zyndar

Reaction score
VESZEDELEM

3 versions here: Counter and Control for the 4-3-2-1 and a 4-2-3-1 as an universal alternate. The Counter version is the default one, you only need the Control version, if you are struggling on a match or you opponent is counter attacking heavily.

As you all realised, in this year's FM, it is not possible to win every match, even with a top team, you will lose at a certain point. The quality of a tactic depends on how many matches you are able to win from the possible ones. This tactic will give you enough points in your given league to win trophies.

2181773-20160329-EnqOya.jpg

Counter

2181775-20160329-QFOsze.jpg

Control

2181776-20160329-bVbUzs.jpg
2181777-20160329-vN1TWx.jpg

Corners

Only the inside forwards should take the corners.

Training

Put the counter tactic to 2 slots and control to the other at the start of pre season and set match tactics as match training. The general training should be fitness for 2-3 weeks and team cohesion until the start of the season. During the season for general training use Balanced and Def.Positioning as match training. The slider should be 2 ticks from the left.

Team talks

I don't like to complicate things in this area, but I always do it by myself. Actually let the overall team talk done by your assistant, but after you do the positional team talk:

Before the match

- Home always assertively: I have faith...

- Away calmly or assertively: I have faith...

Half time

- If leading by 1 or 2 goals: assertivevely/calmly don't get complacent; if more than 2 you should praise them

- If it's a draw or losing: assertively/calmly show me something else

Full time

- If won than praise them
- If drew or lost then assertively chew them out

During the match

- If you do not have the lead after the 1st half, tell them assertively/calmly to demand more or push forward
- If you have the lead than for the last 20 minutes tell them to concentrate

Praising players

When your player have an average match rating above 7.60 for the last 5 games, you can interact with them and say they recent from is good. Only avoid to praise more then 4 players at the same time (obviously if you are on a winning streak and more then 4 players are red hot, then only praise the best 4) and do not praise the same player in the same month again. At least this is how I am doing things.

Test season

The matches were played, no instant results. Media prediction 15th.

2181778-20160329-srjNkq.png

2181771-20160329-ujgr12.jpg

4-2-3-1 version

This is played on standard team shape. You only have to change to counter when defending the lead or if your opponent got too many shots.

2182478-20160329-Wx7bRZ.jpg

2182479-20160329-uHEXaT.jpg

Last edited:
Hahahahahaha...sosem gondoltam volna , hogy magyar vagy Zyndar :) en tudok magyarul de Szerbiaban elek :)

Will this work in the lower leagues

In my opinion, every tactic which don't require defensive players to be involved heavily in attacking or attackers in defending eg. with Structured or Highly Structured team shape and even with 'be more disciplined' team instruction, will work in lower leagues. So yes.

hi Zyndar,
where can I download the test division database are you using? I want to try my own tactic :)

hi Zyndar,
where can I download the test division database are you using? I want to try my own tactic :)

At the bottom of the OP HERE. This was made in 16.2 and for some reason 1 player is away on loan, but you still have 43 to choose from :)

okay, so i know that the best amr and aml role is inverted footed inside forward, and it is relly easy in the begining of the game with the basic database, but when the regens comes in, left wingers are left footed, right wingers are right footed and their development is impossible to train to use both feet. Any solution for this ?

good to see a counter tactic and a striker on attack duty :)

a few question to better understand your ideas:

- CM/a should be more attacking/playmakers or well rounded midfielders with decent defensive attributes?
- AMR/L I guess left on right and right on left works better?
- What would you suggest to protect a lead when the AI push the 'score' button in the final 20 minutes? Go defensive/contain?

Loving the striker movements on the counter, for some reason my defence is conceding a bit more than I'd like but could be due to my poor midfielders.

okay, so i know that the best amr and aml role is inverted footed inside forward, and it is relly easy in the begining of the game with the basic database, but when the regens comes in, left wingers are left footed, right wingers are right footed and their development is impossible to train to use both feet. Any solution for this ?

I am sure there will be opposite footed players too. But to be honest, I've never been too concerned about the foots of the players, try to get the best players and you will succeed.

good to see a counter tactic and a striker on attack duty :)

a few question to better understand your ideas:

- CM/a should be more attacking/playmakers or well rounded midfielders with decent defensive attributes?
- AMR/L I guess left on right and right on left works better?
- What would you suggest to protect a lead when the AI push the 'score' button in the final 20 minutes? Go defensive/contain?

Loving the striker movements on the counter, for some reason my defence is conceding a bit more than I'd like but could be due to my poor midfielders.

I personally more like the all round midfielders, but my suggestion would be to have both on the field.

See above answer :)

Defensive/contain should be the logical answer, but I would suggest you to change to the control version and tick retain possesion and set defence 1 tick deeper.

What are your results so far? In the 1st phase of my tests I used Highly Structured team shape, maybe worth to try. It conceded less, but also scored a bit less, that's why I changed to Structured.

I am sure there will be opposite footed players too. But to be honest, I've never been too concerned about the foots of the players, try to get the best players and you will succeed.

I personally more like the all round midfielders, but my suggestion would be to have both on the field.

See above answer :)

Defensive/contain should be the logical answer, but I would suggest you to change to the control version and tick retain possesion and set defence 1 tick deeper.

What are your results so far? In the 1st phase of my tests I used Highly Structured team shape, maybe worth to try. It conceded less, but also scored a bit less, that's why I changed to Structured.

Started very promising winning first 4 games with solid defensive performances against good teams, then lost three in a row against small teams including two at home (they seemed to find ways to simply walk the ball into the net, or of course the usual crosses...). Maybe a complacency issue, or probably my poor midfielders! Btw I'm playing in Serie A with San marino in 2020, plugged the tactic for the last 7 games of the season (tactic accomplished) as I was already sure of continental qualification.

I really liked to see the striker doing damage on the counter (I have some pacey strikers suited for this style), very refreshing for some reason I hate lone supporting strikers :)

Started very promising winning first 4 games with solid defensive performances against good teams, then lost three in a row against small teams including two at home (they seemed to find ways to simply walk the ball into the net, or of course the usual crosses...). Maybe a complacency issue, or probably my poor midfielders! Btw I'm playing in Serie A with San marino in 2020, plugged the tactic for the last 7 games of the season (tactic accomplished) as I was already sure of continental qualification.

I really liked to see the striker doing damage on the counter (I have some pacey strikers suited for this style), very refreshing for some reason I hate lone supporting strikers :)

Against small teams who are relying on counter, try the control version.

Against small teams who are relying on counter, try the control version.

Gotcha, will give this a proper test next season and most of all will find decent midfielders for CM position as I only have very defensive or very attacking midfielders (I have all other roles well covered for this tactic)!

Last thing, would you suggest specific PPM's for some of the roles (most of my attacking midfielders try killer balls oftenfor example)? I found they really can have an impact on a tactic.

Gotcha, will give this a proper test next season and most of all will find decent midfielders for CM position as I only have very defensive or very attacking midfielders (I have all other roles well covered for this tactic)!

Last thing, would you suggest specific PPM's for some of the roles (most of my attacking midfielders try killer balls oftenfor example)? I found they really can have an impact on a tactic.

I don't like such restrictions, since I usually play at lower level, so no PPM advices, sorry.

going to give this a try later with Lincoln in the conference, I'm yet to find to many tactics that work with LLM so hope to ad this to the very short list

do you use counter for away and control for home or does it just depend on opposition?

Back