Vanarama North/South and Vanarama National

Reaction score
Can anyone recommend a tactic that is effective in these divisions, being that this is where i spend most of my career!

[h=3]TRIBUTE TO FERENC PUSKAS was brilliant for me in lower leagues, got back to back promotions with Dulwich from isthmian league before i took the MK Dons job[/h]

I believe the following in general but especially with lower league management - you HAVE to make your own tactic to suit your team and players. Try and keep things as basic as you can tactics and instructions wise. Focussing mainly on player instructions to mould the style of play.

This was from a few months back copied from Puskas thread in the Vanarama south..i'm using VI now in the prem and its very good.

My first full season using Pukas.I started with I.II up until the Bath game i lost 3-1 and changed to IV from then on as my striker was playing awful and despite picking up results looked a bit dodgy.
Low lights the last 3 matches i got spanked,clinched promotion away at Wealdstone and actually turned the game of in anger against Maiadenhead as i was losing 7-1 with best team out, ended up losing it 3-0 when loaded it again once id calmed down and told my self its only a game!!

Puskas Tactics

(Been on holiday first post since return) That's interesting psvpingu! Since taking over at Aldershot in Vanarama National in February I adopted the V1 tactic from the get go, played Boreham Wood (h) in the first league game, drew 0-0, then Guiseley (a) in FA Trophy 3rd Rnd drew 1-1 (Guiseley are in Vanarama North), beat them 2-0 (h) in the replay, then played Dover (h) in the league won 4-1 and I thought here we go! then played Cheltenham (a) in the league lost 2-1, just a hic-up i thought, then I played Boreham Wood again in FA Trophy 4th Rnd (a) 3-1 up at half-time and comfortable, lost 6-3! Now I'm concerned, just sat down for first game since my return from holiday. Wish me luck.