Rossfest

Reaction score
So i have taken on the unenviable task of trying to manage Portsmouth back to the top. I have just come out of administration and got taken over by a brazilian tycoon. (it seems to be written into the game that this happens August 1st season no matter what)

I have been given a transfer budget of about 1mil and im about 20k under my wage budget but when i try to sign players, even free transfers I cant offer more than 90 per week. Its driving me mad. I have a depleted squad due to my administrators selling my key players before my tycoon came in

If anyone has any suggestions or ideas as to how or when i will be able to spend money or if this i just a bug please let me know

Wage structure also depends on what squad status are you giving for the new signing. For example: even if you are $100k under your wage cap but if you're only signing a 'hot prospect', the board probably will only allow max wage between 6k-15k. I think player reputation also affect this.

still in administration my bad. Just assumed that would be rectified as soon as i got my tycoon owner. Thanks Ill keep you posted with how long it takes between getting taken over and coming out of administration.

Thanks

yeah hopefully before the window slams shut. Need some freebies and some cheap gems to save this pompey side. Should be a rewarding save if it goes to plan though

If i were you id a.) Focus on teamwork and team cohesion for the first two months

B.) Set as many friendlies as you can, helps the squad work together... Did this with my toro save when i brought in 8 players and we hit the ground running straight away.

eeek august 26th and still in admin. 1st 3 games lost :( main striker connolly injured for 5months. Parent club Chelsea wont send me any loans. Poopers. Ahh well i signed up for a challenge.

eeek august 26th and still in admin. 1st 3 games lost :( main striker connolly injured for 5months. Parent club Chelsea wont send me any loans. Poopers. Ahh well i signed up for a challenge.

i support portsmouth give young talents like Webster Butler Wallace Maloney Tarbuck(if he on game) Harris etc games they are amazing on FM and IRL

1St of September youll have one day to sign players, monthly financial reports will follow the change etc;

Look.for free loans, a guy at Norwich if i recall, and Hulse at QPR

i support portsmouth give young talents like Webster Butler Wallace Maloney Tarbuck(if he on game) Harris etc games they are amazing on FM and IRL

thanks they all look like pretty solid prospects. ill keep this thread open and let you know how they do

1St of September youll have one day to sign players, monthly financial reports will follow the change etc;

Look.for free loans, a guy at Norwich if i recall, and Hulse at QPR

a striker is definately needed along with another cm, a versatile winger and a bit more cover at cb seeing as Rocha always gets sold by admin bastards

Im pretty sure you can loan over the season, so you'll still be alright, provided you can keep your head above water til January

Im pretty sure you can loan over the season, so you'll still be alright, provided you can keep your head above water til January

I cant even loan at the moment. Transfer could not be confirmed keeps crushing me everytime i finalize a deal. Pain in the ***

Alright so i finally got the message that my club has restructured its debt and i can start to negotiate transfer deals again. So after getting taken over by a brazilian tycoon on July 28th, it took until Sept 10th to balance the books. Go go free transfer time :) hopefully i can survive until Jan when i can buy some talent.

I know this isn't the reason anymore as you have solved it, but another possibility for normal teams (in case anyone else comes across this thread) is that your board take account potential "future" transfers as well when setting the wage they are happy about giving a player.

For instance, on a save I have running atm, I had offered contracts to a couple of free transfer0 (around £10-£15k)s, so I could only offer around £1k to the third free transfer, even though technically I was still around £25k under my wage budget. Once the original two free transfers fell through though, I could offer the third the £15k he wanted, as I wasn't committed to the first two players.

P.S i started this save today, not one person's come in for th club- .-

Actually i restarted on the old database in Germany, got my thing done mid july, should reconfigur itself soon.

Last edited:
so Ive managed to get in some free transfers to bolster my tiny squad, gone for the age and experience of prior club favourites Benjani and Diop. Old and injury prone but my scouts think they are still the bees knees. also signed Nicky weaver as an experienced keeper and Marcel Eger as a solid CB. Not the youngest guys and by no means what im going to build my squad with but hopefully enough to keep me in a decent position in the league until some money is made available for young blood.

Also just added Ben Gordon as LB, Jaimie Peters at RB. getting a reputation as a free transfer wheeler dealer

Last edited:
Did you try for Zanetti? He could still be free im fending off all clubs for him

And yeah i didn't get the transfer things back and iv got ten days left

How are you playing it? I'm massively defensive right now~ Westwood is dreadful