Very good players not performing? Help needed!

Goonish

Reaction score
Ok I'm playing currently with Arsenal, I finished 2nd in my first season and just got going towards the end. My starting line up (because of injuries) at the moment is:

---------adebayor-----eduardo
--nasri--------------------------ben arfa
----------denilson-------veloso-------

clichy------gallas----- radoi------ sagna

---------------Akinfeev--------------

My subs (currently):
fabregas (denilson outplays fabregas)
aaron ramsey
walcott (often plays left or rm)
almunia
bendtner
djourou
wilshere

I have a few injuries:
RVP
Rosicky
Wilshere
vela
balotelli

Now that you have all the info, my question is why is my defence making so many errors?
I've played 6 games in my 2nd season and we've won none but drawn 4 and lost 2. It wasn't this way last season, I've only purchased a keeper and cb over summer.

Also why does my assistant ALWAYS say the gap between defence and midfield or defence and upfront is way too big, i play a normal 4-4-2 or 4-2-2-2 and even put in anchor men sometimes but still says the same thing?

I think my main problem is organising my defence, who seem to make stupid errors often. I don't no how to change this. They often get completely left in the dirt or are running around not marking who they are supposed to.

I always do man marking on the oppositions front strikers and centre mids, everyone else is zonal. My defenders are of good quality but always get shown up. Can you help me get back to an organised defence? What do i need to do???

Edit:
Sure I will take a screenshot and upload, give me 1 sec

Screenshot:
http://i39.tinypic.com/5yti6q.jpg

take into consideration most of the instructions here i edit depending on who I play, such as defensive line...

-

Last edited:
Defencive line is too low and also mate u may want to close down more

denilson outplays fabregas?

maybe your player instructions dont suit fabregas thats probs why he plays soo bad.

make fabregas your playmaker and only give him creative freedom no1 else. cant leave fabregas out...

Also why does my assistant ALWAYS say the gap between defence and midfield or defence and upfront is way too big, i play a normal 4-4-2 or 4-2-2-2 and even put in anchor men sometimes but still says the same thing?

That means the mentalities of your players are wrong for the formation you're trying to play. Try the TT&F download for more information.

Ur DF and MF mentality have a big gap. u must adjust ur DF mentality and MF mentality, for example ur DF mentality is 5 nod to the left from normal and ur MF should be not far from tht. like ZEBEDEE said try TT&F guide book, it'll help u.

Rooney is getting on my nerves now in my game... I think, at least for the last 9 games, he can't play at all!! One of the things he does that annoys me most is that he keeps blasting the ball to goal from long range instead of passing it for a mindful attack!

He blasts at goal and obviously it goes well wide all the time... in Player Interaction I told him not to do that and he responded in a negative manner... hmmmm.....

Can't score any goals plus doesn't even know to assist for goal any more.. and it's only 2009 in my game.. My 2nd season with ManUtd..

Big clubs offering £30 million for him now... and I'm not sure what to do? to sell or to keep him? Any thoughts? He is only 24, so I was thinkin no problem he'll get better but when and how?! oO) HELP!!!!!!!!! PLEASE......

Rooney is getting on my nerves now in my game... I think, at least for the last 9 games, he can't play at all!! One of the things he does that annoys me most is that he keeps blasting the ball to goal from long range instead of passing it for a mindful attack!

He blasts at goal and obviously it goes well wide all the time... in Player Interaction I told him not to do that and he responded in a negative manner... hmmmm.....

Can't score any goals plus doesn't even know to assist for goal any more.. and it's only 2009 in my game.. My 2nd season with ManUtd..

Big clubs offering £30 million for him now... and I'm not sure what to do? to sell or to keep him? Any thoughts? He is only 24, so I was thinkin no problem he'll get better but when and how?! oO) HELP!!!!!!!!! PLEASE......

give rooney a free-role like in real life where he doesnt score much he is like a creative player.

hes got 16 creativity and 27 technique try use him like that he should be class.