Hernanes

Reaction score
I'm just starting my third season with Villarreal and after I became Champion and being beaten in the first knockout stage of the champions league, I want to strenghten my team. I have 15 mio, but don't want to use all that money. Here is my current squad (4-2-3-1):

GK: Diego Lopez
LB: Marcelo
CB: Musacchio
CB: Zapata
RB: Serge Aurier

CM: Borja Valero
CM: Busquets
AML: Rossi
AMC: Lucas
AMR: Zarate

ST: Nilmar

SUBs:
Gonzalo Rodriguez
Coates
Razvan Rat
Bruno
Wijnaldum
Montero
Cani

I have also some good youngsters, but they still need some time to develop (Erick Torres, Atila Turan, Miguel Medina, Diego Reyes, Sergi Roberto). Are there any positions where I need a better replacement or should this be enough to retain the title.
thx

well firstly if you want to improve to win the la liga and improve in CL your gonna have to spend more than 15mil unless you find a good regen. If i was you id buy hazard and neymar, hazard for attacking midfielder because he's better than lucas and neymar as your backup striker but seeing that he scored 36 in 32 games for me in second season im sure he'll come your first pick striker

The problem is that I don't have more money. Lucas and Wijnaldum are pretty good as AMC especially Lucas. he is one of my best players. Hazard and Neymar are obviously great player but I can't afford them. I don't need a striker at the moment I think. Nilmar is scoring over 30 goals every year and I have Rossi as replacement. I will probably need a replacement for the central midfield as valero often gets injured and I only have sergi roberto and cani as deep lying playmaker

Last edited:
what about trying to sign ganso dunno how much he'd cost you? also theres verratti who should be good in your game or mateo kovacic,suso,eriksen and there all good young midfielders and reasonably cheap.

Andrea Poli could be decent to sign for Central Midfield and rather cheap perhaps.

You know you can play Rossi as an AMC? I played his as Treq behind Nilmar who was Poacher, and they were great. I would suggest using Lucas as your more Deep-Lying Playmaker and putting Rossi in his place. Or get Verratti, Battacchio or Poli (although Poli normally costs upwards of £10 in the first season​).

also if your playing on new transfer updates poli will be at inter and will cost quite abit! also rodwell would be good to equal the balance in your midfield.

ganso will cost 24 mio, rodwell 28 mio and poli 22 mio, so I won't be able to sign them. I signed some regens, but they need time to develop and most of them come from south america so they will only come if they are 18. I will rotate in the AMC position between Rossi, Lucas and Wijnaldum and for the AML I will use Montero as he always scores the most important goals. don't know why? thx for your suggestions. I will consider them in the next season when I get a bigger budget