VERTICAL LIMIT - THE ALEX FERGUSON OLD MAN. UTD CONCEPT - 14.3

Lok1to

Reaction score
Hello people, after seeing in other thread some people wanting to test my new tactical project, i decided to share it now, as i dont believe i will make many changes to it, so if you use it, you can tweak it in order to get the most of your players ( of course if the original doesnt work for you).
This tactic was created based on the ideals of old Alex Ferguson 4-4-2, that was joy to see playing with fast paced play.

So here is the formation !!!

JgAFbiH.png

THE ROLES

Centre Backs - Tackling, Speed, Positioning and Technique
Full Backs - Tackling, Speed, Technique, Crossing
BWM - Speed, Positioning, Tackling and passing (I use Fellaini or Jones for the role, this is a very important role use a STRONG player for this one)
DLP - Speed, Positioning, Passing, Technique ( i use Carrick or Cleverley, but there are better player for this role, use the CM type, more balanced, not the AM type)
DW - Speed, Crossing, Technique, Passing ( the Valencia type, but Mata has been absolutely great in this role)

False 9 and DLF - Speedy forwards, not the Carrol type ( this is how it works for me, the 2 forwards roam from position, mixing the Central Defenders)

DEFENSE

• There are no individual marking in this tactic, but feel free to use it ( dont recommend)
  • Ask assist man to give OIs in every game, use your best ( i recommend Tassotti) Remember every time the AI makes subs or changes tactic, you must ask your assist man to give OIs)
  • If youre losing and being controlled, push up D-Line in team instructions ( you have nothing to lose and need to push up the pressure from your team)

TRAINING

Pre-Season

Click here to view the original image of 800x70px.
MDm0xTT.jpg

Season

Click here to view the original image of 800x74px.
6vkfuUb.jpg

WHEN SEASON STARTS, CHANGE TO SEASON TRAINING, BUT ONLY CHANGE THE "TEAM COHESION" IN MIDDLE OF SEASON AND ONLY, I REPEAT, ONLY WHEN YOU FEEL THAT YOUR TEAM IS ABSOLUTELY BLENDED.

PREFERED MOVES

PEOPLE THIS IS VERY IMPORTANTE PLEASE, FOCUS ON THIS, I KNOW SOME PEOPLE JUST WANT TO PLAY THE GAME, BUT YOU NEED TO GIVE SOME TIME TO THIS THINGS OR ELSE THIS IS NOT GOING TO WORK VERY WELL FOR YOU.

F9 AND DLF - Place shots in the corner, Prevent being caught in offside, tries one twos

Wingers
- Place shots in the corner, tries one twos, run with ball (DWL - Run with ball left and DWR - Run with ball right)

BWM - Tries one twos, come deep to get the ball, place shots in the corner, mark tight

DLP - Tries one twos, come deep to get the ball, place shots

WB - Goes forward whenever possible, runs with ball ( same as Wingers), tries one twos

DONT FORGET

• Team Talks
  • Morale
  • Training
  • PPMs
  • Praising / Criticizing playes
  • Trying to understand the tactic and blending in your team

Click here to view the original image of 800x437px.
TZroWpp.png

Click here to view the original image of 800x199px.
Cpe7pTT.png

Click here to view the original image of 800x457px.
wxDUKcf.png

Click here to view the original image of 800x435px.
TiMGJVs.png

Well here it is, i hope it works for you, like i said i will be happy if i can only help one person !!! :D

Download LOKITO - VERTICAL LIMIT (14.3)v1.tac from Sendspace.com - send big files the easy way

And a counter version, only used it once against Chelsea and it worked scored 2 goals with 10 men ( you can use it when you feel you losing control and need to maintain a lead)

Download LOKITO - VERTICAL LIMIT COUNTER (14.3)v1.tac from Sendspace.com - send big files the easy way

Last edited:
Looks great man, will give it a try as soon as i can.
What about pitch size?
And also, do u think this tactic would suit a small team? Also, beign a small team u dont have a good assman, so what do we do in those cases with the ois?
Im sorry for all the questions, thanks in advanced and congratulations

Looks great man, will give it a try as soon as i can.
What about pitch size?
And also, do u think this tactic would suit a small team? Also, beign a small team u dont have a good assman, so what do we do in those cases with the ois?
Im sorry for all the questions, thanks in advanced and congratulations

I have no idea if it works in smaller teams, it is a attacking formation but in a smaller team with fast players it might work.
The pitch is the default, bur if your a smaller team, perhaps the minimum, about the OIs, use your best defensive or tactical coach !!

Looks amazing. I'll try it and I'll let you informed.

Thanks for your great work.

Cool stuff great openin post. I will start up new game and give this a go. I will give my feed back when I can :)

I've run a quick test on an old save, excelent results, and good, fast paced and authentic alex ferguson football style! One question, which one scores the most? F9 or DLF?

Update: With 6 games to play, we only need 1 point to be the champions...great season by my team, with no transfers !!! :D

9ydgP4j.jpg

BYE BYE Bayern, nice to see you !!!(H)(6)

Dh4Flf3.png

Last edited:
You're ursing Rooney F9 and Van Persie DLF or the other way around?

F9 - Welbeck,Rooney and DLF - Van Persie, Hernandez ( but Van Persie was injured almost all season so, Ronney also played the DLF role and he did it very well i must say)

Going to try this tactic now with my Arsenal save!

R.I.P CITY !!! :D

3uWfeln.png

RIP BARCELONA, AND WE ARE IN THE CHAMPIONS LEAGUE FINAL IN LISBON... ! :D:D:D

e8VAd3Y.png

Last edited:
Well outstanding season by my team, with default squad, no transfers ! Premier League winners miles & miles away from City.

TZroWpp.png

Cpe7pTT.png

wxDUKcf.png

Champions League Winners ( i know that Leverkusen wasnt a tough finalist but see who ive played and eliminated in knockout rounds, Real Madrid, Bayern and Barcelona :O)

TiMGJVs.png

Ok its done !!! :D

Last edited: