Veteran M/AM L is unavailable to tutor an 18-year old M/AM R/L

grutesk

Reaction score
i have a 31-year old left winger, rocco placentino (picture #1), whom i would like to use to tutor an 18-year old left winger, bertrand traore (picture #2). as you can see in the screenshots, both are natural to the AM L position and have one language in common (in fact, they both know english and french!). however, as you can see in picture #3, bertrand traore is unavailable to be placed under rocco placentino's tutelage. can anyone explain why this is? rocco has been at my club for over 8 months and during that time i have never been able to assign him as a tutor to anyone, even though it's clear he has a perfect candidate in bertrand traore. anyone know what gives?
View attachment 324378View attachment 324377View attachment 324379

Last edited:
Ya know... I've noticed this several times too. It seems random, because of the like 10 or so players who are natural in the same position as the tutor only like 6 or 7 of them are able to be tutored. If there's any reason to this I'd be interested in hearing it too.

I've had the same problem aswel. However I noticed that you can choose another tutor for the youngster.

I believe the tutor must have a higher reputation than the youngster and/or a more important squad status

I believe the tutor must have a higher reputation than the youngster and/or a more important squad status

This is something that has always confused me. Can you lower the squad status of the younger player and then he can be tutored? I rarely mess with the squad status since it seems completely random when they get upset

Go to Player Tutoring | Football Manager 2013 Guide for the full low down on Player Tutoring but here's a few things mentioned:

1. Tutor must have a higher squad status than Tutee, and Tutee must be 'Squad Rotation' or lower

2. Tutor must have higher reputation than Tutee. Ie Worldwide, Continental, National.

3. Tutor must not be undertaking any 'Preferred move training'.

ps. if it's #1 thats the issue. I normally just raise the old guys status to first team and that works fine.

Last edited:
One thing I noticed from your screenshots there mate is that Rocco Placentino (the Tutor) is Canadian.

You might find that even if his reputation was say Continental when you signed him, as soon as he landed in Germany it could well have nosedived to Local .

the comments about reputation mattering seem to make the most sense. the tutor i had in mind is a flat out nobody, so i can sort of see why he couldn't be a good tutor. shame, because he has high determination and professionalism thanks everyone