Villa to seek experienced manager

• Thread starter Thread starter BBC Sport
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 28
  • Views Views 1K

BBC Sport

BBC Sport News Headlines
Reaction score
Aston Villa appear to rule out caretaker boss Kevin MacDonald after they issue a statement saying they are looking for a manager with Premier League experience.

More...

Not too many of those floating around....

Sven Goran Eriksson and Martin Jol are the only decent ones I can think of. I thought it would have been Ronald Koeman personally. Would suit Villa well.

Interesting statement from the Villa board, and MacDonald better keep his mouth shut now, otherwise when a new manager comes in, he may well be out of the door entirely (various people saying that he would be considered a threat, or it would be difficult to work with someone who you know wants your job...) I hope he does, he's not quite cut out for this yet, but has done brilliantly with the reserves from what i hear.. (3 titles in a row?) Pretty much rules Bradley out of the equation as well, though he'd do well imo, Jol isn't going to be easy to prise away from Ajax, after Fulham tried, and Sven? Really?

EDIT: Phil Brown??

Rumour has it around the Saints camp that it will be infact Alan Pardew. Apparently, he asked to speak with Villa, and got the sack for doing so! Stupid Italians...

Bradley is my personal favourite for the nod and I hope he does get it, he's a good boss and could bring Villa back on track.

Was really hoping Bradley would join. Oh well, Gareth Southgate it is, then!

Sven will come out that he's been a villa fan all his life LOL :P

Back