WelshCrusader

Reaction score
This is my last attempt using this database http://www.fm-base.co.uk/forum/downloads.php?do=file&id=3047 of my own construction. For this game I have loaded up all the leagues in the British Isles bar the english non leagues. Please download at your pleasure and feel free to follow and subscribe to this story. Thank you.

skysports_logo.jpg

Breaking News! Swansea City & Cardiff City lead a Welsh exodus from the English League System.

2lxtusm.png

Cardiff chairman Peter Ridsdale & Swansea chairman Huw Jenkins along with FAW chairman & president Philip Pritchard today unveiled the startling and unbelievable future plan for Welsh football.

16iwiva.png
http://i26.tinypic.com/16iwiva.png
The restructuring of Welsh Football today was confirmed today with a complete overhaul to the system and its rules and regulations. Many critics of Welsh football over the years have heralded this move as a necessary one as despite the increasing level of talent emerging from the Welsh nation it is a false dawn as these players were taught and trained by English clubs.

So as of June 1st 2009 the Welsh clubs playing in England tendered their resignations to their respective divisions as they now sought European qualification and glory and most importantly, due to a heavy restructuring program the Welsh league system would now have toperate under a heavy financial code of business, much similar to the German league system as they did not wish to run the errors of the past of Swansea & Cardiff and especially not the current plight of English football as a whole.

FAW Chairman Philip Pritchard today had this to say;

"I am delighted that our exiled teams have come back to the league, through heavy investment with various companies and individuals the new Welsh League System I feel will have a more solid footing and as a result a better financial and footballing future."

Returning 'home' to the FAW system are Swansea & Cardiff who spearheaded this movement, Wrexham & Newport both of whom in recent years suffered financial worries and relegation and also Merthyr Tydfil & Colwyn Bay who hope to reverse their fortunes playing in the English system as it brought them little success if any.

The new league system has seen massive investment from the ground up with new stadia being constructed with post haste since the summer of 2008 as this deal reportedly was years in the making after rumours that the Swans & Bluebirds would put reserve teams in the Welsh leagues, some now see this as a ruse to mask their true intentions.

The league will see near record investment in youth and training facilities and the money on offer is reportedly nearly the same as what the English Premier League has to offer following the FAW's decision to basically sell TV rights and mass market the league on a never before seen level. All this would not be possible if it were not for FAW chairman Philip Pritchard whose background has been in financial marketing and at one time was a major power behind the scenes of the Coca Cola company.

BBC_Sport_logo.jpg

Swansea City chairman FIRES Paulo Sousa after Sousa allegedly was caught taking bungs to solicit the transfers of several mediocre Portuguese players, move that later fell through thanks to a BBC inquiry

"I have decided along with the fellow members of my board to effective immediate to remove Paulo from his post as Swansea City manager and in turn replace him with a manager whom none of you know but we feel has the right attitude and true Swansea spirit to form a team of bright young players and experienced pro's into a team that will win Superleague glory and also take the Swans into Europe for the first time in over a decade. Please welcome Ryan Gwyther to the club and he will be happy to answer any and all of your questions"

"You're taking on quite the challenge in a team only last season was pushing for promotion to the English Premier League & now you sit as one of the favourite's for the Welsh Superleague debut season, how will you cope with this pressure? And what are your thoughts on the Swans 'swapping' league?"

"Thank you for the question, um, right, I won't lie this position is a great opportunity as I was born, raised and will die in Swansea an old man and before that time comes I will attempt to write my name into Swansea city folklore, I am well aware of the pressures and expectations that come with this position especially now the team plays in a division with players classed as 'inferior' but that is the challenge I expect to avoid, teams like Port Talbot & Llanelli, TNS & Rhyl, they all could spring a deadly surprise for us and we could suffer if we do not raise our game and show the English FA that we all made the correct choice in switching leagues"

"Proud day for you? Reports indicate you may be in the market for some foreign players, specifically Ariel Nahuelpan of Coritiba in Brazil, can you confirm this?"

"Yes, immensely proud day, growing up I watched the Swans and also I was a proud Liverpool fan, they've been the two clubs I have only ever loved. And perhaps, I am a fan and I think he could dominate this division if he were to join"

"Comparisons between yourself and Mourinho will come thick and fast now as you both started off as mere middle men and have now been granted chances to manage, fair comparison?"

"Maybe, but I was no middle man, I was a nobody and until I win something or at least beat the Bluebirds, I will remain a nobody, my aim at this club is domestic & continental glory and then one day manage at international level"

"One last question... have you decided who stays and goes?"

"Who stays and who goes will be my decision only and I have yet to decide, I know what players I have in mind for the future and what players are no longer needed but I refuse to tell anyone before I tell them. Thank you and hope to see you all again"

Good start keep it going mate an you have a follower :D

Good start but I don't really understand how the leagues have changed

i swear this is the third time i have seen a swansea and cardiff leave england storyoO)

i swear this is the third time i have seen a swansea and cardiff leave england storyoO)

Probably is as I've done two previous attempts :p and this is my LAST attempt.

---------- Post added at 07:29 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:27 PM ----------

Good start but I don't really understand how the leagues have changed

Swansea, Cardiff, Wrexham, Newport County, Merthyr Tydfil & Colwyn Bay now play under the welsh leagues banner and as part of their league system and have been replaced by english teams in their respective divisions.

just couldnt get the right momentum and flow right, no one gets anything right first time, and this time I'm going into it with the failed attempts ready to show me where I went wrong.

---------- Post added at 09:31 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:34 PM ----------

"Squad list is here boss, and also the youth and reserve squads are ready for your look-see, I have also taken the liberty of arranging a match between the reserves and first team, I hope that is ok?" spoke Bruno my assistant, a loyal friend to the previous manager who felt he should stick by his new club despite his personal loyalties.

"Thank you Bruno, it's about time I saw what I have to work with, time cut the dead wood from the team" I replied, yawning out nearly every word. It had been an eventful few days, going from working at a local retail outlet and helping coach various local teams youth and senior but now, this was the big leagues and to reaffirm this it seemed a lot of the pro's at the club weren't happy with a nobody in charge.

"First training session is tomorrow sir, I've also arranged several pre-season friendlies with teams so we have a good variety of opponents, care to see the list?" spoke Bruno once more, dropping a writing pad with various teams and notes attached, he had done his homework and business already and he had been here pretty much as long as I had been here. I looked at the notes and re-read them what must've been a dozen times before handing the notes back to Oliviera, all seemed good for the time being, I grabbed my new hooded jacket I'd bought for £10 at the music festival I'd been to a week earlier and followed Bruno out of the door, I looked at him as I walked down the corridor towards the pitchside and said,

"Why not. Ah not a bad set of choices there Bruno. Bit of flying involved but that won't do anybody any harm"

Later that evening...

"Three nil to the first XI... and still I see the need for mass improvement, Bruno I want dossiers on any and every player you can recommend me. I want THESE players on my list to come to my office tomorrow morning... we need to have a word with them"

BBC_Sport_logo.jpg

Breaking News.
Swansea City announce that several first team & fringe players are to leave the club pending any offers received for them. Manager Ryan Gwyther who is new to the club had this to say;

"Following the inter squad match my assistant arranged and looking at statistics of the players I feel that is only fair that I let the younger players through and offer these players the chance to part from the club to find playing time elsewhere.
Their loyalty and duty to the club will be rewarded as the fans and myself and the rest of the backroom including the board know that without these players the club would not have the foundations it does now to stand on. But like all good things their time with the club must end and we wish them the very best in the future as they have the talent to succeed."

I think you can get it right this time, is managing the national team one of your goals?

I think you can get it right this time, is managing the national team one of your goals?

Yes. I genuinally enjoying international management, on my Singapore story which the mods closed I stll play as Singapore manager and I've just qualified for the WC and won the asian nations cup and a month before I won it I was facing the sack . It's a lot more tense and harder and plus if you get the balance between club/interntaional management right, story wise it can prove good reading.

PRE SEASON REPORT

Pre Season friendlies have all been arranged, matches at home to ADO Den Haag and then Aston Villa followed by trips to Galway United in Ireland & Daugava Daugavpils in Latvia before coming home and welcoming our feeder club Ostersunds FK to the Liberty Stadium and then our pre-season cup 'The Swans Cup' where we will play Bolivian side Universatario De Sucre with a chance to play either Slavia Prague of the Czech Republic or Celtic in the final.

The phone hadn't stopped ringing, since we told certain players that their Swansea days we're effectively over the phonecalls and e-mails hadn't stopped, bids here and there, we just accepted whatever bids we could, we needed to free up the squad places for the new season as I promised the youth a chance and the club needed to considerably start anew. The only problem was valuation of players, since we joined the Welsh League system the value of players dropped to ridiculous lows and that made it even harder to gain a good profit but we would strive to sell at a good price.

Luckily for me it wasn't all doom and gloom and the club had secured two permnanet signings, Iranian attacking midfielder Hamed Kavianpour signed from Steel Azin Tehran for £400,000 & also joining the team is Dutch Antillean left winger Revy Rosalia who jons on a two year contract signed on a free from Baronie in the Netherlands who goes straight into the squad to play against his first club, ADO Den Haag.

2309742807_9dae52cacf.jpg

"I am lucky to have captured these two men on such good deals, Hamed & Revy offer the club an edge I feel we currently lack in depth. And I hope that Revy can get one over on his former team Den Haag whom we welcome to the Liberty Stadium tonight"

"Both these players are an unknown quantity, do you think they could be considered a risk?"

"As opposed the known? Look at the past decade for big money flops, Juan Sebastian Veron to Chelsea AND Manchester United failed. I am confident that both these players will do well and help Swansea push forward"

"Revy has the reputation according to ex team mates of being a troublemaker, your thoughts?"

"Revy knows my policy on disruptive behaviour, it is the club first and player second, so he knows and so does every other player that they are not allowed to step out of line"

"Excited for the league season? With some tough friendlies coming up do you feel properly prepared?"

"I could not have asked for a better mixture of games at home or abroad, a good test? It is perfect. Now gentlemen and ladies, feel free to watch the match and enjoy the rest of the evening"

---------- Post added at 03:21 PM ---------- Previous post was at 11:25 AM ----------

Swansea City 4-1 ADO Den Haag

The friendly between teh Swans & Den Haag went off without a hitch, that was up until half time when Shefqi Kuqi, our powerhouse up front ended up tearing a hamstring and would be out now for three months. But after going down in the 51st minute the Swans roared back to win 4-1 and a result that seems to hold good for the Swans as it seems several fringe players outclassed the Dutch team.

The telephone rang, it was Huw, the chairman, ringing me up to confirm the sales of several players to other teams, we spoke a little and he wanted to know whether I was making the right decision. I reaffirmed my intention for the club and I told him I was 100% sure that the club needed new blood and that some players would miss out on playing in the English league andf they were the same players whose contracts were running out soon.

The phone rang as soon as I put it down, it was a familiar voice, it was Dorus our goalkeeper, he said that another Dutchman had arrived at the club, it was name I'd missed on the list drawn up, his name was Rene van Dieren, a right back who it seems was tied to a rolling contract with AGOVV in the Netherlands, he had plenty of experience playing for Excelsior in the Dutch Eredivisie and it seems was here to play for a contract. My assistant Bruno said he was a talent we should sign now rather than wait, it was worth the risk.

"Dorus, tell him to come up, I'll discuss a contract with him now"

Rene walked in, a curly blond mess of hair bounced into the room, he seemed pleasant enough and began to talk about why he felt the Swans could offer him more than just money.

"I've heard so many good things about the club and the fact Dorus & Ferrie are here says a lot as they're regarded as unsung stars amongst the true footballing fans and I want only one chance to prove I can make it outside of the Dutch leagues, all I am asking for is one chance"

"You've got your chance, one year contract & I have the right to rip it up at any time, you understand?"

"Perfectly, you won't regret it sir"

"Make sure I don't, go talk to Dorus again, he'll show you around and we'll get some accommodation set up for you, but for now, you're a Swan Rene. Make us proud"

Wes hook hands and he left the room, Bruno nodded at me, it seems my predecessor had eyes on him before he was sacked and it may prove to be good to me as an untested manager to sign him. The forums were on fire after I had a sneak peak, the fans although were sceptical about Rosalia's signing, they were as much excited by van Dieren's signature as soon as we announced it. It seems he has a good reputation.

July 15th 2009, a sad day for many Swansea fans as their hero Leon Britton completed his move to Blackpool for a fee of £180,000. Many Swans fans knew his contract was up in the summer and that the value of players had dropped since their move to the Welsh Superleague but they now had to look to the future and hope the new players could become stars like Leon & co. Also leaving this day were Matty Collins who moves to Ystradgynlais, Gorka Pintado to Coventry,Guillem Bauza to Llanelli, Thomas Butler to Brighton & Andrea Orlandi to Leyton Orient. Other transfers includ Radanfah Abu Bakr released on a free & Rafeeq Kaid moves on loan to Holywell for 6 months.

You wrote the Singapore national team story?? I loved that story! Reading stories about small nations competing in big competitions, love it!

August 3rd 2009

Five days before the start of the footballing season, for some reason the league has opted for a 4 week break between the next match to acclimatise the players to the new system, seems plain awkward to me but I guess that's how they want it played I can't do anything about.

A few days earlier...

31st July 2009

Darren came into my office end of July, Darren Pratley. He seemed quite, not like the guy I'd come to know in my brief time here, he handed me a piece of paper and I read it and looked at him.

"You want to leave?"
"I'm sorry boss, I just... I just want a fresh start elsewhere, another challenge, I've had nothing but great times at the club and like Leon, I need something new and to be honest I would never say no to moving back but right now, I need a new challenge"
"I understand Darren. We've had some offers in for you as it goes, I hate to see you go but if I say no you'll not be the player we need you to be, here are the offers available... take your time. Choose the right one for you. I'm sorry to see you leave. Thank you for everything my lad, come back and visit though"

August 3rd 2009 (again)

BBC_Sport_logo.jpg

Darren Pratley Signs For Scunthorpe United.

400px-Darren_Pratley.jpg

Darren Pratley today confirmed many oif the rumours that he was going to leave Swansea City & move back to the English leagues by signing a three year deal with Scunthopre United with a reported fee of £250,000.

Also leaving the Swans this week are Mark Gower who moves to Motherwell, Chad Bond & David Kingdom to AFC Porth, Karl Keogh to Bodedern, young Austrian Besian Idrizaj moves on loan to Exeter whilst youth player David Berry is released.

The Swans did confirm the signing of former Baronie player Guillermo Zachschussen, who played alongside other new signing Revy Rosalio at FC Oss & Baronie, he signs on for a year as does Italian central defender Salvatore Fresi who has played for the likes of Juventus & Inter Milan.

Swansea manager Ryan Gwyther spoke to local news stating that,

"Darren came to me and asked for the move, I was reluctant but I knew keeping a player against his will would not benefit the club or him. With regards to the new signings they are on short term deals so we have the flexibility of not being hindered by large contracts for several years"

August 3rd 2009

Five days before the start of the footballing season, for some reason the league has opted for a 4 week break between the next match to acclimatise the players to the new system, seems plain awkward to me but I guess that's how they want it played I can't do anything about.

A few days earlier...

31st July 2009

Darren came into my office end of July, Darren Pratley. He seemed quite, not like the guy I'd come to know in my brief time here, he handed me a piece of paper and I read it and looked at him.

"You want to leave?"
"I'm sorry boss, I just... I just want a fresh start elsewhere, another challenge, I've had nothing but great times at the club and like Leon, I need something new and to be honest I would never say no to moving back but right now, I need a new challenge"
"I understand Darren. We've had some offers in for you as it goes, I hate to see you go but if I say no you'll not be the player we need you to be, here are the offers available... take your time. Choose the right one for you. I'm sorry to see you leave. Thank you for everything my lad, come back and visit though"

August 3rd 2009 (again)

BBC_Sport_logo.jpg

Darren Pratley Signs For Scunthorpe United.

400px-Darren_Pratley.jpg

Darren Pratley today confirmed many oif the rumours that he was going to leave Swansea City & move back to the English leagues by signing a three year deal with Scunthopre United with a reported fee of £250,000.

Also leaving the Swans this week are Mark Gower who moves to Motherwell, Chad Bond & David Kingdom to AFC Porth, Karl Keogh to Bodedern, young Austrian Besian Idrizaj moves on loan to Exeter whilst youth player David Berry is released.

The Swans did confirm the signing of former Baronie player Guillermo Zachschussen, who played alongside other new signing Revy Rosalio at FC Oss & Baronie, he signs on for a year as does Italian central defender Salvatore Fresi who has played for the likes of Juventus & Inter Milan.

Swansea manager Ryan Gwyther spoke to local news stating that,

"Darren came to me and asked for the move, I was reluctant but I knew keeping a player against his will would not benefit the club or him. With regards to the new signings they are on short term deals so we have the flexibility of not being hindered by large contracts for several years"

Great idea, just wondering what about the other clubs, do their reputation increase because this is unfair if not!

Last edited:
Great idea, just wondering what about the other clubs, do their reputation increase because this is unfair if not!

every club in the superleague has a reputation of 3000/10000, so the playing field is level, ive even increased and built new stadia for them etc BUT the clubs will tend to sign players from welsh teams currently as i removed the transfer preference for english players when i edited the database. so if i wasnt managing the team, the Swans would try and sign players from other welsh teams and atm the players in this league are ABYSMAL, but over the next few years the youth from other clubs will get bought by other teams in Wales & in England as has happened in previous databases.

Hope that answers your question?

Opening day of the new Superleague's first season. With the transfer window coming to a close and a severe lack of high profile signings combined with a mass exodus of stars from the team, it seemed as if the dark days of Swansea were back following their switch to the Welsh Leagues but this was a challenge they would meet head on.

August/September Results

Superleague. Match One

Swansea City 4-1 Rhyl

A Craig Beattie treble and another goal from Joe Allen helped the Swans shoot down the Lilywhites who could only manage a single consolatiuon goal from Rob Turner. The Swans throughout the match emphasised their greater class.

Glyndwr League Cup. First Round

Swansea City 3-0 Porthcawl

A strong Swansea team dispatched a much weaker Porthcawl team with ease. Ditch duo Ferrie Bodde, who still remains a target for several top flight European clubs, bagged a goal before a double brace from Cedric Van Der Gun securing a first round victory for the Swans.

Superleague. Match Two

Swansea City 1-0 Port Talbot

A Craig Beattie goal halfway through the first half secured the win in a slow and often boring match. But the Swans secured three points as their opponents could not find any chances to break open the Swansea teams rigid defence.

Superleague. Match Three

Welshpool 0-3 Swansea

A live television crowd witnessed the Swans first away game of the season and another convincing win against a determined Welshpool team who never really fired on all cylinders. Goals coming from Guillermo Zschusschen. Cedric Van Der Gun & Joe Allen.

Superleague. Match Four

Bangor City 0-7 Swansea

_47621686_cotterill.jpg

A hat trick from David Cotterill did nothing but inspire Swansea to another straight league win and to their highest win in years. In front of another television crowd the Swans managed to hammer home their title credentials and signal out a warning to fellow title chasers Cardiff City.

Superleague. Match Five

Swansea 0-4 Wrexham
Welcoming fellow returnees Wrexham to the Liberty Stadium, the Swans saw fit to pick them apart methodically with all four goals coming from Cedric Van Der Gun who right now is the man to stop it seems. Wrexham will count themselves lucky as Alan Tate unsuccesfully took a penalty kick, allowing Wrexham to only suffer a four goals to nil drubbing rather than five.

Superleague. Match Six

Porthmadog 0-6 Swansea

North Walians Porthmadog hosted the Swans tonight and in turn for their hospitality were treated to a six nil drubbing with goals coming from six individual players. A result that sees Swansea sitting pretty in second behind the leaders Cradiff on goal difference.

"Undefeated in six Superleague matches and the league cup match. Feeling confident right now?"

"Six from six in the league is a testament to the lads and how they're playing. The new boys I've signed and those who signed bfore I arrived are meshing well regardless of them playing from the off or starting from the bench, they're making names for themselves and hopefully will keep up the work"

"Rumours are flying that new signing Hamid Kavianpour is struggling to adjust to the Swansea lifestyle, can you confirm this?"

"It's true the lad has some homesickness issues but the transfer window now being shut it's impossible for him to move on loan or anywhere permanent, which I do not want, he is a class player and someone I know adds quality to our play and if he needs time off to adjust I will grant him this but as far as transfer talk goes, that will not be happening"

"Revy Rosalia, Rene Van Dieren & Guillermo Szchusschen are proving themselves to handy squad players coming up with goals and assists. If they continue this do you see them earning extended contracts with you?"

"If they continue in the rivh vein of form you see them playing in then perhaps yes, all of them are on a 12 month contract but I can see them sticking around and adding that depenadability that we crave as they offer us different styles of play in positions we have players for."

"Thank you for your time."

How is this a challenge?

because the teams reputation has been decreased to match all others and despite having better players the majority tend to jump ship straight away weakening the major two teams.

then over the next few seasons the lower teams put up a massive challenge, its not a short term challenge, its a long term challenge.

question answered.