Villa reject £20m bid for Milner

• Thread starter Thread starter BBC Sport
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 25
  • Views Views 923

BBC Sport

BBC Sport News Headlines
Reaction score
Aston Villa turn down Manchester City's £20m bid for their England international midfielder James Milner.

More...

Yeah but if City pump the price up to say 25-30 mill then Villa will take it.

Milner is United bound incase you people dont know.(6) I dont mind if SAF dont sign him but i want us to bid for him and indulge city in to bidding war then we pull off last min, making city to pay hefty sum for Milner. In a way it will help Villa too. Dreaming is so nice.

Milner is United bound incase you people dont know.(6) I dont mind if SAF dont sign him but i want us to bid for him and indulge city in to bidding war then we pull off last min, making city to pay hefty sum for Milner. In a way it will help Villa too. Dreaming is so nice.

God I hope not, Milner would be a terrible waste of money for Manchester United. Milner is everything that Manchester United don't need rolled into one neat package. We need a flair player, a playmaker, not another workhorse player who gets stuck in.

Nice to see you being so charitable! Can we have Owen and the 2010-11 Carling Cup as well? :P

Last edited:
Good move by Vile here.

Push the price up, well done, I respect you for once (A)(H)

Good move by Vile here.

Push the price up, well done, I respect you for once (A)(H)

It's actually spelt Villa, as in Aston Villa pride of the Midlands ;)

Good to see that we can resist the Man City cheque book but tbh i'd let Milner go for 25m+, he's our best player and is only getting better and I'd prefer him to stay but look at the state of Everton after the Lescott saga.:S

I don't think Villa will sell him, why would teams would want to sell players before the World Cup mainly with English players they would only like to focus on the World Cup not being transfer to a different club, that is why mostly England never win the World Cup the players have their mind on other things and not playing in the World Cup.

I don't think Villa will sell him, why would teams would want to sell players before the World Cup mainly with English players they would only like to focus on the World Cup not being transfer to a different club, that is why mostly England never win the World Cup the players have their mind on other things and not playing in the World Cup.

Yeah and Spain wins every alternate WC. Its not that players are not focused, its just lack of quality.

It's actually spelt Villa, as in Aston Villa pride of the Midlands ;)

Good to see that we can resist the Man City cheque book but tbh i'd let Milner go for 25m+, he's our best player and is only getting better and I'd prefer him to stay but look at the state of Everton after the Lescott saga.:S

Its Vile to us :)

and unfortunately, however much some vile fans think they are a big club, your not big enough to resist bids for your best players from super money machines like man city.

will be a shame if you lose him, like you say it could have a potentially devastating effect to your success, but i don't think Everton have been that bad without Lescott. Heitinga & Jagielka are BEASTS! (H)

Milner would be an ideal signing for Manchester City,not Manchester United.Like SuperDude said,United need a playmaker,not a workaholic,as they already have Scholes,Fletcher and Anderson being the men to take the ball upfield to Rooney.

£25million and up would be a good transfer price for Aston Villa,as it means they can strengthen their squad ahead of thre 2010-11 campaign,as this season didn't really see the absolute best of them in my opinion.As for Manchester City,a player like Milner could be a great signing for them,in the sense that,his work ethic is will influence the rest of the players as well around him,to work for the ball,just like how he does at Villa.

It would benefit both parties in my opinion,with there being more advantages than disadvantages.City get a great young player who has been a starlet for Villa this season and for Aston Villa,O'Neill can look to get two or three midfielders to maybe replace Sidwell in the squad,or even Petrov,as well as a new defender,or even a young goalkeeper to maybe replace Friedel,despite having Brad Guzan.

Milner would be an ideal signing for Manchester City,not Manchester United.Like SuperDude said,United need a playmaker,not a workaholic,as they already have Scholes,Fletcher and Anderson being the men to take the ball upfield to Rooney.

£25million and up would be a good transfer price for Aston Villa,as it means they can strengthen their squad ahead of thre 2010-11 campaign,as this season didn't really see the absolute best of them in my opinion.As for Manchester City,a player like Milner could be a great signing for them,in the sense that,his work ethic is will influence the rest of the players as well around him,to work for the ball,just like how he does at Villa.

It would benefit both parties in my opinion,with there being more advantages than disadvantages.City get a great young player who has been a starlet for Villa this season and for Aston Villa,O'Neill can look to get two or three midfielders to maybe replace Sidwell in the squad,or even Petrov,as well as a new defender,or even a young goalkeeper to maybe replace Friedel,despite having Brad Guzan.

City have De Jong and Barry who works theis socks off. And it doesn't benefit all the parties as City have real talent in Ireland and they are wastinghim. How can one be sure that Milner will be prefered if he has one bad season like ireland? He is putting his career online and City is always a risk for that. Its better that he stays where he is or move to work under one of the best managers like SAF, Ancelotti, Wenger.

Back