Reaction score
Just when I thought I had fallen out of love with fm ( was getting bored with going big teams with WAY too much money , the internet on my i-phone got fixed. so i came on this site and was looking through the forums and accidently touched on lower league management (LLM) but i decided i would just have a look anyway. I ended up reading about nursemorph's eastboure boro season and was inspired to start my own. So I loaded up England + Scotland ( BS N/S + 3rd Div. respectively ) with additional players from Scotland, Enlgand, Ireland ( not sure why ) and, based on reccomendations on this site, Reunion.

Vauxhall Motors enter new era 8th of July 2008

Chris Mclaughlin spearheads clubs revival

Vauxhall Motors announced today that 33 year old Scottish manager Chris Mclaughlin has been appointed after the resignation of Carl MacAuley.
Mclaughlin said, "It is a pleasure to be given the chance to start off my managerial career here. I look forward to many happy and succesful years here. Reports suggest that the new gaffer wants his team to reach the Champions League between 2030 - 2040, but - in a typical manger fashion - he merely commented, " I would love to manage at that kind of level, even more so with with the whites, but at the moment I'm only concentrating on pre-season and from then we'll just be taking things each game at a time."

Got Cruzon Anston or something as feeder club but no takers for parnet club Pre-Season was Indifferent. Results were as follows:
A Thurrock lost 7-1
H Besa (albanian) lost 3-0
H Tranmere lost 4-1
H Barwell won 4-0 :D
Wasn't too dissapointed with Besa and Tranmere games, delighted with performance against barwell but Thurrock was a disaster. We went 1-0 up through an own goal on 20 something minutes (que me runninng and jumping about in delight before banging head off door lol bt very sore :p ) , then they scored a slightly deserved equaliser on the edge of half-time. All was well. Told team they could win and make a straight sub Thomas Caroll on for Thomas Rooney ( Both strikers ). Then they score 3 flukes, a penalty and 2 headers. ( Que me punching door in anger lol but again, very sore :p)

Transfers In ( Al for free )

Zlatko Yankov ( LLM legend and was reccomended )
Joe Robbins ( very promising young keeper )
David Bingham ( saw someone else had signed him )
Samuel Leveneur ( reunionese )
John Healy
Gioavanni Fetissoi
Colin Baker
Lorcan Fitzgerald
Tony McKeever
Lee Boyle
Craig Sutton ( Man of the match on Trial Day )
Colin Marshall
Joseba Barandiaran ( To add some flair and technique )
Alban Hysa ( Player/Coach )
Aaron Moroney
Craig Connell
Maurice Dunne
Robbie Ryan
Michael Daly
Ciaran Quinn

Transfers Out ( All were dead wood and left on frees )

Ryan Fisher
Lee Crowther
Antony Wilkinson
James Coates
John Davies
Keiran Grant
Nicky McKay
Saul Otobo
Craig Mead
Lee Owens
James Pearson
Colin Davison
John Knight
Jim Orr
Chris Street
Allan Osborne
Lee Furlong
Carl Noon
Rio Nelson
Chris Noone
Jordan Holmes
James Holden
Anthony McDowell
Thomas Caroll
Tommy Hannigan
Nick Robinson

and a loan out to my feeder team - thomas rooney

My starting squad was made up mostly of **** diddys so thats why I have had to make so many transfers.

Started off ( im in bsn btw ) results are in league unless stated

Stalybridge 1-1 VMFC ( us )
VMFC 1-0 Kings Lynn
Workington 1-1 VMFC
VMFC 0-2 Alfreton
Hinckley 2-3 VMFC

Got Hinckley next in Conference Cup 1st Round. Screenshots will be uploaded asap

Thanks for reading i will continue to update throughout the season. Advice , of any sort, is more than welcome

Last edited:
Update

Got to the Fa Cup 1st round proper after beating Droylsden ( BSN ), 2-1 Fleetwood ( BSN ) 2-0 and Altrincham ( BSP ) 2-1. Was very pleased with this run and brought in a lot of money as all of these games were at home, but was beaten 3-1 by Stockport. Currently 22nd of November 2008 and sitting 14th in BSN with 20 points, 13 off 1st and 11 of bottom. Beat Gateshead in 4-3 thriller at home ( Assistant manager came on to score the winner with about 2 minutes left!! :D (see screenshot) )
Results ( In BSN unless stated ) :
( Conference Cup 1st Round) Hinckley 2-0 VMFC
VMFC 2-3 Hyde
VMFC 2-0 Farsley
Stafford 2-0 VMFC
( FA Cup 2nd Qual. ) VMFC 2-0 Droylsden
Tamworth 3-2 VMFC
VMFC 3-0 Hucknall
( FA Cup 3rd Qual. ) VMFC 2-0 Fleetwood
Blyth 0-0 Vauxhall
VMFC 0-1 Droylsden
( FA Cup 4th Qual. ) VMFC 2-1 Altrincham
VMFC 1-1 Solihull Moors
Redditch 0-0 VMFC
( FA Cup 1st Round ) VMFC 1-3 Stockport County
VMFC 4-3 Gateshead

Sorry I haven't updated for a while. Couldn't get on site and also wasn't sure how to upload screenshots

just a quick update for anyone bothered. Into December now, drew 0-0 with AFC Telford who are bottom of the league but still a good side though i could have won. Got into FA Trophy 1st Round vs. Oxford after beating Basingstoke at home at the fortress that is Rivacre Park after drawing 1-1 at their place.
screenshots of Board Confidence and League Progression:

Good work mate, I'm gonna have a go with Bognor Regis when I am fully proficient!

Its good to see all of my hard work with my thread has inspired someone :$ Thanks for the acknowledgement. You are doing pretty well considering how many players have come in and also left the club. I don't think you need much advice there. The team should get stronger as the season progresses. But, of course, always keep checking the player search screen and also world transfers for better players. Keep on going and good luck

thanks for the encouragement but nursemorph, what are you doing?!!?? you cant take a break! make EASTBOURNE a big club!!

Again, any advice, of any sort, is much appreciated and if anyone has any ideas better/more interesting, please let me know.

Thanks again, chris :D

thanks for the encouragement but nursemorph, what are you doing?!!?? you cant take a break! make EASTBOURNE a big club!!

Again, any advice, of any sort, is much appreciated and if anyone has any ideas better/more interesting, please let me know.

Thanks again, chris :D

I need a break. I have spent so many seasons struggling to make ends meet and not being able to spend money on players that I wanted to remember what it was like to be able to pay cash for players so I started a dreaded Man City game (Boo Hiss!!!!).

The main advice I would give is to keep an eye out for young players who have potential to become good and then play them, even if it means sacrificing slightly in terms of results. You will reap the benefits in the long term. Just look at my keeper McGowan......he has been the first choice for years even at the age of 21 and is now of Premiership quality.

Time For Another Update !! December 2009

Ok, so I'm now just about to start January after a good December. I am on a 7 league game unbeaten run but the only thing is I'm not scoring as many goals as I used to be and I can't seem to kill off teams.

Signed a few youngsters ( some are regens ) on frees after realising that I had no under 18's:

Evans Kouassi ( 17, AMR )
Craig Condron ( 18, DC )
Jordan Quinn ( 16, DR )
Darragh Tuffy ( 18, DC )
Declan Rogers ( 17, AML )
Mark Power ( 17, DC ) - Assistant thinks he should play in 1st team but I have quite a few defenders so I've put him up to reserves and will see how he goes -
Daniel Tobin ( 18, DR/WBR )
Brad Caan ( 18, MC )
Matthew Smith ( 18, MC/FC )
Aaron Fehmi ( 19, DL/WBL/ML )

David Bingham has only scored 1 goal and he was my 2nd signing so he left on free. Had to as fans were unhappy with his performances and with all these youngsters coming in I went £5 p/w over my wage budget. Also leaving was 31 year old Irish DL Robbie Ryan as Darren Barnard ( also my assistant ) and Brice Clairenteau are much better and I'm trying to secure a 20 year old Reunionese left back. I have a slight shortage at RB so I will put Clairenteau, Barnard and the Reunionese one ( can't remember his name! :p ) to train to also play RB instead of having to bring in another player.

West Brom have just sacked their manager Tony Mowbray and I am THE favourite to get the job but I released a press statement saying I wasn't at all interested. Come On the Motormen 100% !!! :p

Results: as per, in league ( BSN ) unless stated

Burscough 1-1 VMFC
VMFC 2-2 Southport
( F.A. Trophy 1st Round ) VMFC 0-2 Oxford ( Was 0-0 at half-time then I changed it and we sort of fell apart. Somehow I hardly had any chances despite going for it from the start with a 4-3-3. I always get solid/our ability team at home in the cups!! Never a side from below BSN/BSS! :mad: In 7 cup games ( not including 1 replay ) I've played 4 BSN teams, 1 BSS team, a BSP team and a L1 team - very frustrating )
VMFC 1-1 Fleetwood
Harrogate 3-3 VMFC - Soooooo annoyed with this. Went 1-0 down on 21 mins and then equalised on 37 and took the lead on 45 ( +1 ). Thought I had sealed win on 58 with 3rd goal but then they scored 2 screamers on 78 and 85 to kill me and my team.

Next up is Gainsborough at home in the BSN. They are Currently 17th, 2 points behind us with 23 points ( we have 25 ). Its very tight as only 8 points separate 8th from 18th. They were predicted to finish 14th and we were predicted to finish 22nd but we are 13th so that counts for nothing. A win would be great and could see us jump a few places. Defeat, however, would not be so tantalizing. :p

thanks again, chris :D

Last edited:
well done chris. hope you get further up the league, i recommend a french striker called Florent Osswald who has scored 3 goals in 3 games for my vauxhall motors. top of the league (H) we will be bragging to everyone in school tomorrow.

ok thanks ryan I will look into it but i already have a few strikers so I might need to let a couple go to bring him in. Have you bought/sold any players for money or have all your transfers been for free?

all of my transfers have been free transfers. i didnt get any transfer money but i am £1.58k over my wage budget and £15k in debt :p

all of my transfers have been free transfers. i didnt get any transfer money but i am £1.58k over my wage budget and £15k in debt :p

oooohh not good. Go to your squad, and change the filter to show all players and hiding none. Then go to view > assistant recommendation and release all those who have 2 stars or less. great way to save money m8. :D

I released like 20 players at the start of the season :p I'm now £33k in debt.

Last edited:
I am on a 7 league game unbeaten run but the only thing is I'm not scoring as many goals as I used to be and I can't seem to kill off teams.
I always get solid/our ability team at home in the cups!! Never a side from below BSN/BSS! :mad: In 7 cup games ( not including 1 replay ) I've played 4 BSN teams, 1 BSS team, a BSP team and a L1 team - very frustrating )
thanks again, chris :D

I had the same thing...suddenly not scoring goals and not winning games. I wouldn't change the tactics if I was you. You are unbeaten and if you change it could mean you lose games instead of drawing them and those single points could be vital come the end of the season.

You're lucky to get teams at home. Probably about 80% of my Cup matches are away games against superior opposition. Having said that, it makes a result much more satisfying.

thanks, nursemorph will stick with the current tactics. Ryan McG, also on this site, is top of his league with vauxhall first season. will update in about 30 minutes when i have played some more games.

good luck 2 u m8
i would just get bored trying 2 sign **** people who are actually good 4 vauxhall motors and having no money

but keep it up :)

Financial Crisis!

Oh dear oh dear oh dear. Disaster. Credit Crunch. I have just realised that the club is 500k in debt. If anyone has any suggestions how to change this then please leave a post. I was thinking: Arranging a lot of friendlies at home against big teams, not releasing or sacking anyone new and not including signing on fees.

and RyanMcG: not funny and very arrogant. we'll see

about 2 in game weeks after i posted this the board provided a cash injection of £100k to help with the clubs running costs.

Last edited:
try and create league friendlies withthe big club...im doin the same with newport county in feb top of the table and unbeaten in the league, also havent restarted any games cos of bad results hopefully i can go up a divison.

Financial and Sporting Update :)

try and create league friendlies withthe big club...im doin the same with newport county in feb top of the table and unbeaten in the league, also havent restarted any games cos of bad results hopefully i can go up a divison.

yeah ok. I haven't restarted any games and I'm very proud as I sometimes cheat when I'm with bigger teams and I don't get a result.

Financially

I got Everton as my feeder club and they are paying 12k per year so things are improving bit by bit. 19 year old RB John Irving and 17 year old CM Hope Akpan have both joined us on loan for 3 months because I have already made the maximum number of long-term loans this season. Unfortunately, I also had Tranmere as a parent club but that contract had to be terminated to secure the Everton one.

I have made a few more transfers as you can see in the screenshots. Brought in 30 year old Irish striker Anto Rielly, who scored on his debut but it was given as an o.g. Also released a few but the screenshots will show all.

Sporting

Results:

VMFC 2-0 Gainsborough Trinity ( Quinn, O.G. )
VMFC 3-2 Stalybridge Celtic ( Connell, Curran, Dunne )
Was 2-0 up at half-time, so pleased but angry with last minute win thanks to Craig Connell goal.
King's Lynn 0-1 VMFC ( Clairenteau )
Even game, last minute penalty was delighting. :D
VMFC 3-0 Workington

I am now 8th with 37 points, 18 points off top, 3 away from play-offs, 15 off relegation zone and 22 off the bottom. It's very tight near the play-off spots as the screenshots show.

Thanks for the advice about sticking with my tactics nursemorph, I've hit form as the results show! :D

P.s. I have loaded screenshot of SPL. Rangers are doing well eh? :p :D lol!

Last edited:
Update : 27/1 - 28/2

13 game unbeaten run in the league ended at home to my bogey team hinckley with an undeserved 1-0 defeat. I hit the post twice and missed an open goal. By that time I knew it was just going to be one of those days. At one point I was 5th in the tble but as its so tight the Hinckley defeat and a couple of draws has seen me slip down to 8th.

Results

Hyde 0-1 VMFC ( Cosgrave )
Alfreton 2-3 VMFC ( Leveneur, Idiakez [2] )
Was 2-0 up at half-time and team went to sleep. Last minute Idiakez penalty rescues 3 points after dire 2nd half display.

VMFC 0-1 Hinckley
Nooooooooooo

VMFC 3-0 Tamworth ( Robert, Rielly, Idiakez )
Excellent result to bounce back after the Hinckley defeat. Shows that we can cope with the better teams in this division and hopefully push for a play-off spot!

Farsley 1-0 VMFC
We were unlucky here and this result pushes us out of play-offs with them replacing us.

VMFC 0-0 Stafford
Strikers, especially Samuel Leveneur, have not been setting the world alight recently.

Finances have improved slightly now, only 450k in debt! :D

hopefully we will get back to winning ways and up the league table again into the play-offs!