danny4690

Reaction score
With Villa up for sale in real life and in the latest update patch I thought I'd try to get as big a new chairman as I could and within 5 seasons see how far I got.

First attempt - Got relegated from the Prem with the club still for sale, no money and fire sale of most players, bumping youth players to first team. Finished 10th in Championship in a difficult first season and midway through 2nd season in Championship (third season over all) got taken over by former Boro chairman Steve Gibson. Still not much money though and no real investment. A sideways move I thought. Back to Prem for fourth season relegation scrap and then 5th season I finished 13th.

Second attempt - lucked out on first season with a few better low budget signings, won the Capital One Cup somehow...I'm still not sure how I managed that one...and finished 15th. With the prospect of European competition I was taken over by a Graham Taylor led consortium and given a transfer budget of over £30mil, stadium is being expanded by 12,000 and youth facilities have been given a massive boost.

These are two drastically different scenarios and outcomes - has anyone else experienced such different takeovers in different games?

In other games I've played bringing smaller clubs (Kidderminster Harriers and Chester) up as far as Championship and sometimes Premiership there has never been a takeover, the existing chairman tends to ride the bandwagon up the leagues, so the way the Villa one has gone has surprised me a bit.

Any thoughts?

As the game is not scripted anything can happen. I started a save with Aston Villa recently, and 4 days in a Tycoon was interested, but the deal fell through. Will let you know when/if I get a takeover

I got tooken over by a Malaysian billionaire at the start of the game and using tff's tactics i won the league and capital cup first season and lost the FA cup final to QPR somehow

I just got taken over second season in November by Rosella sinsi the former Roma Chairman :)

I was Wolves manager once, got them to the prem in 3 seasons, under the prospect of the new tycoon owner they wanted to hire mick mccarthy funnily enough. After 2 previous take overs where it always fell through & embargo after embargo I still managed to get a team together the club finally got taken over. Got put under another embargo while they decide my future :S

Won 2 including a 7-4 against Arsenal, drew 1 lost 1 & got sacked.. Worst thing was the new manager wasn't even Mick Mccarthy, it was Steve Bruce..

I really want to manage a club that has been take over by a Tycoon I just seen in my Inter Milan Save (season 3) that NEC Nimjen have been taken over by an American Billionaire

when you choose a game that is looking to sell though - ive found twice that they sack you no matter what and bring in there own manager

In my villa save, I finished 4th first season! got taken over second season xmas time by Rosella Sensi (former roma chairman) gave me 35 million to spend and improve the youth etc, Now its a really good save

She did threaten to sack me at first and bring in here own manager, but because I was currently 3rd in the league she kept me on, so i was happy
:)