I was analyzing Barcelona vs AC Milan (Second leg), and I noticed how Barcelona played villa as a number 9, with Messi playing in behind him. This confused the defenders a great deal, as they couldn't mark both Messi and Villa without breaking their defensive line. What this did was allow Messi to get into space and get his shots off.

Would something like this be feasible in FM?

I didn't watch that game but why don't you try to put an AMC in Trequartista role (Messi) behind your striker (don't know which role to use..). Set Running from deep to often for the Messi role, and move into channel. Set move into channel to your striker too. And see how it goes. ;)

I didn't watch that game but why don't you try to put an AMC in Trequartista role (Messi) behind your striker (don't know which role to use..). Set Running from deep to often for the Messi role, and move into channel. Set move into channel to your striker too. And see how it goes. ;)

I might make a Bayern save and try it with Gomez as the 9 with muller/kroos behind him.

I have used this extensively in my first season.
Try this :
DLF/P
IF/A or AM/A

Make sure the wingers are not cutting inside too often, it'll occupy the same space the 'Messi' occupies.

I have used this extensively in my first season.
Try this :
DLF/P
IF/A or AM/A

Make sure the wingers are not cutting inside too often, it'll occupy the same space the 'Messi' occupies.

I'll try that soon.

Trying this formation with my Portugal team. Set it up as a 4-1-3-1-1

Oh, add targetmen to IF/A and AM/A. Not sure about this though.

Still developing, but it's had some nice results.

I want to get England U23s and use Will Hughes as the free'd player