Viva Mexico!!!! - A Chivas and Mexico story.

Klippybo

Premium
Reaction score
1582056216579.png

VIVA MEXICO!!!!

So here is my new story. I considered some tiny teams in foreign lands and thought of some country hopping challenges but I myself prefer a one club challenge as I am a sad individual who keeps record of games, goals, appearances etc (got folders full of them lol).

Anywho I have decided to go Chivas Guadalajara and Mexico - both at the same time. The aim is simple - Win everything both domestically and continentally with Chivas and win the World Cup and even the Copa America and Olympic Games with Mexico should the opportunities arise.

Sounds achievable but difficult right? Wrong!!! Much like my favourite FM save with Athletic Bilbao I have a severe transfer restriction with Chivas although not as harsh as Athletic - I can only sign Mexican players!!!!

So basically at club level I have to lead an all Mexican side to glory and hope thats good enough to propel the national side to achievements that were unknown before.

Here is a brief intro to both club and country.........

--

1582056307097.png

CD Gualajara (Chivas)

One of the 10 founding members of the Mexican league, Chivas have never been relegated to the 2nd division (alongside their great rivals America). They were founded by French people hence why their club colours are blue, white and red. They have won the top division 12 times which makes them the 2nd most successful club in the country.

Founded - 1906
Ground - Estadio Akron
Capacity - 49,850

Honours

Primera Division/Liga MX (12) - 1956-57, 1958-59, 1959-60, 1960-61, 1961-62, 1963-64, 1964-65, 1969-70, 1986-87, Verano 1997, Apertura 2006, Clausura 2017

Copa Mexico/Copa MX (4) - 1962-63, 1969-70, Apertura 2015, Clausura 2017

Campeon de Campeones (7) - 1957, 1959, 1960, 1961, 1964, 1965, 1970

SuperCopa MX (1) - 2016

CONCACAF Champions League (2)
- 1962, 2018

--

1582058270568.png

Mexico

Mexico the country itself is steeped in football history. They played the first ever World Cup match in 1930 versus France and have qualified no less than 16 times and have also qualified for every tournament since 1994 and have escaped the group stage in every one.

The most successful nation in the CONCACAF region they have also won the Confederations Cup and the Olympics as well as a host of Gold Cups which means that the only thing missing is the World Cup (unless an invite to the Copa America happens as a guest).

The country itself has also hosted 2 World Cups which brought Mexico's best performances as they reached the quarter-finals. Famous players include Hugo Sanchez, Chicharito, Hirving Lozano and Jorge Campos.

Ranking - =15th
Stadium - Estadio Azteca
Capacity - 81, 070

Honours

FIFA Confederations Cup (1) - 1999

CONCACAF Championship/Gold Cup (11)
- 1965, 1971, 1977, 1993, 1996, 1998, 2003, 2009, 2011, 2015, 2019

CONCACAF Cup (1) - 2015

1582059061392.png

--

THOUGHTS ON THE SAVE

Its a bit different lol. It should be fun though. If domestic success comes easy (we are predicted to finish 5th in the first season) then national success will be much more difficult.

I will have to get my head around the domestic scene. The league is split into 2 tournaments (opening and closing - Apertura and Clausura) with the top 8 qualifying for play-offs to decide the champions of each stage. As far as I can make out the domestic cup also used to happen twice a season but according to Wikipedia that changed for this season which I hope takes effect in the game!

Its all a bit confusing regarding other tournaments so I shall see how we get on. I have loaded up the MLS as the USA and its teams will be our biggest rivals and challenges continentally while I have also loaded up every North American player from Nicaragua to Canada just to give the game a sense of realism.

Finally my one worry. I remember doing a save as Gremio last year or the year before and in the first year we conquered all before us and even beat Real Madrid 5-0 in the Club World Cup and the top 3 players in the World Player of the Year were Gremio players - AFTER 1 SEASON!!!! If something like that happened here so quickly it would ruin the save for me.

So wish me luck, follow, reply (keeps me going!) and feel free to add an Mexican football knowledge or North American football in general which may come into play.​

Interesting! Not a lot of people go outside of Europe for stories. Definitely gonna follow this!

Just realised I can get the Canadian Premier League. Will download that if I can tomorrow and get the save up and running.

My manager name by the way will be Viva Pinata lol

Didn't see this when I was on this morning!! Very interesting concept and should be a good challenge having only Mexican players, At least it means there will have to a be a strong focus on youth development! I wonder if you can buy foreign youngsters and develop them as HG at the club!? Good look and will be following as always!

Didn't see this when I was on this morning!! Very interesting concept and should be a good challenge having only Mexican players, At least it means there will have to a be a strong focus on youth development! I wonder if you can buy foreign youngsters and develop them as HG at the club!? Good look and will be following as always!

Thanks! The only reason I didn't do Andorra was the fact I still have to do a proper Bilbao save in Spain.

I cant sign any foreign youngsters - Mexico all the way.

Good choice, I've not long had a stint with chivas for 3 seasons, didn't manage to win the league (4 finals and 2 semis) but did get the champions league before moving on to Stoke.

I'm interested to see what you do with your strikers and how your transfer dealings go!

One of the very, very few names I recognise on here! Thought I would come back for a look - will follow Klippy, will also binge your other...

Sorry folks - its over before its begun. I basically (with a helping hand from my board) ****** things up and my lack of knowledge shone through. I tried to do a squad overhaul but little did I know deadline day was so quick. The board refused me to sign Cesar Montes (£2.5M with an extra £2m in installments) which really ****** me off and I ended deadline day with a weaker squad than what I had started with missing so many positions.

So sorry. Hate promising and not delivering (my GF may argue with that lol).

What I want in a save I think is...……….

One club save (unless it is the Champions League challenge that I came up with)
In a league where it doesn't involve play-offs to win the league lol
Either a top division team or bottom division team
A challenge
And obviously one that peeps will follow.

Feel free to post suggestions. Going to have another browse of leagues tonight. Go with my gut. Bilbao will come again but not now.

Sorry once again

Sorry folks - its over before its begun. I basically (with a helping hand from my board) ****** things up and my lack of knowledge shone through. I tried to do a squad overhaul but little did I know deadline day was so quick. The board refused me to sign Cesar Montes (£2.5M with an extra £2m in installments) which really ****** me off and I ended deadline day with a weaker squad than what I had started with missing so many positions.

So sorry. Hate promising and not delivering (my GF may argue with that lol).

What I want in a save I think is...……….

One club save (unless it is the Champions League challenge that I came up with)
In a league where it doesn't involve play-offs to win the league lol
Either a top division team or bottom division team
A challenge
And obviously one that peeps will follow.

Feel free to post suggestions. Going to have another browse of leagues tonight. Go with my gut. Bilbao will come again but not now.

Sorry once again

We've all done something like this at some point ha! What about Asia? They seem to be attracting some old talent and trying to raise their footballing profile at the minute especially the Chinese with all the big money signings they've made the last few years!