Wage budget far too small!!!

shaunski

Reaction score
I am doin very well with wycombe and have got into the premiership after 4 hard seasons, also expanded stadium etc...
My finances are very very healthy but the board always restrict the wages i can offer potential new players and tell me to offload players to make room for extra wages, even though i have the bare bones of a team as it is, and none of them are on ridiculous contracts. Is there anything i can do?????

Thanks

Have you asked your board to give you extra wages, or tried to use the budget adjustment tool?

yea have tried both and out of curiosity i saved then issued an ultimatum and they fired me. even though i have done really good things and my record is excellent. trying to sign new players who aren't even mega stars is basically impossible at the minute. i'm stuck...

Ultimatum's are rubbish lol.

I'm currently ranked the best manager in the world and if I save then ultimatum over more funds I get relieved of my duty. :p

If the board is crimping your style, then you may have to move on if you can't accept how they're running the club financially. It's understandable that they'll want a lot more evidence of stable Premiership status before they open their chequebooks for more wages. Another factor is if you're consistently going over the wage budget they set - that tends to make them very worried. In fact, your job probably wouldn't be secure if you have a low financial rating because of that and you weren't responsible for their league success.

Have similar problem i have 20 mil. in transfer budget and 170K p/w there are some great players for club on free but i cannot buy them any ideas??