Van der Vaart and Sneijder Twitter battle

• Thread starter Thread starter sunilvk7
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 50
  • Views Views 3K

sunilvk7

SAF greatest ever.
Reaction score
Tottenham's Rafael van der Vaart and Inter Milan's Wesley Sneijder have already started their Champions League battle: off the pitch on Twitter.

The pair have used Twitter for their pre-match banter.

The two Dutchman, who are good friends and began their careers together at Ajax, have begun the banter with some amusing exchanges on the site, ahead of their clash at White Hart Lane on Tuesday.

Sneijder kicked off the battle with a message for Van der Vaart, who missed the first match through suspension, saying: "I'm cleaning the Champions League trophy with a Tottenham shirt." But Van der Vaart replied: "Thanks for cleaning it up for me. I'm already creating space in my cup cabinet."

Sneijder has since upped the ante, claiming: "We're gonna [sic] give you a football lesson in London." But Van der Vaart retorted: "I met your defence in Milan, it didn't look good. It was like cheese with holes in it."

Inter scored four goals in the first match and Sneijder used that fact for the next barb, joking: "I found a good goalkeeper on eBay. Shall I send you the link?" But Van der Vaart replied: "We don't need him, you won't come into our penalty area!"

Sneijder also mocked English football claiming it is all about power and athleticism not skill and technique and took the mickey out of Van der Vaart's goal from a few inches out against Everton.

He said: "In that country football is a game where you have to run as hard as you can from the one end of the pitch to the other, isn't it?... Nice goal, but even my six year old cousin would have scored this one."

And Van der Vaart responded: "These goals also count but at White Hart Lane against you guys I will score from every angle."

Van der Vaart and Sneijder begin Twitter battle - UEFA Champions League - ESPN Soccernet

Very good reply from VDV.
biggrin.gif
I like these kind of banters.

Sneijder kicked off the battle with a message for Van der Vaart, who missed the first match through suspension, saying: "I'm cleaning the Champions League trophy with a Tottenham shirt." But Van der Vaart replied: "Thanks for cleaning it up for me. I'm already creating space in my cup cabinet."

Immature comments... *sigh* When will footballers grow up?

His first comeback was awesome :D

Sneijder got pwned.

@ILol-ed - Come on, it is just a bit of friendly banter oO)

glad to see guys can take it without losing their tempers, if you give ****, expect to take it!

good stuff, definately doing it on purpose as well to create more of a hype about the game

Immature comments... *sigh* When will footballers grow up?
your user name is ILol-ed yet you seem incapable of having a laugh... You should ask Admin to change your name to Ima-Bore

My son typed it in, not me. I didn't know that I could actually contact admins to switch names. But honestly, if they're such good friends, they should avoid this stuff.

My son typed it in, not me. I didn't know that I could actually contact admins to switch names. But honestly, if they're such good friends, they should avoid this stuff.
Lol your son? It would be more believeable if you said your Grandad typed it in. Why should they avoid it??? I have this kind of banter with my friends every minute of the day...

I'd probably do the same thing, so it's amusing to see.

I like the first comment on how Sneijder got owned by Van Der Vaart

Absolutely loved the "i have found a good goalkeeper on ebay shall i send you the link" haha ******* classic.

"I'm cleaning the Champions League trophy with a Tottenham shirt." But Van der Vaart replied: "Thanks for cleaning it up for me. I'm already creating space in my cup cabinet."

Booom!

banter between a couple of mates. classic :D

God, grow up, jeez..!

:) That was quite good. Let's hope they come to blows on the pitch, then see who wins ;)

Back