Villas-Boas makes ref complaint

• Thread starter Thread starter BBC Sport
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 38
  • Views Views 3K
So he should be getting a nice ban or fine for his comment? Or does that only happen to Fergie?

But seriously, He finally lost and is taking it hard. Such a sore loser.

Or maybe he is taking the pressure off his players, hence why this has been talked about alot today and not Torres's miss. Smart move by AVB, plus he never questioned the refs integrity unlike Fergie did.

Ahaha, no, Villas boas was a scout :P! the Asst Man was baltemar brito. XD (unemployed for ages)

Also AVB and his Master Jose made name themselves (I mean bigger name on European football) when Scholes goal was ruled offside against Porto that knocked us out. I guess AVB was the Asst back then. Not really matters, just saying :P

Or maybe he is taking the pressure off his players, hence why this has been talked about alot today and not Torres's miss. Smart move by AVB, plus he never questioned the refs integrity unlike Fergie did.

No he just said that the linesman should of done his job... Totally harmless right? ;)

No he just said that the linesman should of done his job... Totally harmless right? ;)

He should have lol, his main job is to spot offsides and he missed two. He never said the linesman was on Utd's side.

He should have lol, his main job is to spot offsides and he missed two. He never said the linesman was on Utd's side.

Lol. Both were incredibly marginal, can't blame him for that. Doubt most people could have made the decision in real time and be 100% sure on it.
And he was doing his job, That's why Cole got a yellow card and yet United didn't get another Penalty ;)

Lol at Benfica fan. . ahh the rivalry. hehe

Potro were amazing last year, falcao at he best once again. imo, avb is still adapting to EPL football, since its different from Liga sares.

Lol. Both were incredibly marginal, can't blame him for that. Doubt most people could have made the decision in real time and be 100% sure on it.
And he was doing his job, That's why Cole got a yellow card and yet United didn't get another Penalty ;)

t6lnC.png

sorry but thats more than "marginally" offside.

t6lnC.png

#

thats definitely offside, certainly for nani, and pretty marginal for Smalling ( at the back in the first picture). Remember they are doing it in real time

#

thats definitely offside, certainly for nani, and pretty marginal for Smalling ( at the back in the first picture). Remember they are doing it in real time

i know, it looks different on the pitch, im a referee myself so i totally understand, nani's might have been hard to call but smalling? assistants should NEVER miss an offside on a set piece, thats ridiculous.

i know, it looks different on the pitch, im a referee myself so i totally understand, nani's might have been hard to call but smalling? assistants should NEVER miss an offside on a set piece, thats ridiculous.

yeah the smalling one is certainly worse. Im not sure what he was looking at on the set piece

t6lnC.png

Bad pictures are bad.
But how are these not marginal? Nani's is hard to call since it's a really bad picture, but yes, Smalling is offside. We can see this because of the picture, but the linesman doesn't have this picture in real time does he?

Last edited:
Bad pictures are bad.
But how are these not marginal? Nani's is hard to call since it's a really bad picture, but yes, Smalling is offside. We can see this because of the picture, but the linesman doesn't have this picture in real time does he?

as i said above, nani's is forgivable, but assistants shouldnt be missing offsides on set pieces, ever.

FOOTBALL IS A GAME OF MARGINS!!! If the posts were an inch bigger, Wigan Athletic would be joint 4th with Chelsea....

Arsenal wouldn't have lost against Blackburn the other night if mistakes are never made as Yakubu was offisde for his second. Just leave it and get on with life. Manchester United > Chelsea, at this moment in time.

I dont blame the lino for the Nani offside but the Smalling offside was shockingly bad for a lino officiating in the biggest league in the world.

as i said above, nani's is forgivable, but assistants shouldnt be missing offsides on set pieces, ever.

He's only human, christ. Maybe 1 time out of 50 the linesman will get it wrong. Nobody ever notices all the times they get it right, but they make mistakes from time to time.

He's only human, christ. Maybe 1 time out of 50 the linesman will get it wrong. Nobody ever notices all the times they get it right, but they make mistakes from time to time.

i know they make mistakes, yes, missing nani's is a forgivable mistake, but as ive said - you shouldnt ever miss an offside from set play, theres no ifs and buts, just no. its very poor officiating.

i know they make mistakes, yes, missing nani's is a forgivable mistake, but as ive said - you shouldnt ever miss an offside from set play, theres no ifs and buts, just no. its very poor officiating.

Why not? It's basically the same as any other offside call. He still has to look to see when the ball is played and where the last defender is and where the attackers are. Kinda hard to do that and make the right call when the ball and the players can move 20-30 yards in a second.

Back