Danwolf

Reaction score
Welcome to my first FM story in history and for it I've chosen Fiorentina aka Voilas. Florence is one of only two cities in Italy in which the majority isn't Juventus supporters, the other being Turin.

They have a very interesting history to. Originally founded in 1926 they had stopped existing briefly in 2002 as they got relegated and became bankrupt thanks to the now notorious Cecchi Gori. Thankfully this was short lived and they were re-established in August 2002 but have never reached the same level they once were.

The last time they finished in the top 3 of Serie A was in 1999, we're going to correct this and push Juventus out of the top.

Fiorentina is one of the fourteen European teams that played the finals in all three major continental competitions: the Champions League (1956–1957, the first Italian team to reach the final in the top continental competition), the UEFA Cup Winners (1960–1961 and 1961–1962) and the UEFA Cup (1989–1990).

Since being back in Serie A, the highest we've finished is 4th, and for the last few years we've slumped back to 8th. The fundamentals are there we have great facilities, a vast amount of support and our stadium Artemio Franchi has a capacity of 46,366.

We are Fiorentina, we are Florentines, I am Daniello Medici a living relative of the founding father to our glorious club and this is my story.

Index
Chapter 1 - End of Pre-Season
Chapter 2 - The Hard Work Begins

Last edited:
Yeahhhhh.....Cholito Simeone....Pjaca....Benassi.....Lafont.....Pezzella......very great team!!!!! Follow you!!!

Looking forward to seeing if you can hold on to Chiesa!!

Yeahhhhh.....Cholito Simeone....Pjaca....Benassi.....Lafont.....Pezzella......very great team!!!!! Follow you!!!

Thank you, they certainly have some talent though Pjaca isn't quite ours and belongs to our rivals. I plan to mostly use him as a backup to Cheisa or upfront with Simeone :p.

Looking forward to seeing if you can hold on to Chiesa!!

I hope so, he's by far our best player. Though there has been some interest in him already nothing has happened bidwise.

1184455d1541674662-viva-la-fiorentina-1129.png

Chapter 1 - End of Pre-Season.
This work started in February of 2018 and I worked alongside Stefano Pioli until the end of the season when the reins were handed down to me. He managed an 8th place finish even with knowing that it was his final season here, and just to mount the pressure on I need to do better than that. Well not according to our chairman but personally...

I do know when thing, this one young Florentine player is one of the best talents we've through in a long time and if were are to suceed, I need to bring out the best in him. I present to you Federico Chiesa!
I spent months of tinkering and negotiating with teams and I now hope it's worth it. I haven't built too much upon the current squad as there were a few players already coming in, however I have invested in the future and done so strongly as you'll notice by the transfers.

The departing players are below, we didn't get much (pretty much nothing) for some of the younger ones but I doubt they'd make it here and I didn't want them on the books. This is a business after all.

I feared Cyril was past his best and would get limited game time at his age so moved him on swiftly. As for Laurini and Olivera I don't think they were good enough for the squad with one of my signings below being able to cover the LB position and Biraghi owning it otherwise.

That brings us onto the signings. With the excellent scouting team already established, I searched out those with the potential to lead this league and signed many for the future. Well apart from two that should stand out to those that follow the EPL.

Pablo Zabaleta and Didier Ndong join us. The latter being young and still having potential he can fulfil with us as a backup CM and being free while having a low wage demand was ideal. Pablo was brought in to lead and give the team an experienced head. He mainly plays as a RB but can also cover as a LB. Also, a great mentor to some of the younger lads at the club.

Screenshots of Pablo and Diddy below:

The rest of the signings will be that for the future. We can't match any of the top Italian team's coin for coin, but having an eye for talent, that we can! (or at the least they turn out pretty bad and I can sell them on for a profit).

We had a positive pre-season and I did so on purpose, I wanted to fill the team with confidence and get them use to my tactical demands. I won't bore you with the majority of the friendlies but the more notable ones were victories:
Out of all our friendlies, these were the only ones meant to give us more of a challenge even if we were the favourites. We played our strongest squads available so I could further gauge what I can expect from them. Score-wise we dissembled these teams so it's a promising start, let’s see if the league can be so kind.

Here I was, pre-season now finished, players bought, sold, loaned and terminated. Tactics initiated.

My starting 11 decided as we'll mostly play a 4231 formation, and switch to a more direct 424 when needed.

Our key players for this campaign will be the Lafont and Pezzella at the back, Benassi in the middle, Chiesa and Simeone at the top. If these players can keep their form, we can do wonders.

The next update will be after the Udinese match in just over a months time, and potentially one slightly sooner about the youth we have signed so far.

VIVA LA FIORENTINA!

Last edited:
1184455d1541674662-viva-la-fiorentina-1129.png

Chapter 2 - The Hard Work Begins.
The media have predicted us to finish 7th with my first season in charge. I have to say I agree with them and it keeps to my target of pushing on from last season.

The only teams I expect not to be taking points from in our first push are those of Juventus, Roma, Napoli, AC Milan, and Inter Milan. I would include Lazio but I want that 6th place finish and confident I can push them out. We'll just have to see. If we don't this season as long as we finish 7th, it's a victory.

The media don't think that Simone will be scoring many goals either though however and at 60-1 odds. I would certainly place some money down for it. He will be leading the front for us, so surely worth the punt?

Our first match in the season was certainly a positive barring the injury to our star player. That's truly typical and can be very hindering. Pjaca and Sottil are going to have to work hard in his absence.

Chiesa’s injury is potentially quite bad with him being off for 4-5 weeks. I was hoping it would be less but I do guess he will be targeted often and thanks to this he'll miss the important game against Juventus.

Overall, we started well, the win against Atlanta followed up by us showing our attacking content against Cagliari and showing the best defence, is a good offence. I was also happy getting a point from Inter Milan though this should have been 3 points for us but Icardi equalized in the 92nd minute. We had a slight slump after drawing against Genoa and Empoli both opposition we should be winning against! This was then rounded off with a 3-0 defeat to Juventus to remind us we have a long way to go. Chiesa returned for us against Udinese and the goals followed.

These results also left as exactly where we wanted to be in table however Lazio do have a game in hand and if they win, we'll go down to 7th. I do hope those early draws don't cost us at the end of the season.

At this early stage of the season you can see how the table is shaping up with both Juventus and Napoli undefeated, my only real surprise is Torino getting off to a good start with 4 wins in 7 though they've had an easy start to the league.

Simeone has certainly been leading our front line to and I expect him to keep it going. I know he wants to prove the media wrong and to all those that put a pretty penny on him to win the golden boot, he'll make it worth their while.

We have a mixed couple of months coming up with our next game against Roma, and then Napoli and Milan in November. The other games I expect no less than wins for all of them.

At the end of November will be the next update. See you then.

VIVA LA FIORENTINA!

Last edited: