Icry

Reaction score
Darren Ferguson has once again quit the club stating that they are destined for relegation and there must be more to life than managing this team. So in steps Me!

I live and breathe Peterborough United so having a passion for a club always makes it better as you know the squad, stadium, chairman, and what to expect from the club.
THE CLUB

Peterborough United Football Club are a professional English football club based in Peterborough. Their home ground is London Road and the club nickname is The Posh. Peterborough gained promotion to the 2011-12 Football League Championship via the League One play-offs, beating Huddersfield Town 3–0 in the final at Old Trafford. Their highest finishing position in the Football League ladder was 10th in the Championship. Last season the finished 18th in the Championship after a promising start but struggled towardfs the end of the season.

EXPECTATIONS

My season's expectations are simply to consolidate in the Championship. Obviously I want to avoid relegation but I've got to be realistic about things. It will be difficult as Peterborough are a League 1 club punching above their weight plus Ferguson had brought in the following:

Bobby Olejnik (goalkeeper) from Torquay for 300k
Danny Swanson (attacking midfielder) from Dundee United on a Free Transfer
Michael Bostwick (central midfielder) from Stevenage for 500k
Nathaniel Knight-Percival (central defender) from Wrexham on a Free Transfer
Nathaniel Mendez-Laing (right winger) from Wolves for 100k

This leaves me a transfer budget of 300k, not a lot so may look at making some changes to the team.
THE TEAM

So lets look at the team in detail:

Goalkeepers

Bobby Olejnik
Joe Day

The goalkeeper area is one which will need to be improved as Joe Day is only a reserve keeper, an alternative option is definitely needed.

Defence

Gabby Zakuani (C) CB
Shaun Brisley CB
Kgosi Ntlhe LB
Tommy Rowe LB/LM/CM
Craig Alcock RB/LB
Mark Little RB
Nathaniel Knight Percival CB
Scott Griffiths - LCB

The defence is reasonable but I will consider shaking things up in this area, Zakuani is the club captain and a decent bloke too. I tend to look to the future and buy young hungry players like Ferguson does. Tommy Rowe can play at left back but is better in midfield, he works hard and I will be hoping to keep him for years to come, plus he is only 24

Midfield
George Boyd CM/LM
Tommy Rowe LM/CM
Danny Swanson - RCM
Michael Bostwick - CM
Joe Newell - LCM
Lee Frecklington - CM
Daniel Kearns - RM
Grant McCann - CM

The midfield is generally strong, probably the strongest area of the team to be honest. Boyd is undecided on a new contract so need to keep him or sell him for a good price. Swansoon and Bostwick are both strong and Im looking forward to seeing how they get on. Not a fan of Frecklington since he said Lincoln to Peterborough would be a sideways move and then he signed 2 years later when we were on the way up (Not that I bear grudges)

Forwards
Tyrong Barnett
Lee Tomlin
Dave Hibbert
Emile Sinclair

Barnett is Peterborough's most expensive signing 1.1M from Crawley. Tomlin was well thought of by Fergie and he is a good suppotingn attacker. Hibbert is a waste of space and I'm not a fan of Sinclair.

Also forgot to mention Kane Ferdinand and Nathaniel Mendex Laing both in midfield.

Tactics wise I like to play a direct attacking game and formations are generally 4 4 2 or 4 4 2 diamond midfield.

Pre Season is over thankfully after 4 goals and 1 win in 6 matches. The squad is getting a major overhaul and that has to be a factor. Anyways here are my results below:
DateTimeOppositionTVVenueResultCompetition
Sat, 21.7.201215:00BrentfordA0-2Friendly
Tue, 24.7.201219:45Stade Rennais FCH0-1Friendly
Sat, 28.7.201215:00CambridgeA2-0Friendly
Tue, 31.7.201219:45MK DonsA1-1Friendly
Sat, 4.8.201215:00KetteringA0-1Friendly
Sat, 11.8.201215:00West HamH1-1Friendly

The 1-1 draw with a strong West Ham team was good so hopefully we can kick on from there.

A lot of transfers have been made and many die hard Posh fans will hate me as I've got rid of Zakuani, Boyd, Sinclair and McCann. Reading offered me 3.8 million for George Boyd and with the club's finances a bit limited I felt I had to say yes. Defence was an area I wanted to improve and Cardiff offered me 600k for Zakuani. With regards to my transfer targets, I wanted to try and locn Scott Wootton of Man Utd. People who follow the club that he has been on loan with us twice so hopefully he would be interested.

Below is the list of players sold:
DatePersonToFee
22.7.2012Sinclair, EmileHuddersfield£750K
29.7.2012Boyd, GeorgeReading£3.8M
31.7.2012Day, JoeMacclesfieldLoan
31.7.2012Zakuani, GabrielCardiff£600K
3.8.2012McCann, GrantDerby£300K
9.8.2012Griffiths, ScottAldershotLoan
10.8.2012Sayer, BenYorkLoan
10.8.2012Ferdinand, KaneStevenageLn Fee £7K p/m
12.8.2012Knight-Percival, NathanielMacclesfieldLoan
19.8.2012Hibbert, DaveWycombeLoan
Total£5.5M

Below is the list of players signed:
DatePersonFromFee
27.7.2012Sidibé, MahamadouFree TransferFree
28.7.2012Wootton, ScottMan Utd£250K
29.7.2012Keane, MichaelMan Utd£150K
2.8.2012Petrucci, DavideMan Utd£500K
5.8.2012Wordsworth, AnthonyColchester£1M
7.8.2012Bunn, HarryMan City£250K
7.8.2012Sayer, BenFree TransferFree
27.8.2012Díaz, PepeCórdoba£300K
Total£2.5M

McCann was simply sold as, following Boyd's departure, he was the highest paid and probably nowadays does not merit it. 10k off an 80k wage bill made financial sense.

Sidibe was a free transfer and ideal as a 32 year old backup keeper to Olejnik, who I'm still unsure about.
Scott Wootton... YES!!! Signed for a bargain 250k and will be a top centre back and hopefully play for us for years. Michael Keane is Wootton's Man Utd reserve centre back partner so with them and Brisley there will be competition for places. Davide Petrucci (scored his first professional goal against Leicester recently with a 20 yard top corner volley), ideal replacement for McCann and only 20 years old. Anthony Wordsworth is my replacement for George Boyd, dont even think 1 million was too excesive, hes 23, good stats and will work well in midfield.
Harry Bunn is a 17 yr old striker from Man City and Ben Sayer is 18 and was on a free transfer after being with the Geordies. Both worth sending out on loan for a few seasons. Pepe Diaz is 32, and was offered to me from Cordoba, he is a striker and now with my shortage of strikers, will provide more competition with Ty and Tomlin.

August - Lets get started!

Tue, 14.8.201219:45GillinghamH2-0Capital One Cup 1st Rnd
Sat, 18.8.201215:00BlackburnH1-1npower Championship
Tue, 21.8.201219:45MillwallA1-1npower Championship
Sat, 25.8.201215:00LeedsH3-1npower Championship
Tue, 28.8.201219:45BoltonH1-2 eCapital One Cup 2nd Rnd

A cracking month really and we sit 9th in the table after 3 games. Wordsworth scored on his debut against Gillingham and an own goal gave us the victory. Out of the 6 league goals Tyrone Barnett has scored..... 6. I expected 1/2 points from these 3 games so to get 5 was an achievement. Bolton were lucky to beat us with David Ngog scoring in the 115th minute.

Player of the month for Peterborough - Barnett
Exceptional form, 6 goals in 4 appearances.

Wootton has played well and Keane has started a couple of games too. Pepe Diaz has now signed and he will probably be partnering Barnett in September.

Haha yeah, got to keep these traditions going!

September 2012

Sat, 1.9.201215:00BrightonH1-2npower Championship
Barnett 28
Sat, 15.9.201215:00HullA1-2npower Championship
Diaz 80
Tue, 18.9.201219:45DerbyA1-1npower Championship
Brisley 87
Sat, 22.9.201215:00Nottm ForestH2-1npower Championship
Bostwick 28, Barnett 90
Sat, 29.9.201215:00Bristol CityA2-1npower Championship
Wootton 2, Diaz 28

A good month really, a slow start following the capital one cup exit and morale was low. Barnett's dramatic late winner over rivals Forest was superb and hislink up play with new boy Diaz is working. 22 year old Portuguese left back Ruben Rima has joined on a free and will be registered soon hopefully.

No injury concerns either and the team are sitting in 11th place, 1 point off the play offs and more importantly 7 clear of relegation.

Player of the month - Scott Wootton. Made some impressive centre back performances and also as DM.

PS this is my first thread is here so any comments or advice would be appreciated.

This looks good, could be doing with more screenshots though :)

Well after the news today, I may have done the right thing selling Boydy.

Due to a lack of internet I have been unable to update the story recently. Its 28th February 2012 (In FM Land) and we are sitting in the Play Offs. Barnett has upped his tally following a slack December and January and Wootton and especially Keane have been outstanding. Michael Keane got Young Player of the Month for October and November in his first professional season!!! Pepe Diaz is up to 12 for the season, whilst Saido Berahino came in in January and has been utter wank so far!

I hope we dont get promoted as we will get our arses kicked next season, but I cant sign anyone yet as have no transfer budget and am unsure what type of players I will need for next year

Here is the League:

View attachment 313127