Victory is sweetest when you've known defeat: A Norwich City Story.

• Thread starter Thread starter ZeCarlos
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 43
  • Views Views 9K

ZeCarlos

Reaction score
This story will be run alongside my other. I've loaded LFCMarshalls summer update; therefore all recent transfers/managerial changes are present. Hope you enjoy.

View attachment 250511

Villa sign former Canaries boss Lambert

View attachment 250512

BBC understands that Paul Lambert has signed a three year deal with Aston Villa.

Having led Norwich City to successive promotions from League One to the Premier League, Paul Lambert has signed on for league rivals Aston Villa. Speculation has been rife throughout the summer that Lambert may have been eyeing up potential destinations to a higher-profile club that City.

Having labelled claims of a move as "nonsense", Lambert obviously had a change of heart as just days later; he put pen to paper with Villa. Despite this, Delia Smith and the rest of the Norwich board claim that no hard feelings are held against Lambert.

"He's been a great manager for us. Two successive promotions is a fantastic feat. We, as a club, can only thank Paul for his courageous effort whilst being contracted to us. We wish him well in the future" said Smith.

Lee Clark, Chris Hughton and Avram Grant have been made favourites for the Norwich City job. Early reports claim that City have contacted Hughton for contract talks.

Last edited:
View attachment 250573

Canaries appoint unknown man!

View attachment 250574

Norwich City appoint unknown Jason Mann as manager.

Following an impressive first season in the Premier League, Norwich City have appointed Englishman Jason Mann as manager for the forthcoming season after Paul Lambert joined Aston Villa.

After finishing a respectable 12th place in their return season to the Premier League under Lambert, the Canaries will be hoping Mann can perform such an achievement again. Mann has reportedly been asked to work on a transfer budget of between five and seven million pounds.

With Lambert successfully working on such a small budget for three years; the same will be expected of new-comer Mann. Despite earning a decent position last year, the Canaries are once again tipped for relegation as the media clearly believe Mann isn't cut out for top-level management.

Delia Smith had this to say: "Jason is a very strong and young manager. He'll come in as a breath of fresh air and hopefully inspire us onto a great year. Myself and the board have searched thoroughly throughout the managers available and Mann was the strongest candidate by an outstanding amount. We look forward to a fantastic Norwich future."

After being asked on his surprise appointment, Mann had this to say: "It's obviously a great feeling. I have a massive love for the game and Norwich have given me the chance to show what I can do. I'll be forever thankful and I'll work hard to prove the doubters wrong."

View attachment 250577
Norwich City Reveal New Kits!
View attachment 250578View attachment 250579

Norwich City are delighted to reveal a 3 year deal with sports giant, Nike. After old kit manufacturers, Errea, pulled the plug on the deal they had with the Canaries; Nike stepped in and signed the deal. The beautiful new kits were revealed at Carrow Road to the media and eagerly awaiting fans.

In other news, the Canaries have contacted representatives for several different players. Vitoria, Tromso and Swansea have all been contacted for Romario, Kara and Stephen Dobbie respectively.

Norwich give Hearts the run-over!

View attachment 250587
Norwich City started life under new manager Jason Mann in positive fashion. A convincing 5-0 win against their reserves allowed them to gain the confidence needed to beat Scottish side, Heart of Midlothian, 3-1. James Vaughan impressed in both games - scoring four goals altogether whilst Elliott Bennett looked lively on the right wing against a defensive Hearts side; setting up two and scoring the other.

In other news, the Canaries couldn't seal the deal for Romario as Vitoria wanted more than half of their transfer budget - Mann labelled the price as 'ridiculous' and wasn't prepared to spend so much on one player. Kara also rejected the Canaries in favour of a move to Turkish side, Besiktas. However, Mann was proud to announce the £1.6m signing of Scotsman Stephen Dobbie from Swansea City.

I like the layout mate, pity you missed out on Kara and Romario...

you will have struggled to get a WP for Kara and probably Romario as well as he is still very young and has not represented Brazil yet, he has yet to get a cap in my game and he has developed nicely with me...

I suggest rather buying good experienced players for the first year or two, once you have a good squad, then you can concentrate on bringing in good talented youngsters as they take time to develop properly and your money will be better spent in buying players with good CA instead of good PA for the time being :)

I don't follow many stories on here but I like the look of this a lot and will follow it :)

I like the layout mate, pity you missed out on Kara and Romario...

you will have struggled to get a WP for Kara and probably Romario as well as he is still very young and has not represented Brazil yet, he has yet to get a cap in my game and he has developed nicely with me...

I suggest rather buying good experienced players for the first year or two, once you have a good squad, then you can concentrate on bringing in good talented youngsters as they take time to develop properly and your money will be better spent in buying players with good CA instead of good PA for the time being :)

I don't follow many stories on here but I like the look of this a lot and will follow it :)

Thanks for the feedback mate :) Yeah, I've played up until the first game of the season so I have brought a few players in - some will be revealed in the next update. Gonna finish pre-season off in another update or two then start the season. Any ideas for cheap-ish but good players mate - possibly midfielders? :)

Wellingtom Nem - Fluminese (£3.4m release) and can play straight away, offer over 48 months..

Andile Jali/Guido Pizarro/Clement Grenier (loan) Enzo Reale/Alan Ruiz/Jorge Enriqeuz (Chivas, £3m) Felipe Anderson

I know these are youngsters, however, they will perform from the start :)

Wellingtom Nem - Fluminese (£3.4m release) and can play straight away, offer over 48 months..

Andile Jali/Guido Pizarro/Clement Grenier (loan) Enzo Reale/Alan Ruiz/Jorge Enriqeuz (Chivas, £3m) Felipe Anderson

I know these are youngsters, however, they will perform from the start :)

Thanks for the advice mate - I'll give them all a look and see who would be best in my team and who's affordable for my budget left :)

he is very good and his long range shooting is quality but i think you can only get him if france is a chosen nation on your database as i think he plays for montpellier

View attachment 250599

Canaries look promising on tour of France!

View attachment 250600

Jason Mann left France delighted having overseen three fantastic performances. Simeon Jackson looked bright in all three games - replacing James Vaughan at the midpoint each time. He scored five goals and surely put some pressure on Vaughan for the spot of lone-poacher. Elliott Bennett continued his fine form on the wing and looks certain for a first-team spot. The defence looked solid with Daniel Ayala and Ryan Bennett at the heart of it. The tour came to a close with a good draw at French champions, Montpellier Herault. Despite taking a three goal lead before letting the opposition ****** a draw - Mann claimed the performance was "fantastic" and said he can't wait for the season to start.

In other news, the club brought in defensive pair Danny Wilson and Steven Caulker from Liverpool and Tottenham respectively. The duo signed a season-long loan deal just hours after the Montpellier draw. Norwich also gained the signature of attacking midfielder Bressan from Belarus side BATE for a small amount of £1m on the 17th. El Hadji Diouf joined the Norfolk club on a trial until the end of pre-season

what tactic are you using mate? good results!

Changing between one of yours - can't remember which one, I'll get back to you - and nufc1995's he posted on his story a while back.

Just want to know too mate, is Bressan a decent player if you've heard of him? His stats seemed good and he fit into the side so I snapped him up as Palermo and Juve were after him...

yeh what tactic as this has made me start one with norwich too and i've bought ait fana so what tactic and what roles have you used for your players as you are doing great and i would like success on my one too thanks

View attachment 250621

Norwich end pre-season with a draw!

View attachment 250623
Despite only drawing with Championship side Hull City, Mann described pre-season with Norwich as "simply wonderful" and said some of the performances his team displayed were "of great standard". Mann is said to be delighted with the team after the 3-0 win over Dutch side, FC Groningen. Danny Wilson and El-Hadji Diouf both had impressive debuts against the Dutch whilst Caulker was away on international duty. Bressan again impressed and set up two of the goals for star men Vaughan and Bennett. Following the 3-0 win, Hull arrived in Norfolk and put on a resolute display. Despite the, Mann was said to be happy as he decided to give some youngsters a chance against good opposition.

In other Canaries news, the club agreed a £3m deal with Vitesse over Ivorian striker Wilfried - personal terms are yet to be agreed. Meanwhile, Diouf signed on permanently for a year after impressing in pre-season and training. The winger will be available for the forthcoming season. Danny Murphy and Lodeiro were also offered deals at the club which are yet to be agreed. Chris Martin left the club on a loan deal - as did Steve Morison. Martin joined Championship side Bristol City on a season-long deal for a fee of £625k whilst Morison stepped down two divisions to join League One struggler's Portsmouth for a season. Grant Holt also left the club after demanding a transfer - Cardiff snapped up the tall striker for £2.4m. And finally, defensive duo Elliott Ward and Leon Barnett also left the club. Ward joined Norfolk rivals, Ipswich Town, for £1.2m while Leon signed on at Brighton for the same fee.

my club portsmouth got morison on there what that is awesome could you tell me how they get on please

Back