Vlad's 4-2-4 (or 4-4-2) goals goals and more goals.

Reaction score
VLAD'S 4-2-4 (or 4-4-2) goals goals and more goals tactic.

View attachment 130808 View attachment 130809 View attachment 130833

Ok, first and foremost, I have successfully tested this tactic with both Arsenal and Burnley in two different saves. I will post screenies from both to show the results but mainly from my Arsenal save since that is my current one and also the fact that I resigned as Burnley boss
:Dafter 2 and a half seasons during which I led them from the relative obscurity of the Championship to closing in on a place in Europe.

Achievements:

Arsenal save:
First season: Premier League, FA Cup, League Cup
Second season: Premier League, Champions League

Burnley save:
First season: 2nd place in the Championship, Quarter finals of the League Cup
Second season: 9th place in the Premier League

Arsenal:

First season, my signings included Phillipe Mexes for £8.5M and Sebastien Frey for £10.5M while Yaya Sanogo and Thorgan Hazard were signed as future prospects. My side did pretty well in the Premier League, recording 27 wins, 6 draws, and 5 defeats whilst scoring 90 goals and conceding 25 in the process. I also picked up the League Cup and the FA Cup. (Screenies right below)

View attachment 130815 View attachment 130819 View attachment 130820

Second season saw Andrey Arshavin (9 goals and 20 assists in the first season) depart and Eden Hazard, as Arshavin's replacement, and Vaclav Kadlec were my only significant additions to the first team. I think my tactic was perfected in the second season. I won 31 games, drew 3, and lost 4 en route to a second straight EPL title. My team banged in 117 goals and conceded 29.
|) I also won the Champions League beating Real Madrid, Bayern Munich, and Olympique Lyonnais along the way. (See screenies)

View attachment 130821 View attachment 130813 View attachment 130806

Here are some of my best results so far:

View attachment 130822 View attachment 130823 View attachment 130824

View attachment 130826 View attachment 130825 View attachment 130828 View attachment 130827

As you can see, it's almost as if my team scores goals for fun while our defensive record is pretty decent too.

Now, here are some of my standout performers especially in the second season.

View attachment 130817 View attachment 130829 View attachment 130830

View attachment 130818 View attachment 130831 View attachment 130816

The Players:

Goalkeeper
- Nothing special, just the normal.
Fullbacks
- Sagna and Clichy. Both set to Full back - defend most of the times home and away although I do occasionally give Clichy more freedom to push up by setting him as a wing back. Crossing, marking, tackling, work rate, acceleration, pace, decisions, anticipation are all required qualities. Heading, dribbling, strength are potential extras.
Centrebacks
- Left-sided one set as a stopper and right-sided as a normal defend duty. Just the normal stats. You know them by now.
Right-Hand MC
- Set as a playmaker who dictates the tempo. (Note that you would probably have to switch the right to the the left hand side of the MC if your playmaker's preferred foot is left like I had to with Cairney at Burnley). Obviously he needs excellent passing and creativity stats as well as first touch, technique, and team work. Flair, long shots, acceleration, and dribbling may help but not essential.
Left-Hand MC
- He is the midfield giant/terrier. The man that wins the ball back/ provides a threat from corners/ defends freekicks for your side. Just the normal marking, tackling, workrate, strength stats are required. Height maybe an advantage if your midfield shackler is tall. But as the likes of Lassana Diarra and Claude Makelele have shown over the years, height is not absolutely essential.
AMR
- He is set to an Inside forward - support role. He is expected to receive the ball on the right hand side and then cut in and take shots or play through balls. See Wilshere above. He grabbed 14 goals and 20 assists playing here. Dribbling, acceleration, creativity are all must. A high long shots stat can also be lethal. (Douglas Costa springs to mind :))
AML
- He is another playmaker but one that plays out wide with the intention of cutting in and playing through balls mainly.He does grab a few goals as well though like Nasri in my screenshot above. Dribbling, acceleration, passing, and creativity are a must while long-shots, flair, and crossing stats are bonuses.
LCF
- He is a complete forward with a support duty. I played van Persie here and he enjoyed some excellent games. This player is mainly expected to provide through balls and hold up the ball for the poacher and others to make their runs before releasing them. This position can also be inter-changed between a deep-lying forward and a target man duty, like I had to when I played Chamakh here.
RCF
- He is the 'fox in the box'. The man expected to sit right on the shoulder of the defence. He is expected to have good pace and acceleration, while dribbling, finishing, first-touch, composure, decisions all contribute to this player banging in the goals. I played Walcott mainly in this position (see screenie above - 25 goals in just 22 games :O) with Vela and Kadlec (in the second season) inter-changing as part of my rotation policy.

Other Notes

I let my assistant do the team talks and opposition instructions most of the time although I do pay attention to what he is saying to the players.

No touchline shouts at the start but I have been experimenting with using the retain possesion shout for the big games especially away from home. If I am leading a game approaching around three-quarters of the game, I do issue the pass to feet, retain possession, and take a breather shouts. But many-a-time I haven't done this and still end up winning the respective games. So it really is your call as far as this is concerned.
My pitch size is set to standard.
As for training, I just use IanC's schedules.

Other screenies from my Burnley save:

View attachment 130811 View attachment 130814

I'll try to add more screenies here if you want.

Finally, you are most welcome to try the tactic and give me feedback so that the tactic can be improved even further.

DOWNLOAD THE TACTIC HERE

View attachment 130853

Last edited:
OK, you should now be able to download it. Check the link below the 'download it here' link.

---------- Post added at 12:32 PM ---------- Previous post was yesterday at 02:40 PM ----------

Has anyone tried it as yet? Just curious. :)

Last edited:
What match preperation did you us?

Oh yeah, sorry I forgot to put this in the OP. I use team blend for the first few weeks of the season till around first week of August and then I switch to attacking movement for the rest of the season. The workload at the beginning is set to average and then low all throughout the season.

Oh yeah, sorry I forgot to put this in the OP. I use team blend for the first few weeks of the season till around first week of August and then I switch to attacking movement for the rest of the season. The workload at the beginning is set to average and then low all throughout the season.

Okay, thanks a lot ;) I think im gonna give this a go with Napoli...

I'll post some SS maybe later today or tomorrow. If i don't PM me, cause if so, i have forgotten ;)

Looking good...gonna try this out tommrow against a couple people online =)

trying it right now and match preparation?

I use team blend for the first few weeks of the season till around first week of August and then I switch to attacking movement for the rest of the season. The workload at the beginning is set to average and then low all throughout the season.

started using it near the end of season so doesn't get its full potential but will post screenies of results since i changed to yours at end.

Ive seen a dip in form in my Burnley save so will give this a try when i get the chance, looks good.

Started using your tactic against scunthorpe for the last 4 games i was winning 2 - 0 against Boro then they scored 2 in 5 mins except for that it looks very good need to let my team get used to it and stuff first though and Hull where very lucky i hit the woodwork 3 times and had 6 CCCs.

MillwallMillwall_Fixtures.png

Started using your tactic against scunthorpe for the last 4 games i was winning 2 - 0 against Boro then they scored 2 in 5 mins except for that it looks very good need to let my team get used to it and stuff first though and Hull where very lucky i hit the woodwork 3 times and had 6 CCCs.

Looks good mate. Yeah, you probably need to get your team fully accustomed to the tactic. Do keep me posted, looking forward to your next season. :)

keep conceding late on in games.

What you should do is remove one of your strikers and put in a anchor man. Plus, give shout outs to retain possesion, pass to feet, and take a breather. Finally, reduce your mentality to standard if playing away from home or control if at home. This should do it. I actually didn't face this problem so it is kinda weird. But those things should stop the late goals.

started not being able to score and conceding too much had to switch tactics i liked the layout of yours aswell :(

Might just not work because my team isn't good enough.