Vampire; The Masquerade- Bloodlines

Cheers dude, looks like i was over thinking it all!

Grrrr - Set up could not detect the current bloodlines blah blah blah

Cheers dude, looks like i was over thinking it all!

Grrrr - Set up could not detect the current bloodlines blah blah blah

Have you checked out the installer guide for the patch? It could be you need put it in a specific folder, though I doubt it.

Think I'll wait a bit before getting this. Sounds like there's problems with the game

...Didn't you download it through steam? Then the patch should be installed already.

I did but if thats the case then doors should be open-able lol

Edit - after 3 reload attempts the icon now comes up and the door opens! ODD!

(Game seems like my kind of thing though :) )

Last edited:

The characters are pretty awesome as well, Therese Voerman is a fantastic character. See if you can spot Caine too;)

Think I'll wait a bit before getting this. Sounds like there's problems with the game

It was never fully patched, has a very strong unofficial support though, even now it still being patched

It was never fully patched, has a very strong unofficial support though, even now it still being patched

Yeah I read they went bankrupt before it could be fully sorted. I really do want to try this game, because of the price and from hearing how good it is. But I'm just waiting for the green light-hear that it works fine with the patch updates. Been caught out with a couple of games I've got, and even with patch updates, they wouldn't work and crashed half way through, or had a glitch that wouldn't let me finish the game. Like Star Wars Empire at War. Has a glitch in some battles that if you use the Death Star on certain planets, the game simply crashes. And there's still no fix for it

Yeah I read they went bankrupt before it could be fully sorted. I really do want to try this game, because of the price and from hearing how good it is. But I'm just waiting for the green light-hear that it works fine with the patch updates. Been caught out with a couple of games I've got, and even with patch updates, they wouldn't work and crashed half way through, or had a glitch that wouldn't let me finish the game. Like Star Wars Empire at War. Has a glitch in some battles that if you use the Death Star on certain planets, the game simply crashes. And there's still no fix for it

Well, it won't get much better than it currently is. It's fully playable these days - I've never had any problems.

Well, it won't get much better than it currently is. It's fully playable these days - I've never had any problems.

Fair enough. Will start downloading after going to shop. I've been convinced :)

i've been following the thread and have just started downloading the game, it looks fairly awesome! cheers for the heads up :)

The characters are pretty awesome as well, Therese Voerman is a fantastic character. See if you can spot Caine too;)

That guy that does the tutorials voice is Bender off futurama lol. Its almost the same voive as that fat trucker type guy off there!

use the link i gave you, and install to here C:\Program Files\Steam\steamapps\common\vampire the masquerade - bloodlines