villa

• Thread starter Thread starter mark8
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 22
  • Views Views 2K

mark8

Reaction score
hey can any help me on how to play david villa its almost the end of my season with real and i think villa is underproformin with 14 in 25 games can anyone help me tactic wise thanks

It may not seem good but 14 goals in 25 game's is pretty good :)

Try useing TBH tactic 4231 NO target man my ST got 47 goals in 43 games and he was no villa so should work wonders

thanks

but i have cardozo as his partner and both havent really worked wonders like i thought they would any idea on how i should play them both together?

Right. I think 15-20 league goals per season is okay for a normal srtiker.

yeah

thats rite hes not !!!
but lets not get into that!!!!!!!!!!!!
any help on how i should play him and cardozo tactic wise!!!!!!!!!!!!

Villa is no "normal striker" though:S
Sadly, he IS in my opinion. By normal, I don't mean inconsistent-underperforming and overrated ones. Those are "barely decent" strikers. Anyway, I don't see anything special about Villa that puts him over the likes of Berbatov, Defoe, Kuyt,etc, strictly in-game of course. ;)

The guy above had better be trolling or maybe on crack. DEFOE, KUYT over Villa? Gosh, dumbest comment by far I've ever seen.

I tried playing Villa as my lone targetman once. Set target man supply to "run onto ball" and give him a free role. Should work wonders as he banged in 67 goals in the whole season for me, winning world player of the year, world striker of the year, best player of liga BBVA etc etc.

dude, that is pretty decent for the league you are playing in, give him more credit man XD

i guy of his quality should be atleast 25 if not more and i dont know what cardozo is doing cos he is brilliant in any of my games that i buy him

when i used villa ive always had him up front on his tod he get loads like that ive read loads that he dunt score that meny when played wi a other stirker

Yeah, I think you should try playing him as the lone targetman. I tried playing Mata together with him upfront in that same game before and it doesn't work. Then I switched Mata to left wing with David Silva right behind him and Joaquin on the right. That is the time when he exploded with goals.

The guy above had better be trolling or maybe on crack. DEFOE, KUYT over Villa? Gosh, dumbest comment by far I've ever seen.

I tried playing Villa as my lone targetman once. Set target man supply to "run onto ball" and give him a free role. Should work wonders as he banged in 67 goals in the whole season for me, winning world player of the year, world striker of the year, best player of liga BBVA etc etc.
I don't think I specifically said "Defoe, Kuyt over Villa"? I said, in my opinion he is not so special as to put him ahead of Defoe, Kuyt or Berbatov. And I think I added "in-game" somewhere in my post. You know what that means? It means, in my current game he is not performing outstandingly as he is obviously on other people's games, genius. BTW, not everyone that disagrees with you is on crack, so get off your high horse.

Sadly, he IS in my opinion. By normal, I don't mean inconsistent-underperforming and overrated ones. Those are "barely decent" strikers. Anyway, I don't see anything special about Villa that puts him over the likes of Berbatov, Defoe, Kuyt,etc, strictly in-game of course. ;)

In game means in the game, instead of in the game that only you're playing. When you wanna talk about something that is strictly based on the game you're playing, you should say in MY game. Everyone plays the game, but not your game.

Last edited:

Okay I'm a Liverpool fan too.. But just no, what you just sad is complete bullshizzle. Firstly Bertatov is in your words, a barely decent striker, because he underperformes and is overrated. Secondly Defoe may be doing well but he certainly is no where near as good as Villa. And finally, Kuyt just isn't an out and out striker..

Whether it's in-game or not!

In game means in the game, instead of in the game that only you're playing. When you wanna talk about something that is strictly based on the game you're playing, you should say in MY game. Everyone plays the game, but not your game.
Same goes to you. The OP is talking about HIS game, you on the other hand are talking about yours, and I'm talking about mine. I don't need to say "in my game" in every **** post because it is clear enough that I don't play anybody's game except mine. And you last line should be, "everybody plays their own game"(of course, not counting network games).

I agree that 14 goals in 25 games isn't enough for him. In my first two seasons of signing him he scored more than 1 goal a game on average. I just told him to be very attacking, and put run with ball and forwards runs on often, also he could chip in with the odd FK goal if you make him the FK taker. And of course he will take your penalties with his ability.

14 goals in 25 games for villa isnt good. In my first season as valenica, i played mata on left wing, silva on right (as playmaker) and villa up front with my newbie alexis sanchez. He scored 40 league goals, in 30 games, which i was pretty proud of. Alexis sanchez is mroe of a supporting striker, (he got lke 20 assists), and hes also young and such, so villa was my main striker. I think he works best alone, or with a more supportive striker. Have you told him his recent perfomences are 'below par'?, he normaly plays better (after 4 games with no goals, i told him he wasn't playing well, he resonded in agreement, and scored a hattrick agaist villarreal first game back.) Also patience, if its your first season he might be still getting used to things.

Same goes to you. The OP is talking about HIS game, you on the other hand are talking about yours, and I'm talking about mine. I don't need to say "in my game" in every **** post because it is clear enough that I don't play anybody's game except mine. And you last line should be, "everybody plays their own game"(of course, not counting network games).
The game as in FM2009.

Maybe try reading more. When people says "in my game", you would know that it wasn't related to your game. But the impression you give others when you say "in game" is strictly talking about the game - FM2009, not just the game you're playing. Yeah, everyone plays their own game, but everyone plays the game, too.

Back