VfL Wolfsburg | Die Wölfe | FM 23 (24)

thedoctor1903

Reaction score
Well hello everyone, to begin with I wanted this to be my last FM23 career and I'm looking forward to continue this save file in FM24 once it's more settled.

VfL Wolfsburg | Die Wölfe

VfL Wolfsburg was founded on 12 September 1945 as a 'Verein für Leibesübungen' (Club for physical activity) – hence the 'VfL' preceding the official club name. With everything in short supply after the end of World War II, the team's colours were determined largely by chance when a local youth welfare worker, Bernward Elberskirch, came across 10 green tops in his hunt for football shirts to use. The Wolves still wear green to this day.

Wolfsburg spent their early years in Germany's regional divisions and Bundesliga 2 before finally earning promotion to the top flight in 1997, where they have remained ever since – despite a couple of relegation play-off scares. The greatest triumph in the club's history arrived in the 2008/09 season when Felix Magath surprisingly led a side spearheaded by Edin Dzeko and Grafite to the Bundesliga title. The next piece of silverware followed in 2015, when a Kevin De Bruyne-inspired team came from behind to beat Borussia Dortmund in the DFB Cup final. That qualified them for the DFL Supercup, where Nicklas Bendtner scored an 89th-minute equaliser and then the winning penalty in the shootout against Bayern Munich. After only surviving the drop via the play-offs in 2016/17 and 2017/18, the Wolves recovered in two seasons under Oliver Glasner, finishing fourth in 2020/21 to qualify for the UEFA Champions League for only the third time.

OUR SQUAD

Honestly I would quite be satisfied with Casteels but club's have agreed to buy Kamil Grabara for a reported fee of €13,5 million. Polish keeper will be joining the club at the end of this season. I will be approving both Casteel's and Pervan's departures if there are any interests.

Our defensive line seems to be quite promising. Baku Maehle Lacroix and Bornauw will definitely be our regulars, plus I will be expecting Fischer and Zesiger to put up a fight.

Arnold surely is our team leader and I'm expecting lots from him both in and out of the field. Svanberg (Vranckx, Gelhardt) will be playing alongside him. I'm thinking of using 4231-41221 kinds of formations, thus we may be looking for another defensive minded midfielder depending on our current players' efforts.

Majer and Wind will be organizing our front line and I trust they'll be creating lots of opportunities for our wingers and striker.

On the flanks Kaminski and Tomas will be our regulars and they're quite suitable for IW/IF roles. Cerny and Wimmer will be backing them up.

I think Nmecha will be our star player for sure, using his strength and pace, we're expecting him to score at least 20 goals in Bundesliga. Tomas, Wind, and Cerny will also be in our rotation. We may be using 424 kinda formation but we'll see about that.

PAST TRANSFERS IN & OUT

I will be looking forward for your comments and contributions :)

Last edited:
FRIENDLIES

DFB CUP FIRST ROUND

AUGUST

PLAYER OF MONTH
LUKAS NMECHA

The boys performed really well and played some really nice football.
Nevertheless our line of defense needs to increase their performance.

Last edited:
SEPTEMBER

PLAYER OF MONTH
JONAS WIND

In the absence of Nmecha, Wind stepped up and played a fundamental role in our offense.

Last edited:
For some reason, I cannot see your pictures, the website is refusing to load them. Perhaps consider a different imaging host could solve this problem?

For some reason, I cannot see your pictures, the website is refusing to load them. Perhaps consider a different imaging host could solve this problem?

Well thanks for letting me know, I've re-upload the images using a different host, hopefully it's visible now. If not please lmk so that I can use another one :)

DFB CUP ROUND 2

Well to be honest I'd rather lose the game than Bornauw's injury, he was performing quite well and I hope he'll come back just as good after his recovery.

OCTOBER

PLAYER OF MONTH

JAKUB KAMINSKI

Despite the injuries of our two regular defenders and absence of Nmecha, the team played quite well and our confidence has been leveled up by four hard-fought wins. Hopefully players in our rotation will perform even better after finding more minutes in the field.