kmitchell96

Reaction score
View attachment 188799
News coming out of Gillingham today as former Walsall, Colchester, West Ham, Peterborough and Tottenham goalkeeper Jimmy Walker has reportedly left his role as a goalkeeping coach with the club to pursue a managerial career.

In a brief statement from the club Gillingham thanked him for his service to the club and wished him the best in his managerial movement. They also kept arms open saying that if he ever wished to he could return to the club.

He had gone into coaching at Peterborough before moving to Gillingham where he continued his coaching career for the Gills. He has also recently started his own private keeper coaching sessions training some of the highest regarded kid's in the country in his own time.

With some coaching experience behind him as well as 570 appearances in his career, including 534 for the Saddlers where he is now seen as a club legend, it is believed that 'Wacka' has what it takes to succeed in management.

View attachment 188790
The keeper sent out two tweets in regards to his movement;
"I would like to thank @TheGillsFC for all they have done for me in recent times and the experience they gave me at the club."

"
They have done so much for me and it is with regret that I have to leave but I feel it is the right time in my career to make the move."

New Boss at Chelmsford
View attachment 188782
Chelmsford City have announced the appointment of Mark Stimson as new manager. The 47 year old has agreed to leave Thurrock to take up the role with the National League South side.

It is believed that Stimson wasn't even a top 3 candidate but talks with the preferred options broke down due to financial restrictions at the club.

Jimmy Walker who had taken on the role of being favourite to take over the role was interviewed by the club but said that they were reluctant to make changes to what he called "an already failing system".

Stimson's first game in charge will be away to fellow strugglers Basingstoke with the bottom two facing off in a chance to close down the 5 point gap from safety.

Harrogate's Hiring
View attachment 188775
Currently sat bottom of the National League North Harrogate have today replaced manager of 6 years who was sacked 2 weeks ago with former Cambridge City, Histon and Soham manager Steve Fallon.

The club gave the new boss a 1 year contract set to expire in 2016 but believe he is the right man to lead the club for the far future due to previous longevity in his roles including 11 year stints for both Cambridge City and Histon before a 3 year stint for Soham.

He will debut at home to Worcester this Saturday in a game that will have to see them beat play-off hopefuls in order to close the 3 point gap on relegation.

Tuesday 27th October 2015