Van Der Sar quits United at the end of the season

filipe_18

Reaction score
According to Alex Ferguson, Van der Sar will make his last season at Manchester United.
Quoting Alex Ferguson: 'We are planning for this being his last season,’ said Ferguson. ‘We have not discussed (a coaching role). But Edwin is a player who would be of interest in terms of his knowledge and standing in the game.’

Alex Ferguson says that Van der Sar would be well suited to taking a coaching role at United after hanging up his gloves, but the Holland legend may prefer to return home.

Source: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/fo...ted-end-season-insists-Sir-Alex-Ferguson.html

This isn't confirmed. He just thinks that VDS will retire at the end of the season.

I think he will too, but would be delighted if he stayed for just one more year, to help Lindegaard settle in fully and help him out.

hope he goes one more year.:)
we need more time to get his replacement:O

It would be as everyone has been expecting. He would make a great coach imo but unless I'm very much mistaken his wife has been very ill so he might want to just spend time with her.

Lindegaard I assume will be his replacement. We signed him for a reason...

the legendary keeper will be retire?come on man utd buy some good keeper

Although Lindegaard has been signed I think he may be a replacement for PIG and I imagine man utd will buy Manuel Neuer as VDS direct replacement considering Neuer doesn't want to join Bayern who are the other club after him. Anyway SAF said this ages ago and it has been known for some time but hasn't been confirmed. Fantastic goalkeeper and we should have signed him earlier in his career as he has helped win trophies :)

Last edited:
Although Lindegaard has been signed I think he may be a replacement for PIG and I imagine man utd will buy Manuel Neuer as VDS direct replacement considering Neuer doesn't want to join Bayern who are the other club after him. Anyway SAF :)

Agree totally. I could see Neuer at United in August, As you said he isn't keen on a move to Bayern and United may come in with an offer he couldn't refuse.

Think everyone pretty much assumed this was going to happen.

No reflexes last forever. 40 is the extreme cut-off point for goalkeepers in the Premier League.

United are looking for a reserve team coach I'm sure he's got his coaching qualifications by now.

Would be nice to see him take up a Coaching role when he's finished. Maybe take a year off to spend with his family first though.

Massive loss, he is a keeper that will win Utd 5-10 points a season.

For the sake of football I hope he becomes a coach as it would be a real shame if he fully retires from the game

unless I'm very much mistaken his wife has been very ill so he might want to just spend time with her.
That's it.
His wife has been ill and I think he already said he want time after retirement to spend with her.