PafcLad

Reaction score
Saying this on my mates behalf he had a problem on fm after hes used it a message "Virtual memory is too low" anyone know what could be wrong?

Your RAM memory is too low. Buy RAM memory :)

Your RAM memory is too low. Buy RAM memory :)

As he said, your RAM is low and by any chancem does your mate run any other program in the background? Disabling some background running programs (anti-virus etc.) can help in the short term but if you really want to cure the problem then do as Vanjagl says and buy more RAM. 8-|

It's nothing to do with RAM mate, there is a setting within the computer where you can change your virtual ram. Admittedly I used to think it was the RAM aswell but after having the problem on The Sims 1 day and phoning EA they told me it wasn't the actual RAM and showed me how to correct it.

Give me a PM mate with your Operating System and I'll find the path for you to change it for you

It's nothing to do with RAM mate, there is a setting within the computer where you can change your virtual ram. Admittedly I used to think it was the RAM aswell but after having the problem on The Sims 1 day and phoning EA they told me it wasn't the actual RAM and showed me how to correct it.

Give me a PM mate with your Operating System and I'll find the path for you to change it for you
It has everything to do with RAM. Virtual memory on the hard drive is only used if all available RAM is in use. The hard drive is thousands (if not millions) of times slower than RAM. This may be blunt but, if you are going to say something, at least know what you are talking about. Don't trust some random from EA. I thought that would be obvious.

So as the others have said, buy more RAM. It is relatively cheap and is easy to install. But if you are unsure, you can always have someone do it for you.

Last edited:

Well he can indeed input virtual RAM if he has the disk space but it will be dependent on his HDD speed. Buying RAM will be much better especially if youre looking at it in the long term.