Very High Rating Player (even when losing badly)

joefrizz

Reaction score
first of all, please excuse my poor english

James Ward-Prowse profile/attributes in the end of first season
View attachment 301576
He is the culprit, I just playing FM again recently since the last one I played was the 2012 edition, so you guys probably already knew all about him but anyway this is the player I'm talking about

as Southampton manager I always put him in MC (support or roaming) in 4-3-2-1 DM WIDE in the first half of the first season, but due to a lot of disappointing results in January I changed it to different tactic with 4-2-3-1 formation, and I push James from MC to fill the spot in AMC, and he is so good in his new role as AMC (Advance Playmaker Support) his game score rating improved dramatically, raking 9 score rating for 9 times from the last 16 games he played in the league, scored 5 and got 6 assists, average rating 8.45, and 10 "player of the match" awards.

In the end of the season he was the highest average rating overall in the league with 7.76 (even better than Hazard the winner of player of the year award), and overall the most "player of the match" awards (10 total), and my team not even that good, I ended up in 5th, above media prediction but not by much

His form in the AMC role till the end of the season (16 games)........ ....End of season overall player stats

View attachment 301557...................................View attachment 301526

He is so good even when the team lose and scoring none he still got the "player of the match" and sometime with 9 rating score
View attachment 301504

Is this normal now in FM2015, got rating so high in a match even when you lose badly and scoring none?
or is just that he really is that good doing whatever he is doing in that role and position except scoring or assisting

does anyone here know how the game mechanic calculate the player rating in a match in FM2015 ?
this is my first time playing FM2015 (since 2 weeks ago) and the last time I played FM was the 2012/13 version, so a lot of things have changed of course, I know that goal and assist will give huge boast to the player rating, but how do you explain a player in the losing team creating nothing but still got "player of the match" and 9 score rating

I'm not complaining here, I love James and his crazy high rating very much I'll give my good kidney to Wenger just to stop him from declaring interest in every transfer window
I just want to know how he got those crazy ratings when he didn't involve in creating goal or assisting

Last edited: