Vieira set to escape league ban

• Thread starter Thread starter BBC Sport
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 27
  • Views Views 1K

BBC Sport

BBC Sport News Headlines
Reaction score
The FA says the red card Manchester City's Patrick Viera picked up in the friendly against Inter Milan is unlikely to mean he will miss the start of the season.

More...

Good, he shouldn't miss the start of the season because of that.

I doubt he is even going to hurt Man City by being suspended....he will have used to warming the bench I guess for this season

I don't mind Viera playing against us. This isn't 10 years ago.

Shouldn't have even been sent off really..

And I see where Billy is coming from, I doubt he's going to start with Yaya Toure, Barry, De Jong and Ireland fit.

Probably won't play but it shouldn't affect the league anyway, it's only a friendly for gods sake.

Probably won't be playing anyway. Probably won't even be on the bench.

But, it's quite hard to even get a yellow in a friendly, let alone a red. I haven't seen the tackle, but getting a red in a friendly, it must have been quite bad. Therefore i think he should've been banned for a league game. Straight red = ban - 2 Yellows = No ban.

Then again, he'd be one of the best players to man mark Crouch?

Then again, he'd be one of the best players to man mark Crouch?

I agree, he'd be the best person to mark Crouch, but if you're going to put him on the pitch to do one thing, you're pretty much down to 10 men. City have much better players than Vieira. But to be fair on Vieira, he's one of the most experienced players in the premiership, and still is a very good player, but there are better players than him in the City squad in my opinion..

Probably won't play but it shouldn't affect the league anyway, it's only a friendly for gods sake.

Violent conduct is violent conduct whether it is a friendly or a League game. If he breaks the rules he deserves to be banned.

Last edited:
Voilent? Haha.

Sorry, I know this is off topic, but some of the spelling here is dreadful. I love this site though.

Voilent? Haha.

Sorry, I know this is off topic, but some of the spelling here is dreadful. I love this site though.

Yeah, my Spelling is dreadful. Oh well. Point still stands.

Violent conduct is violent conduct whether it is a friendly or a League game. If he breaks the rules he deserves to be banned.

It's not like he punched a player in the face though, he had his eyes on the ball, jumped, and the player jumped behind him, and hit his head on his elbow? You really cannot blow this like this out of proportion, it shouldn't have been a sending off, let alone deemed as violent conduct..

i dont understand this, i completely agree that he shouldn't face a ban, afterall its only a friendly but a few years back, Wayne Rooney and Paul Scholes both got straight reds agains PSV and missed the opening 3 games of the league season?

Voilent? Haha.

Not really needed mate.. It's just a typo..

But, i agree with Scott, Violent conduct is the same, whether it's in training, friendlies or proper games. If you get away with it in friendlies, your mind will think you can get away with it anywhere.. Violent conduct is violent conduct whatever you're doing.

i dont understand this, i completely agree that he shouldn't face a ban, afterall its only a friendly but a few years back, Wayne Rooney and Paul Scholes both got straight reds agains PSV and missed the opening 3 games of the league season?

Have you seen the challenge mate, it wasnt really a red card. So i think it has been reversed on that basis.

Back