Villa's Calling, Ronald De Boer Answers!

drew_23

Reaction score
SkySports.png

O'Neill Quits Villa
martin-oneill.jpg

O'Neill said, "I feel that I've taken the club as far as they can go under the hierarchy that Is currently in-charge of the club, selling James Milner to Manchester City was the final straw as far as I'm concerned".

There is now a vacancy at the West-Midlands club, Gerard Houllier is favourite for the post, with Bob Bradley, Ronald De Boer and Sven Goran-Eriksson all in contention.

SkySports.png

Eriksson Joins Foxes
Sven-Goran-Eriksson-Ivory-Coast_2461928.jpg

Sven Goran-Eriksson has stopped rumours of him becoming the next manager at Aston Villa by taking the reigns at Leicester City, a move that has shocked the footballing world. He touted that he believes, Aston Villa needs a new lease of life and Dutch manager, Ronald De Boer, who has no previous experience as a manager would be his choice.

SkySports.png

Houllier Retires From Football
Gerard-Houllier.jpg

Houllier said today, "I have recently been diagnosed with Parkinson's Disease and it has now got to a stage that work would not be appropriate, I have decided that there are more important things in life than football, family. I wish whoever gets the job good luck, but I believe Ronald should be given the chance to start his managerial career".

SkySports.png

De Boer Named As Villa Boss
Ronald_de_Boer_boo_1125455b.jpg

Ex-Dutch International, Ronald De Boer has been named as the new Aston Villa boss. It was announced today at a press conference at Villa Park. Ronald said,"It's a proud day for me, never In my wildest dreams did I think my managerial career would start at a club the size of Aston Villa. I look to consolidate Villa's position in the UEFA Europa League and I believe that Martin O'Neill was wrong when he said Villa cannot be taken any further. I will look to buy world-class players and also look to the future by signing young talent. I prefer to sell before I buy and I think that I can also improve the finances of the club by having an astute financial brain. I have been given a great chance by Mr Randy Lerner and I have been given a very comfortable wage of £47.500 per week on a two-year deal. I look forward to seeing everyone here in the future.

---------- Post added at 05:16 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:20 PM ----------

SkySports.png

De Boer Sacks Several Staff
aston_villa.jpg

De Boer said today, "I wanted to bring in some fresh blood, to hopefully rejuvenate the team and It is nice to have people around you that you know well and can trust. French National, Alain Boghossian was named as Assistant Manager today, with Ronald Koeman as First Team Coach. Frank De Boer, Arthur Numan and Ricardo Moniz were all signed up as Coachs at Villa Park. Along with Ray Clemence as Goalkeeping Coach, Paul Winsper as Fitness Coach, Brian Eastick as Youth Coach and Gary Lewin as Head of Physiotherapy.
It was dubbed as a Mass Exodus and shows a side of De Boer that many have not seen. Villa fans, are still wary as to whether the Chairman, Randy Lerner has made the right decision in hiring such a person with no managerial history.

---------- Post added at 05:56 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:16 PM ----------

SkySports.png

ASTON VILLA PRE-SEASON RESULTS

FC Zwolle 0 v 7 Aston Villa:
Stewart Downing Scores 4 Goals to prove his worth to Manager, Ronald De Boer. Sidwell, Agbonlahor and James Collins were all on the score-sheet. Maybe the biggest thing that De Boer has learned is that team spirit is high and the defence is playing well.

BV Veendam 1 v 3 Aston Villa:
Agbonlahor, Carew and Ashley Young make it 3-0 until Jeffrey Zonneveld scores in the 88th minute. Another solid performance, would have preferred a clean-sheet though.

Sparta 0 v 2 Aston Villa:
A John Carew Double-Salvo sees Aston Villa have a comfortable victory after making a slow start to the match.

MVV 0 v 2 Aston Villa:
Emile Heskey starts off the scoring in the 2nd minute with his first goal in pre-season. New £20 Million Pound signing Luis Suarez scored in the 45(+2) minute, to secure the win and the lead.

Barnsley 1 v 2 Aston Villa:
Luis Suarez scored another goal in the 43rd minute, making it 2 in 2 but Barnsely pulled on back in the 45th minute from Andy Gray. Big John Carew put the Midlands side in the lead in the 59th minute to win the match

Last edited:
Transfer Update

attachment.php

VILLA START SUMMER SIGNINGS
URU102433634.jpg

Ronald De Boer has been quick to strengthen the Aston Villa side, starting with the strikers positions. De Boer, signed Luis Suarez from Ajax FC for an astonishing £20 Million Pounds. De Boer said, "I didn't want to spend as much as £20 Million on one players, but I just couldn't miss the chance to sign such a player".

De Boer, then signed Wonderkid, Romelu Lukaku from Anderlecht for a £4.5 Million fee up-front and another £5 Million after 48 Months. Ronald said,"Romelu is a quality youngster and I believe he can become one of the best strikers the world has ever seen".

He then snatched Darijo Srna & Alexis Sanchez for £18 Million Pound each. De Boer missed the opportunity of buying Gareth Bale from Tottenham Hotspur, so loaned out Dennis Aogo at Left-back. Players in £67 Million Pound

screenshot20101009at172.png

To off-set the huge amount spend on players De Boer was ordered to sell by Chairman, Randy Lerner. He then sold star-striker Gabby Agbonlahor to Chelsea for £ 10 Million Pound. Left-back, Stephen Warnock went to Manchester United after the Chairman accepted a £9 Million Pound bid for him. Carlos Cuellar and Luke Young went to Porto FC and Bolton Wanderers for £6.5 Million and £5.5 Million Pounds. Fringe players sold were Nathan Baker to Stoke City for £500,000 and Benjamin Siegrist to Fiorentina for £55,000.

---------- Post added at 09:03 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:13 PM ----------

August Results:

West-Brom-v-Aston-Villa-Jonas-Olsson-John-Car_1215729.jpg

Aston Villa 0 - 0 West Bromich Albion:
In what was a really uneventful derby, the game ended in a bore-draw and progress needs to be made in future home games against weak opponents. This result left Aston Villa in 9th position, but I believe that in could have been worse, at least we didn't lose and at least we didn't concede.

uefa_europa_league.jpg

Aston Villa 3 v 1 Montpellier Herault SC:
New signing, Luis Suarez made a great impact as he scored 2 goals in the first 25 minutes. Half-time ended in 2-0. Centre-back, Curtis Davies then scored a header in the 60th minute to all but end the match. However a late brace from Montpellier saw Olivier Giroud in the 81st minute. A great result nonetheless.

Man_City_11_569679.jpg

Manchester City 3 v 0 Aston Villa
Dismal performance, deserved to lose and were thrashed 3-0. Carlos Tevez scored 2 goals and Emmanuel Adebayor scored in the 74th minute to seal the win for the Mancunians.

uefa_europa_league.jpg

Montpellier Herault SC 2 v 5 Aston Villa
An absolute antithesis of the performance against Manchester City saw us win 5-2 and (8-3) on aggregate. We went one nil down due to a volley from Hasan Kabze, however Lukaku equalised quickly, but Montpellier were resilient and Habze scored again. It looked like it was going to be a hard match. Lukaku then scored 2 quickfire goals to go 3-2 ahead, this was his hat-trick. It was edgy throughout the match till the game was sealed as Stewart Downing and Alexis Sanchez both scored in the 90th and 92nd minute, respectively.

Blackpool-FC-icon.png

Aston Villa 3 v 0 Blackpool
Another great performance saw Ashley Young open the scoring and It all went down hill for Blackpool from there as Luis Suarez and Lukaku scored again. 3-0 against a very poor side who are surely going to get relegated. I'm pleased we got a clean sheet and now were finally on form.

My Villa Player of the Month - Romelu Lukaku

Nice performance, but where did you get the £67 million from?