Vanden Borred with my defence!!

Boozad

Whiney ***** with Sissy Girl Sperm
Reaction score
Ok this is a gripe, not a cry for help!!! I got Wolves promoted to the Premier, and in my first season finished second (no I didnt cheat!!). Anyway, my problem is my defence. My back line is:

LB - Lee Naylor
CB - Joleon Lescott
CB - Calum Cavenport
RB - Billy Jones

Its not a bad back four, but not brilliant either!! My reserve CBs are Rodrigo Defendi and Du Wei, neither of who can cut it in the Prem. After finishing second i highlighted my CBs as the main area to strengthen, following the £3.5m purchase of Thomas Sivok. I bid for Anthony Vanden Borre which was accepted, but the ****** turned me down!!! Im offering Champs League football and a key player role, but he thinks Anderlecht is a better place to be!!
Now i know Wolves dont have the pulling power of Man Utd or Arsenal or Chelsea, but Ive already managed to sign Cavenaghi in my first season in the top flight, Sivok in my second, and Emerson is making waves after coming second by 1 goal to Nistelrooy in the top scorers, so my teams not that bad!!!
Also, none of my offers for any other good CB will be accepted (I have £7.2m to spend).
So like i say, this is just somewhere to get it off my chest that Vanden Borre is a ******!!!!
Thanks for your time!!!:D

Love the thread title, I know what you mean though i 2 have had this problem.With Kilmarnock i finished 3rd my first season scoring 97 goals but conceding 68 :S however i cannot attract decent defenders either. Only thing you can do id try and win some trphy's and boost your rep also haha Dui Wei is ****.

also haha Dui Wei is ****.

Dont i ****** know it!! Hahaha. Ive managed to sign Anton Ferdinand who, at 21, looks like he'll mature into a great CB. Knocked me back £7m tho! You'd have thought West Ham would have still been rolling in cash after flogging Ferdinand, Cole, Lampard, Johnson etc.
Tight bastards!
Also in the warm-up to my 2nd season in the Prem, I was offered the England job, which I thought was completely stupid as Ive won nothing except for the Championship, and luckily finished 2nd in the Prem.
Still took it tho. Hahaha.

I don't like taking International jobs realy, In one save I managed Czech Republic and did very well and then went on to manage Portugal 3 times and resigned 3 times. There isn't enough keep me entertained as an International manager.

If I ever get offered the England job in my new Derby save i'd take it but any other nation i'll reject, If I get Derby in the premiership next season I'll have the same trouble as you had, no one will sign for me and i'll have next to no money either (curse the £40m debt). Relegation :(

Its annoying no-one wanting to sign. I took the England job but am still in charge of Wolves. Like you say the international scene on its own is way too boring. In fact Ive managed England before in FM05, and it ****** me off to be honest, distracting me from my league job.

I hate the fact that although I am Juve I'm still gettin turned down by a fair few players for example was turned by both John Heitinga and Wesley Sneijder even though they were still at Ajax!!

And also Evandro Roncatto and Fernando Genro won't sign either, doesn't matter how much I offer them, what bonuses I giv them or what status I giv them they just will not sign!!! Really Annoyin!!

I signed van den Borre for Celtic in 2013 :D

Craven,i also had trouble managing Portugal! theyre plop

boozad said:
Its annoying no-one wanting to sign. I took the England job but am still in charge of Wolves. Like you say the international scene on its own is way too boring. In fact Ive managed England before in FM05, and it ****** me off to be honest, distracting me from my league job.

In my Man U game I was offered the England job and did both for one season but also got irritated by doing both. Seeing as how it was World Cup year(2010) and I had just won the Treble for the second sucsessive season I resigned from Man U. That one season of international management almost drove me mad. I was going on holiday between International games, so I resigned after winning the World Cup (beat Brazil 2-0 in the final :D). Four days later the FA asked me to reconsider as they could not find a better candidate :cool:

Heitinga never has trouble moving but i've never seen Sneijder move to anyone other than Real Madrid, I think he's like Bastian Schweinsteiger and loyal to his favourite club.

Heitinga never has trouble moving but i've never seen Sneijder move to anyone other than Real Madrid, I think he's like Bastian Schweinsteiger and loyal to his favourite club.

Ive noticed the same about Sneijder, although Ive never tried to sign him. But Schweinsteiger is just impossible to sign. Spose it adds a bit more realism to the game....

I had trouble signing Ballack. No matter how much I offered him he just wouldn't sign and ended up signing a new deal a Bayern for about £30k a week less than I offered.

Sneijder signs for Real yeh but i think him and Bastian both come under the "young players not leaving their clubs as easy" or something.

Adailton from a french club which i cant remember rite now is quite good
Faty from the same club is alrite.

I Managed to sign Sneijder with Man Utd the other day, Ajax only wanted £8m and I had to pay him more than I should of but he's class and in my opinion well worth it. Still can't get Bastian though

sherry said:
I hate the fact that although I am Juve I'm still gettin turned down by a fair few players for example was turned by both John Heitinga and Wesley Sneijder even though they were still at Ajax!!

And also Evandro Roncatto and Fernando Genro won't sign either, doesn't matter how much I offer them, what bonuses I giv them or what status I giv them they just will not sign!!! Really Annoyin!!

I got turned down by Sneijder too, as Arsenal manager, despite having won the Prem 3 times in a row and the CL twice in a row. First he wanted more than £130K a week (!!) then after I sold a few players to get some money (I was going to do this even if he accepted at first), he refused because he was loyal to Ajax! If he was that loyal, he'd not have considered the first contract. Needless to say, I've nicknamed him 'Greedy *******'.

try faty from rennes(if not mistaken) ..a useful defender for which cost around 5.5 - 6m euro :)

another good defender

Found a guy called Younes Kaboul who plays in France. His stats are pretty good but I didn't end up buying him as I already had a decent defence.