rc10

Reaction score
I am playing as Southampton and am in the year 2020. I've won the EPL 5 times, won the fa cup, champions league before. I am at the beginning of the season 2020/21 and I've been given a transfer budget of ?1.7m and a wage budget of ?2.9m (the wage bill is ?3.1m) when normally I would be given ?30m-?100m and ?3.4m-?4m. There was a board takeover last season but the information screen says the financial status is "rich". Last season I won 5 trophies but the transfer budget is non existent so I don't know what's going on?

No; when I won the league in 2015 the board expanded the stadium to 40,000, then to 52,000 in 2017. I spent over 70m in 2017 and 2018 but I've won the league 5 times in a row and won the UCL in 2019. I only spent 30m last season

Last edited:
No; when I won the league in 2015 the board expanded the stadium to 40,000, then to 52,000 in 2017. I spent over 70m in 2017 and 2018 but I've won the league 5 times in a row and won the UCL in 2019. I only spent 30m last season

Chairmen/Owners have attributes too, one of them affects how much money they are willing to invest in the team. 'Rich' just means that the money is there, but unfortunately it sounds like the new board are being very stingy with the money :/

Also just because your finances are rich doesn't necessarily mean you will stay that well. It sounds unlikely but are your projected to lose a lot or losing a lot per month?

@Scotty Ahhhh wow that could explain a lot. I have won almost everything possible but my squad will get worse and worse if I don't have the money to strengthen it, meaning I will probably struggle to even finish 4th in the future unless I rely on my youth academy to produce some world class talent

@Billy one difference from previous seasons was that in 2016,17,18,19 our turnover was well above 200m This season it was 28.5m but I'm not quite sure why considering we won 5 trophies this season

Last edited:
@Scotty Ahhhh wow that could explain a lot. I have won almost everything possible but my squad will get worse and worse if I don't have the money to strengthen it, meaning I will probably struggle to even finish 4th in the future unless I rely on my youth academy to produce some world class talent

@Billy one difference from previous seasons was that in 2016,17,18,19 our turnover was well above 200m This season it was 28.5m but I'm not quite sure why considering we won 5 trophies this season

hmmm, have you paid a lot of transfers over time rather than up front? lost a lot of sponsors lately? paying an extraordinary amount on wages? i'm rather confused by that.

I only payed 1 transfer over 48 months but the payments from that deal would have ended by now. We got some good new sponsors too this season. We are paying quite a lot of wages (3.1m) however the board offered a wage budget of 3.2m for title challenge and 3.9m for winner, so obviously it's not that big a deal and the board's finances could handle it. Yet they still don't give me any money to spend on transfers

Your wage bill is 3.1 mil?! FFP gonna get you like a mother!

We almost fell short a few times lol; my board wants me to sign high profile players so I bought players like Suarez and Khedira when they got transfer listed, even though they wanted ridiculous wages

We almost fell short a few times lol; my board wants me to sign high profile players so I bought players like Suarez and Khedira when they got transfer listed, even though they wanted ridiculous wages
I'd say cash in on your aging players, only buy U23 and sell them before they hit 29... (maximising profits) and then you will be able to slide that budget slider to the right, even Man City don't spend 3.2m on wages!!! and we over spend!

With Soton, if you're in good standing with the board, you can actually ask them to take off that clause, and they'll accept most times.

With Soton, if you're in good standing with the board, you can actually ask them to take off that clause, and they'll accept most times.

With Cortese I found that he accepted many budget related requests in order to fulfill his desire for high profile signings but that may be a useful thing to do considering this board seems more cautious