Volkan Demirel Requests Transfer

JonoMUFC

Reaction score
Was a little shocked to read this on goal.com so I searched to find if anyone else was reporting it (know how the mods hate goal.com articles being posted). I have always had a soft spot for Volkan on FM games so I guess I'm making this thread just for a few speculative guess's as the where he would end up and who he would be good for outside of Turkey. I have never really watched turkish football however his stats have always been very consistent in FM, so I'm gonna speculate in regards to those attributes, people who know him better as a real life player please feel free to correct me :)

BREAKING NEWS - Fenerbahçe keeper Volkan puts in transfer request - Soccer News, Turkish-Football.com

The first and obvious choice for me was that he should go to England, his aerial ability combined with his command in the box would make him very good against the many teams which play long ball tactics (Stoke City would hate him). He would be suited to a mid-table/top half club however realistically any club outside of the bottom 5 would be relatively good for a keeper with no experience outside of Turkey (I do not think anyone of the top 6 really needs a GK except for Spurs because of Friedels age). In terms of who could afford him in that category I would suggest that the teams in England he could possibly play for would be Sunderland, Tottenham and maybe Newcastle.

I'm interested to hear others opinions on Demirel, also I apologise if this in the wrong section (Im pretty sure its not but I am human)

never heard of him tbh

whys he want to leave ?

never heard of him tbh

whys he want to leave ?

He is the Fenerbahce and Turkish National Team Goalkeeper and apparently he is very unhappy with the treatment metted out to him by fans after his performance in the first Europeans Championship playoff leg against Croatia