Vertrauen ist der Schlüssel – A managers story :

AidanD10

Reaction score
Vertrauen ist der Schlüssel is a very unknown phrase. It is German for „ Confidence is key“. In life, any aspect. Confidence is key. That’s what got me here. A huge home in Gladbach, sipping champagne and wasting the hours away in front of the essence of the moonlight. In front stood the figure glowing with Success. The Gladbach stadium. I looked around and saw it was 2:29am. Saturday morning. Now would be the time to get some shut eye. In just 11 hours, we would face Bayern Munich in our efforts to secure europa league football. This would be a huge success considering all the club relataed problems and the up’s and down’s suffered this season. That however, is a tale for another day.

3pm:

Out of the tunnel I came to the barricade of cheers from the Gladbach fans. I was aloved man around this place after all I had done to save them from themselves. I made my way to the bench and sat down. The line-ups flashed up on the screen and everything seemed normal until it stopped. An eruption of boo’s filled the stadium. God! I would hate to be the man they were mad at. Well, just my luck, all the boo’s were aimed directly at me and I knew why. Top goal scorer Max Kruse, he was leading the club forward. Today however he hadn’t even made in onto the bench. Why you may ask? Attitude. He started the season as a humble young man just looking to make his family proud. Now, well he felt he was bigger than the club and that he should be aloud to leave. I understood that but I couldn’t with was his final words „ I can’t wait to get out of this dump, all you and the team did was hold me back from achieving greatness. That’s all this club is. An Anchor“ I felt it was best just to let him leave now before word got out about what a selfish, self centered, arrogant, little..... Calm! Anyway that’s why he was dropped for the game. Obviously the fans were unhappy about this but I decided to let them get at me. And let him leave the club with the same admiration and respcet from the fans that I once had.

4:30pm:

Wow! Just wow. All we needed was a point to secure what would have been a superb season but how cruel football can be. With the scores level at 4-4! We had 2 minutes on the clock and we had defended so well but it all suddenly turned to shambles and Lewandowski broke my heart and the back of the net by scoring in the 90+5 minute to make it 5-4. Instantly the fans blamed me for not starting Kruse. Honestly, I agreed with them if Kruse started then maybe yeah we would have won but if they only knew the truth then they could see why. All in all it was a superb game from a neutral point of view and after looking at the stats I would have agreed Bayern outright deserved to win but the heart and desire the boys showed today at least deserved a point. The point. Heartbreak and failure is only another reason to try harder. To be better. To be stronger.

6:25pm:

I sat down, alone in my home. On the couch I turned on the TV and started to dig into my fish and chips. Something on the news shocked me so much. It was a story so untrue, that it was almost believable. In big letters the screen read.

Gomez accused of match fixing during Bayern Game.

I couldn’t believe it. Things with Max Kruse had gotten so out of hand that people even believed I was match fixing and trying to take down the club from the inside. Live from Gladbach they showed protests outside the stadium. Many signs flashing “Gomez out” and “Gomez is a traitor”. How things had escalated, it all started off with me trying to deal with a self-centred greedy man into a full blown match fixing scandal. Everything was being blown out of proportion and was getting out of hand. But I couldn’t stop it.
8:00pm:

Sky sports news intensified with more live interviews from fans and suspected reports flying in left, right and center. I would have been enthralled in it all had it not all revolved around me. A sudden buzz came from the coffee table and I picked up my phones.

Gomez: Hello?

Gladbach: Yes, Hello Mr. Gomez, I am hoping you are aware of the recent news revolving around you and the clubs latest fixture.

Gomez: Yes, I feel the whole situation is getting out of hand and we need to stop it as quickly as possible.

Gladbach: We agree that it needs to be stopped, however the club cannot deal with anymore bad publicity and we apologise but we are going to have to release you from duties.

Gomez: SACKED!?!? You are seriously sacking me? All because of that greedy little git.

Gladbach: Excuse me?

Gomez: Nothing, I feel this is quite a harsh conclusion to jump to, why not just wait for the whole thing to blow over.

Gladbach: We cannot have this bad publicity hanging over our head while we venture through the summer.

Gomez: I do understand, however I think you are making a huge mistake.

Gladbach: We thank you for understanding and hope for all the best for you in the future.

Within the space of 24 hours, I just went from living the life and having the job I could of only dreamed of having when I was a young child to having been left out of the curb because of one selfish tw*t. It’s your life, you control it. Sometimes however, people get in the way. Not only was I unemployed. This match fixing scandal will be all over the news. I was going to have a wave of trouble and problems coming my way.

I flicked my attention back to the screen where the words BREAKING NEWS flashed along the screen. I cranked up the volume to hear the words “Borussia Munchen Gladbach have sacked manager Sebastian Gomez due to recent match fixing scandal. Wow! I thought to myself. News travels fast. The club have released a state in the last few minutes saying.

“We are sorry to announce the departure of former manager Sebastian Gomez from the club. Due to the recent match fixing incidents the club feel they need to be led by a man who solves more problems than he creates. We are deeply sorry for him and wish him the best of luck in the future”

You put me out of a job and risk the complete change of my life and all you can say is we wish you luck. You may as well have said nothing at all. I decided to just head to be and get some sleep. The next couple of months of my life are going to be ****.

Please leave any feedback below and also tell me do you like these huge clumps of writing or would you prefer it to be broken down a bit more and with picture.