2008-2009 Season + 2009-2010 pre-Season over!

I couldn't get on the site for a few days there so I managed to finish the season. I came in 6th place, 2 points outside the play-offs. When I looked at my last 6 games before I played them, I figured I'd be happy if we finished on 64 points. But the lads fought well and we managed to get 68. :) Harrogate won the league with 86 points and Gateshead, who finished 2nd with 84, won the play-offs. Lee Novak ( Gateshead ) won divisional player of the year. The board were very pleased with our season and offered me a 2 year extension to my contract, which I was delighted to accept. The bookies say that Southport and ourselves are joint favourites to be promoted, the board want a safe, mid-table finish and our media prediction is 13th, so not too sure what to hope for/expect. Added a few players ( See screenshots ) but am hoping to stave well off last years transfers merry-go-round. 49 players in and 53 players out! Hope these players will help us get a good finish in the play-off spots.

Pre-season results: ( all at home to get some money in. It worked as there were 2200 + people at the games against Brighton, Barnsley, Everton and Ipswich

VMFC 3-0 VMFC Reserves
VMFC 2-5 Barnsley
VMFC 0-3 Everton
VMFC 1-0 Brighton
VMFC 3-0 Thurrock
VMFC 0-4 Ipswich

Hey Chris, take a look at 'Gael Payet' from Reunion. A solid centre-half ;)

I have 5 games left and I am 4 points clear at the top and won the Conference League Cup 1-0 against Torquay.

Hey Chris, take a look at 'Gael Payet' from Reunion. A solid centre-half ;)

I have 5 games left and I am 4 points clear at the top and won the Conference League Cup 1-0 against Torquay.

ok will do. thanks ryan :D

i choked :(

my last 3 games were p3 w1 d1 l1 and i finished 2nd and lost in the playoff semi final :(:(

End of Season Summary

unlucky ryan about your season's ending but you will win the league next year.

forgot to do this so will do it now

Vauxhall Motors Football Club 2008/2009 End of Season Award's Ceremony ( Held in the Tea Lady's Conservatory!!! lol :p )

Manager's Player of the Year: Samuel Leveneur - Reunionese frontmon, 5th signing I made and was vice-caption for the season. Chipped in with some vital goals when needed

Fan's Player of the Year: Ross Cosgrave - English right-winger, signed in December on a free and ripped up defences of nearly everyone we played, has scored in our pre-season friendlies against Brighton, Barnsley, Thurrock and Vauxhall Reserves.

Defensive Demolisher: Close one but Yankov is just edged by Gioavanni Fetissoi due to injuries and age and loss of form. Fetissoi - very calm, stable and determined. Just what you need as a BSN side predicted to be trounced 5-0 every other game and finish bottom.

Flying Full-Back: John Irving, on loan from Everton, got him again this season, very energetic, athletic with lots of agility, pace and stamina. One for the future. For Everton.

Midfield Maestro: Ignico Idiakez - Former Southampton midfielder brought stability, class, creativity and also a few goals to the team since signing in February.

Wing Wizard: Ross Cosgrave - ( see fan's player of the year award! )

Fox in the Box Frontman: Samuel Lenveneur - ( see manager's player of the year award! )

Dud of the Year: David Bingham - Saw he was signed by someone else who started a LLM thread and their team did quite well, but his first goal came in December. I was playing him as an AMC/FC !!! Shocking.

Young Prospect who Came in for A Couple of Games and Did Very Well, HopeFully He Can Make it Into Side in A Couple of Year's Award ( Long Winded you say? Bah! :p ) : Mark Power - Signed in January and played about 4 games around March to cover for Fetissoi. I think he will fulfill the potential listed in the award.

Good progress your making mate, well done.
Was going to do a non-league season but I don't know who to be.

Good progress your making mate, well done.
Was going to do a non-league season but I don't know who to be.

Try Vauxhall or Bognor Regis. Both ****, Both in debt, both in need of a great manager to steer them to the champions league. Unfortunately for the latter, I chose the former

---------- Post added at 07:05 PM ---------- Previous post was yesterday at 09:26 PM ----------

Started season today. Average start, P5 W2 D1 L2. I'm sitting 12th,a bit dissapointed. Just CANNOT beat Hinckley, they beat me 3-1. My team just did not turn up.
Results: ( all BSN )

VMFC 3-2 Boston Utd.
Hinkley 3-1 VMFC
VMFC 1-1 Worchester
Farsley 1-2 VMFC
Barrow 2-0 VMFC

sorry I haven't updated for a couple of weeks. Not really felt like playing with the mighty motormen. but I will update in a wee while. just a wee note to say that i WILL get back to it and i've not given up

hi mate - whats the name of the skin that you are using?

nd unlucky on your first season - so close to the playoffs!

unlucky end on missing out on the play-offs but you will win it next year...
i have just started a new game with Weston-super-Mare as i have got bored with my solihull moors game as i got in to league 1 then i got a takeover and the spark went out of the game.
i am hoping to go up through the play-offs this year and then get in the top 10 in the bsp.

nice story. Read over it and all seems well. Good luck next season!;)

Great first season!:) Are you using just a basic 442? Also, what are you using for training, just individual training which you made up?

How come on some of the players you bought on the first post i cant find?
Like the Joe Robbins + the guy who you said to add flair and technique and Craig sutton?

try and create league friendlies withthe big club...im doin the same with newport county in feb top of the table and unbeaten in the league, also havent restarted any games cos of bad results hopefully i can go up a divison.

How can you arrange friendlies?

Last edited:
Great first season!:) Are you using just a basic 442? Also, what are you using for training, just individual training which you made up?

How come on some of the players you bought on the first post i cant find?
Like the Joe Robbins + the guy who you said to add flair and technique and Craig sutton?

How can you arrange friendlies?

No, I made my own tactic, a 4-1-2-1-2 with wide counter-attacking, direct play and tall, strong and fast strikers.

Depends what leagues you loaded up and also additional players. I loaded up all the English + Scottish leagues and all Reunion players, maybe Joe Robbins is a regen but the other 2 are definitely real.

On the fixtures Screen, there is a tab just above the information on your next match or any match on which you have clicked the arrow. It says 'Arrange Friendly'.

Last edited:
On my finances screen my balace is 4.52k in red and profit of 6.07k in red so i geuss that means i in debt, how can i get out of this? Is the best way to sell players?

Unluky m8. You should win it next season.
Keep us posted.

nice one, keep on going! its worth it when you do it!

Thanks for all the support guys! Hope to get back to it as soon as but I'm really engrossed in my current game. ( See signature )