Vacant Jobs not being filled - New Managers not getting Hired

Jayesh

Reaction score
I was in the middle of a save and yesterday patch updated to 13.3.3 and as far as I know the save, before the update, was working normally, with managers getting fired and new ones replacing them at regular intervals. However, after the patch I noticed that while vacancies were coming up, but they were not being filled up. Consequently in the save even after nearly 7 months of first noticing this, nearly 20 - 30 teams are without a Head Coach. What is worse, is I applied to some jobs and while they all acknowledged the application they all said that no development in this regard is likely for a while, in other words even the teams tell me they are in no mood to hire. I first noticed this in Jan and now I am in September and the vacancies that opened up in Jan are still open. I know because I noticed this as I applied to a job in Jan and the status of those jobs is still "applied". So I know that they were never filled, even after 7 months !!

As I said, after a while it became obvious that no vacancy is being filled, and 20-30 teams have no head coaches. Needless to say the save is ruined.

Is there any way to fix this? Also why did this happen? Is it like a bug or something in the new patch, or just happened cos the save was started with patch 13.3.2 and after a while it patched to 13.3.3 midway. I was going to start a new save, but thought of asking if anyone had experienced something similar or has any suggestions to offer, so I don't ruin the new save I start.

I had this happen on a journeyman save and i put it down to having added/removed leagues at the end of the season as most of the unfilled jobs were in a league i had removed but maybe it is an actual bug.

I had this happen on a journeyman save and i put it down to having added/removed leagues at the end of the season as most of the unfilled jobs were in a league i had removed but maybe it is an actual bug.

Yeah even I think its a bug. I posted this on the Sports Interactive Forums yesterday l, but have yet to receive a response. If its a bug, it needs to be resolved, I mean they cannot just leave it as it is, as we know that there are no more patches in the pipeline. So this needs to be looked into.

Yeah even I think its a bug. I posted this on the Sports Interactive Forums yesterday l, but have yet to receive a response. If its a bug, it needs to be resolved, I mean they cannot just leave it as it is, it would make no save playable. As far as we know there are no more patches in the pipeline. So this needs to be looked into.

I noticed this as well mate!

http://www.fm-base.co.uk/forum/football-manager-2013-discussion/116145-international-management.html

this also applied to club teams but was not worried about that as I was a the manager of a club!

it does seem buggy to me as well!

Yeah lets bring this to the notice of the developers. If it is indeed a bug, and I think it is, I would make saves unplayable after a while. I mean you may end up (eventually) as the ONLY manager in the world. While its funny, it would make the save unplayable.

Mike and Dunc work closely with SI, any thoughts guys?