SaintBantam

Reaction score
Viaggio in Svizzera​
Journey in Switzerland

This is my first story, and my first FM (had it since late december). Please feel free to make any comments and please tell me if you think this is a good layout or not.
In this story I am going to be a Swiss-English manager taking charge of Swiss second divison club, FC Lugano and aiming to take them to the top in Europe and hopefully become the manager of either England or Switzerland. Thanks for anyone who decides to read. I really appriciate it.

A History of Eren Reist 1978-present.

Eren Reist was born in Southampton on the 1st of March 1978 to Swiss parents therefore giving him a dual-nationality and the option to represent either England or Switzerland at international level.

In 1987, his family moved home to Lugano, Switzerland, when Eren was 9.

Eren, a fan of Southampton, joined the FC Lugano Youth Academy at the age of 12.

His position was a deep lying creative play maker scoring few goals but assisting many.

Eren progressed through the ranks at the Lugano Academy and made his debut for the first team at the age of 18 in 1996. He made his breakthrough into the first team in the 1996-1997 season and was appointed captain in 2001 at just 23 years of age.
He was part of the side that won the Swiss Challange League in 1998 and came 2nd and 3rd in the Swiss Super League in 2000 and 2001, respectively.

In 2003 the club declared bankruptcy and there was much speculation that Reist would leave FC Lugano but eventually he remained loyal and stayed even as the club merged with Malcantone Agno and re-entered the league in the Swiss Challange League, where they have been ever since.

He played his whole career with Lugano and established himself as a regular in the Swiss national team scoring 22 goals in 52 caps, despite his low goal contribution with his domestic club.

In 2008, Reist was forced to retire early due to a knee injury.

In 2009 Resit joined the coaching setup at FC Lugano but was promoted to assistant manager later that year.

On the 15th June 2010, Reist took the reigns as first team manager of FC Lugano after the contract of Domenico Teti was not renewed, for failure to gain promotion.

GIORNALEdelPOPOLO.ch

In an interveiw with Giornale del Popolo a smiling Eren Reist describe's his feelings after becoming the new manager of FC Lugano.

"This is an absolute dream to be the manager of this great club.

"I've loved my time here and I hope it can continue for a long time.

"I want to be ambitious and I want to take us right to the top, not just in Switzerland but also in Europe.

"My long-term managerial dream would be to lead either Switzerland or my birth-nation England in a major international competition, but right now I just have to concentrate on getting us back where we belong into the Swiss Super League."

Last edited:
Current FC Lugano Squad

View attachment 134356

FC Lugano Current First Team Squad

View attachment 134355 View attachment 134357

Goalkeepers

Alex Cordaz
Gabriele Bernasconi
Michael Casanova
Silvio Pinheiro

Fullbacks

Samuele Preisig
Dennis Iapichino (On loan from FC Basel)
Patrice Feussi
Remo Staubli (On loan from FC Zürich)

Centrebacks

Pascal Thrier
Selver Hodzic
Philippe Montandon

Midfielders

Steven Ukoh (On loan from BSC Young Boys)
Antoine Rey
Marko Basic
Sehar Fejzulahi
Felipe Campanholi Martins

Wide Players

Ludoveco Moresi
Michele Maggetti
Carlos
Alessio Bottani

Striker

Dante Senger
Pascal Renfer
Guilherme Afonso (On loan from FC Sion)
Salvatore Guarino
Ibrahim Diallo

Analysis:

There is definately alot of wasted wages in this squad. I have come to a club with a total wage bill 5000 higher than the limit and so that problem needs adressing as soon as possible.
Of all the strikers, there are only two of any use and we are very light on central midfielders, so a striker and a central midfielder are the key areas I will have to improve. This could be very difficult, though, because of the tight wage budget and on top of this I will need to acquire a couple of back room staff.

Key Players

Philippe Montandon

View attachment 134345

The 27 year-old former Swiss U21 international has spent the last two seasons on loan at the Corneredo from FC St. Gallen but finally made the move permanent, for free, at the beginning of this season. He isn't the fastest of defenders but makes up for it with his arial dominance and a great execution of the tackle. Can hopefully the rock in our defence for the upcoming season.

Carlos

View attachment 134346

The Portuguese winger, 26, can play on either flank and has been a key figure in the side since joining Lugano for free in 2008. He lacks explosive pace, but makes up for it with fantastic technique. He is one of my most talented and creative players and will surely be the catalyst for a successful campaign.

Dante Senger

View attachment 134347

This 27 year-old Argentinian forward joined from fellow Swiss Challenge League side, FC Locarno in the summer and boasts a very healthy scoring record with a career total of 48 goals in 97 games, 35 of which have come in just 65 appearances in the Swiss Challenge League. He fits the role as poacher almost perfectly with power, pace, height, two good feet and excellent technical attributes but the only thing lacking from his game is any decent amount of composure. He is also the highest earner at the Corneredo and will certainly have to earn his wages as the season wears on.

Last edited:
Pre-Season Report

View attachment 134408

FC Lugano Pre-Season Report

Pre Season Friendlies

FC St. Gallen 5 - 3 FC Lugano

Not much to worry about in my first match in charge of Lugano against a Super League side. The team are still adapting to a new style of play so this result is excuseable.

FC UGS Genève 0 - 1 FC Lugano

First win. Pretty poor to say the least. Pascal Renfer get's the goal but he's on his way out now, anyway.

Dornbirner 2 - 1 FC Lugano

A poor result against semi-proffesional austrian club Fussballclub Dornbirn 13. With a number of new trailists in the side it is never going to be that easy but nevertheless, the result is disappointing and I will not be utilising the "Pre-Season is just about fitness and not the reuslt" excuse. Not too happy.

FC Lugano 2 - 2 Fussballklub Admira Wacker Moedling

Another Austrian side, but this time they were proffesionals. Still managed only a draw, although it's starting to look better.

Zug 94 1 - 1 FC Lugano

Just 167 people were there to witness another poor result against Swiss semi professionals, Zug 94. This terrible run of games is not great for out morale heading into the season. Thank God they aren't competitive.

FC Naters 0 - 4 FC Lugano

My first real win. Granted they are another semi-proffesional team but we have slipped up against them before. More importantly, though, my new signing Dragan Bogavac got on the scoresheet. The other goals came courtesy of loanee Boakye, Philippe Montandon and an absolute screamer from Carlos.

C Cerro Porteño 1 - 6 FC Lugano

A fantastic win against the one of the best clubs in Paraguay. Some great approach play for some of the goals and Alexandre celebrated signed a permanent contract after a successful trial with a brace.