mancmalaga

Reaction score
Just wondering if there's any Russians on the forum or anyone who has a good knowledge about Russian football who can tell me about Volga NN. I started a season with them recently, they're rich, but have a transfer embargo, and I can't find out why. They also got relegated just last season but their squad seems very poor, it's in fact skeletal. They have around 22 players. I googled the owners and apparently the club is owned by a famous lawyer and an ex Russian pentathlete who won gold at Sydney 2000 or something.

If if anyone knows anything about them though any help would be greatly appreciated

They are cash strapped and unable to even pay their players. The Russian FA imposed the ban as a result

They are cash strapped and unable to even pay their players. The Russian FA imposed the ban as a result

Really? On the game they have £42m in the bank, were they recently taken over after the financial problems by someone with some cash?

Really? On the game they have £42m in the bank, were they recently taken over after the financial problems by someone with some cash?

Dunno about that mate. I follow Russian and Ukrainian footy due to the Missus being Ukrainian (and a SHAKTAR fan) and thats what I know about Volga.