Video Refereeing

ohmygawdzz

Reaction score
Hey guys im doing coarse work in English, basically having to have an arguement about something i feel strongly about etc. I chose video Refereeing and would like to know what your guys views on it is.
Why should it not be allowed, surely it would make the game alot fairer?
Other sports like Rugby benifit from it, why cant football?
Does it ruin the game?
work away lads :D

why are you doing coursework at half 12.

Why not? It helps you get to sleep. :)

And besides, I think he was expecting answers for when he woke up tomorrow xD

Ha Ha. Big slobber all over your page were you fell asleep

oh.

i sucked at coursework.:mad:

i guess you just have to give both sides.
pros are pretty obvious.

the negatives are that it might distrupt the rhythm of the game

You have to decide to what extent you want to use it.

And that's your coursework, like three lines. At least it won't take long to make a draft :)

Why not? It helps you get to sleep. :)

And besides, I think he was expecting answers for when he woke up tomorrow xD

No he said he had a sleep before. So he will be able to stay up all night. Doing work

No he said he had a sleep before. So he will be able to stay up all night. Doing work

Yes but he said that after I replied which means I can read and had no way of knowing. (H)

Excellent thread
I'm personnaly not in favour of video-referees
I think the odd incorrect decision makes football more interesting, its fine when it goes your way and its horrible when it doesn't.....but thats only fair

No the Referees decision should be law; no ifs or buts; mistakes are part of the game and make it all the more interesting.

why didnt you do a more relevant topic like should eduardo been banned for life for his appaling diving skills people may critizie cristiano ronaldo but at least he got away with it lol

Nobody hand writes coursework anymore. :)

really? pfft

I'm not a fan of video Technology...it ruins tennis a bit i think....if i got a dodgy penalty that won my team the game i would be delighted plus it gives forums like this more to ***** and moan about

Keep it the way it is i say

When you go down the pub/school for those who aren't old enough, you have a chat about football and things like was it/wasn't it a penalty, red card, goal etc. Take the fun out of the game imo

yeah good points guys, ive got a few weeks to do it but its gotta be like 2-3k words -.-
i was leaning towards video refeering but now im leaning towards against it. i need to argue against it but also give some info on the pros. im 100% goal line technology tho

keep opinions coming lads thanks

Yh i'm against the video technology thingy because it can really affect games as it would take too much time showing the replay and it could backfire on the team who has control of the game and could change the game in the other teams favour. Even though it makes it the game much fairer the game itself would only take 1 step foward then take another 2 step backwards imo.

I'm 50/50 on the goal line thingy, if that was too happen they would have to include another two officials sitting behind both goals each game and that could cause enough confusion between the referee and the linesman and etc.

I would like to see something in the likes of the American Football system.
Basically, every team has a certain amount of challenges (1-2 per half e.g.) and can at any time use them to have specific decisions be reviewed. As in AF, a decision should be made within 30 seconds, as to not hold up the game too much.

I know it's a touchy subject, but in my opinion, loosing a game by something that is later revealed as a clear foul, offside or dive is much more disruptive to football than one or two reviews per match.

This should especially tru on an international level.

Furthermore, this would help stem a bit of the post-match violence where supporters feel cheated by the officials, and hopefully put a hold to the increased incidences of diving.
A post-match ban or fine is all good and well, but the added danger of getting a straight red in the game should cut the frequency by quite a margin.

Anyway, just my thoughts, feel free to flame me, what do I care...