Vote for your favourite CM/FM players of all time to create the ultimate First XI!

Scaff777

Reaction score
Hi FM Base community and fellow FM fans!

I've been a fan of CM/FM for over 20 years since playing Championship Manager 93. I've posted an article on my blog last year asking people to vote for their favourite CM/FM player of all time based on players who never quite lived up to their legendary status on the game in real life.

The post got a great response so this got me thinking - which players would make the best CM/FM First XI of all time? I started to do a bit of online research to jog my memory of all those wonderful players who were absolute legends in the game but never quite made the grade in real life and it turned out to be a fantastic trip down memory lane. By the time I had finished I had a list of nearly 200 players!

Over the past week I've posted articles asking people to vote on their favourite goalkeeper to complete back four through to midfielders and attackers. I'm new to this forum so unfortunately I can't post a link but if you search for my name (Steven Scaffardi) in Google you'll find my blog and be able to vote.

I'd also love to hear all of your stories and memories of the players you've voted for that I'd be able to use in my final article when I post the winning First XI on November 1. I'll post updates here on what players are in the lead and all that's left for me to say is thanks for taking the time to read and happy voting!