Views on a 5-4-1 tactic for Man City

Status
Not open for further replies.

HazzaT

Reaction score
Hey guys, now going to bed but just wondering what are your thoughts on playing a 5-4-1 with Man City.

I've used it for the first time ever for Man City and I beat Aston Villa 4-0. (I'm in January First Season)

My goalscorers were:
Tevez
M. Johnson
Petrov Own Goal
Milner

I'll post something a little more in-depth tommorow after i've had some sleep and played a few more games with it.

so many quality attacking players and u go with a 5-4-1 ? :S

Let me know how you get on keeping the other millionaire strikers happy on the bench lol tbh i've never feared a defensive formation myself even with big squads like Man city but for home games i think i would be a little more gun-ho with the formation, but thats just me lol

Like oneunited said, you have really good attacking players and your going for a defensive formation? You should go for something a bit more attacking so you can use your good attacking players. But if it works then you might aswell keep it

5-4-1 isn't necessarily defensive. It all depends on how you see it. You could easily see a 5-4-1 as a 3-6-1, a much more inherently attacking formation. It could be argued that Bielsa's 3-3-1-1 was really a 5-2-3, so it works both ways.

Will be interested to see how you worked it.

It's a more attacking approach but also leads to not conceding. As long as you're playing J. Milner, M. Johnson, Y. Toure, V. Kompany and any Striker. Milner and Johnson will get amazing long range goals whilst Toure and Kompany will score any crossed balls. I used this today to beat Man U 2-0 in my first season. Also you can play Balliotelli in AM but it isn't the best.

I personnaly find that a 4-2-3-1 works perfect... sure, you've got ballotelli and adebayor... but i think tevez does the job fine :)

I personnaly find that a 4-2-3-1 works perfect... sure, you've got ballotelli and adebayor... but i think tevez does the job fine :)

tevez really feels like a 1 man show i've lately noticed and tbh the amount of goals and assists hes got me, that's fine by me.

Status
Not open for further replies.