Wagball! Birmingham City under new Ownership!

bcfc345

Reaction score
Screenshot 2023-07-30 at 21.15.07.png

The English Football League (EFL) has approved American hedge fund manager Tom Wagner's proposed takeover of Birmingham City.
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I take over the club after Craig Gardner had already gone to work in the transfer window (Summer Transfer Updated Database).

Transfers In and Out -
Screenshot 2023-07-30 at 21.18.55.png
Screenshot 2023-07-30 at 21.18.33.png

A club going through a major transitional period under new leadership, trying to get the wage budget down leaves us with absolutely no transfer budget but a small bit of wage budget we can use towards one maybe two players.

Jude Bellingham's Transfer to Real Madrid from Borussia Dortmund gave us a welcome boost to finance but that combined with Wagners investment means we are now debt free!! Sadly it doesn't help the playing staff immediately but will mean we can sell to buy in the future.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The first few weeks of my reign as Birmingham manager consisted of getting our tactic set and training schedules in place, while bringing in a new staff of my own that I can trust to run the training schedules I have set until week one of the season at home to Coventry.

We had a look around the free agent market and the only players I had any interest in were Theo Walcott, Danny Rose and Josh Maja. Theo and Danny still wanted big money for their age and to be honest were out of our budget.

Maja was more reasonable, a target last January for the club. We brought in Maja on a trial to enable us to get a good look at him and two weeks later we signed him on a two year deal and we had our younger out and out striker!

Opening Game of the season saws face Coventry the playoff finalists and what we expected to be a tough start. Here is how we lined up!

Screenshot 2023-07-30 at 21.30.33.png
Blues.png

The Season is underway at St.Andrews! Follow on to see how we started our season!

Attachments

• Screenshot 2023-07-30 at 21.18.55.png
    Screenshot 2023-07-30 at 21.18.55.png
    391.6 KB · Views: 14
  • Screenshot 2023-07-30 at 20.15.52.png
    Screenshot 2023-07-30 at 20.15.52.png
    1.5 MB · Views: 16
  • tactic.png
    tactic.png
    552.6 KB · Views: 14
MAJA MANIA!!!

Opening day saw my Birmingham side face last seasons playoff finalists Coventry City.

Blues lined up with four debutants; Buchanan, Laird, Dembele and Maja (Our only signing), with hopes high we went into the game hoping for a positive result.

Maja had himself a day at St.Andrews! The debutant opened his account after nine minutes and kick starting our season. I went into half time very happy, we had dominated and Cov hadn’t really showed anything and no shots on target.

The boys came out after half and we had an instant highlight, Laird getting down the right and a back across goal header by Maja and the Hilton was rocking. 20 minutes later and Maja dinked the keeper after being put through from Dembele and he ran to the corner flag arm aloft. He then rounded off his day in the 79th minute and a miserable day for The Sky Blues was complete.
Screenshot 2023-07-30 at 20.14.49.png

Maja was brilliant. He had the ball in the net six times but had two disallowed. Another standout was Dembele who was creative throughout but also Bielik who signed permanently in the summer had a great game as a libero, bring the ball out from the back and starting attacks was a joy to be seen.

Are we going to be the surprise team? We have put the league on notice!
Screenshot 2023-07-30 at 21.47.11.png